Vogue Ban Discussion

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

wap
Round Winner

Re: Vogue Ban Discussion

Post by wap »

compguygene wrote:I think that the likelihood of a re-vote even happening will depend on what happens in the interim.
I think it depends on something else entirely.

The length and fairness of this ban can be discussed all you want, but fact is that the ladle rules don't allow for offenders to appeal their ban, nor do they contain the option of shortening existing bans.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

Kyle asked me a question and I answered. If in 5 months the team leaders deem me worthy for an appeal, it would be legit. If not, I rest my case.
wap
Round Winner

Post by wap »

So, let me get this straight. You're saying the community can only ban you in accordance with the rules, but when you want to appeal your ban you can do so based on... nothing?

I don't think this is how it works
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

Is there a ladle committee? If so, they can decide if people are allowed to appeal their bans.
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

Let's be clear here. There isn't a "Ladle Committee". There are "Ladle Enthusiasts" which are anybody who participates in Ladles, and people who vote in a PM trial or people who vote to change rules. The people who vote are defined on the wiki for a PM trial. For changing the rules, it has never been defined on the wiki, but has traditionally been decided by a team leader submitting a vote from each team that participated in the Ladle prior to the time that the rule change is being implemented. First, we would have to have a vote to amend the rules to allow an appeal. Then we would have to follow the process we define for an appeal. I kinda assumed everybody got that. At any time, a Ladle enthusiast could step forward to open a discussion about creating a rule to allow for an appeal. There is already a process for that, it's just another rule change.
However, without a rule change, this discussion is kinda pointless at this time.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
theo
Round Winner

Post by theo »

Changes are not usually retroactive.

That's why you were only banned one month the first time.
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

I have had discussions with sine.wav recently regarding the status of liz and serendipity. He has come to me saying that liz is banned from spectating in ladle and I for one have gone back and read through everything and have not found anything of the sort. She is banned from participating in ladle which means to take part of an event, no where does it state that she can not "spectate" a ladle. Yes as he states she was IP banned from the servers, but when reading through the conversations again I realized that it was stated that the server owners could ban her. It does not state that they had to, nor does it state that she is not able to spectate or speak to anyone on a ts channel while ladle takes place. You all can place me on trial if you please, after all this is just a game and I for one think this shit has gotten way out of hand, I will not be giving into sine's threats that I will be placed on trial and liz will be on teamspeak with us during ladle.
sinewav wrote:
Gazelle wrote:Subject: Vogue Ban Discussion
As a matter of fact, we are in no place looking to start Liz, she was brought on to be a part of what we are doing here and she wanted to analyze ladle recordings and try to shot-call during ladles just like someone would do during a League of Legends match.
I'm sorry to be the one to point this out, but this is a bad idea. I wanted to do this privately to avoid more heat on you and your team. I am assuming you are the leader of Serendipity and I won't have to contact Ampz too? Here is the deal: a Ladle ban means the player cannot participate in any capacity, it's not just being on the grid. That is why their IP is banned. They are not allowed in the servers. If you knowingly allow Liz to sit in a server and help your team as stated in your post this will most likely send you to trial and possibly Ampz as well.

Surely your team will be under many eyes next Ladle. Let's try to reduce the drama in this game, shall we?
sinewav wrote:
Gazelle wrote:However, she was banned from playing in the ladle, where does it state that she can not watch?
Banned is banned. What happens when you get banned from a server, Gaz? You can't go in there. There is a reason why her IP is on the banned list, because that's what a ban is. If we were just trying to keep her off the grid we would only shun Vogue by changing her GID access level to 16 (which is also done for sake of completeness).

Look, I like Liz too. But our personal feelings about her are subordinate to that of the greater community. Decisions are made as a group and this is the reality.

If you continue to invite her into the game this will put a lot of heat on Serendipity. When the mob rages, no one is safe. It could easily escalate from putting you on trial, to Lowkey and the rest of the team too. Even if your teammates don't get banned they might not appreciate the negative attention.

It's pretty clear to see how this will play out, man. I just don't want to go through this again and again.

Just so you know, I'm contacting you because a few people were confused about what capacity Liz can be a part of Ladle and asked me about it. (I'm holding them off posting publicly) The answer is "no capacity." It is common to say "spec'ing" is not "playing" but that is not the what is intended with a Ladle ban. The intention is to remove the player from the game by blocking the IP.

If she uses a proxy to join, she will be evading again. Who knows, she may even get another 12 months on top of this one.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

Sorry, but I'm allowed to be on my clan ts during ladle.
Lowkey
Core Dumper

Post by Lowkey »

SINCE you brought me up. Let's talk shall we.

Firstly, your judicial system setup here is shit you don't EVEN have an appeal process so let's calm down you have holes everywhere.

Secondly, what if I share my screen with Liz how are you gonna prevent that.

Thirdly, is this a threat? Why don't you just ban everyone? You just made a post about the decline but you sit there and make idle threats about possibly banning people especially people like me and gazelle who are some of the most active community members.

Fourthly, is this all really necessary what is the big deal with her watching ladel? And how do you intend to stop her from watching?

If some TEAM let's her play for them that's THEIR fault.
wap
Round Winner

Post by wap »

Lowkey wrote:SINCE you brought me up. Let's talk shall we.

Firstly, your judicial system setup here is shit you don't EVEN have an appeal process so let's calm down you have holes everywhere.

Secondly, what if I share my screen with Liz how are you gonna prevent that.

Thirdly, is this a threat? Why don't you just ban everyone? You just made a post about the decline but you sit there and make idle threats about possibly banning people especially people like me and gazelle who are some of the most active community members.

Fourthly, is this all really necessary what is the big deal with her watching ladel? And how do you intend to stop her from watching?

If some TEAM let's her play for them that's THEIR fault.
pHPvJ.gif
pHPvJ.gif (1 MiB) Viewed 2703 times
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Gazelle wrote:...I realized that it was stated that the server owners could ban her. It does not state that they had to...
You are wrong about this. The ban is included in the authorities. The server owners comply by default.

Vogue's IP is banned. This means she is not allowed in the server. If she joins under another IP, she is evading her ban and can be kicked and retried for an extended ban. (So much for an appeal :roll: ) However, she is allowed in a private TS server because those are outside of the scope of Ladle authorities, which only deal with Ladle servers. If you want to invite liz over to your place and let her look over your shoulder that is Ok. You can even stream a video feed of your client if you want. As long as she isn't in the server there are no problems.

If Serendipity wants to go this route and be under Orwellian surveillance and risk getting yourselves banned, that is your choice. I feel confident everyone here will have no problem eliminating you from some number of future Ladles. Also, you do realize this nonsense is ruining the game for everyone including yourself, right? How hard is it to just follow the rules? Is your ego that big? I thought all you cool kids DGAF about Ladle? Seems like you and liz care more than everyone else. Do you really have such little confidence in your team's ability to win that you will cause this much trouble?
Nanu Nanu
Core Dumper

Post by Nanu Nanu »

Ladle Wiki wrote:If a banned player is caught participating in Ladle, a Global Moderator should kick/ban them immediately.
I guess it's somewhat of a grey area due to the word "participating. " Liz won't really be taking part in the ladle if she's just watching, but I think her being on a team and helping her team on teamspeak does mean that she is participating in ladle. There's probably a stronger argument to be made against her being allowed to spectate ladle than there would be for her. Due to this, a Global Moderator would still probably kick/ban her anyway.

Sine makes a good point:
sinewav wrote:There is a reason why her IP is on the banned list, because that's what a ban is. If we were just trying to keep her off the grid we would only shun Vogue by changing her GID access level to 16 (which is also done for sake of completeness).
Even if the server owners don't HAVE to ban her as Gazelle said, aren't they expected to keep their settings up-to-date? If they are keeping their settings up-to-date, then that would include Liz's IP ban. If a player is circumventing an IP ban, regardless of offense or reasoning for doing so, shouldn't they be kicked/banned again?

I'm not sure why people are referring to the rules of ladle as if they belong to sine like "your judicial system," (referring to sine) because sine isn't like the tyrannical dictator of ladle who controls and writes all the rules. Remember, this is a community.
Prema wrote:The second match starts, a new beginning,
Nanu and Prema, Sui and Ninja,
versus those same old hoes grinning.
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Sine I have plenty of confidence in my team's ability to win ladle hence why I am still leading the team and trying to work with this group of guys, but when liz came to me and brought this idea up it ultimately was a good idea because I can't always see what is going on at all times all over the grid, I can only see what is happening at attack. So I am allowing her to do so if she wants, I have no desire to break the rules, But I do have a problem with you threatening to ban me and my members when we aren't going to be doing anything wrong. I believe we planned to stream the ladle for liz so that she could watch, I think that's fair, that way she can watch and isn't in the the server, therefore she isn't breaking any rules.
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

or.... you can use one of your subs for coaching :)
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

Nanu Nanu wrote: I'm not sure why people are referring to the rules of ladle as if they belong to sine like "your judicial system," (referring to sine) because sine isn't like the tyrannical dictator of ladle who controls and writes all the rules. Remember, this is a community.
When one can't argue well one attacks people.