Vogue Ban Discussion

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Locked
User avatar
fingerbib
Core Dumper
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:02 am

Re: Vogue Ban Discussion

Post by fingerbib »

The way you let yourselves be manipulated is astounding.
Gravity wrote:Hahahaha. If the community voted for a 12 month ban originally then why would they even let a troll with a bad reputation like Vogue appeal her ban. She is not sorry, she doesn't care about any of you people so why would any of you want to shorten her ban. This is just hilarious. :lol:
That^ plus everything Sine said.
he said.

Vogue
Match Winner
Posts: 759
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:50 pm

Re: Vogue Ban Discussion

Post by Vogue »

This discussion is over. It would have been wiser to create this topic a few months later (or not at all.) We'll see how the community feels at some point next year, until then you have to understand I'll change my IP to watch my clan play ladle. Thanks for the replies everyone. (:

User avatar
Gazelle
Match Winner
Posts: 651
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:06 am

Re: Vogue Ban Discussion

Post by Gazelle »

I can understand how you feel people are being manipulated however I would have the same argument for anyone else that was given a 12 month ban. It's just so long (lol)

Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 916
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:08 pm

Re: Vogue Ban Discussion

Post by Gonzap »

Maybe you should have thought about that earlier. Sometimes you have to stand by your opinions and defend them and not changing them everyday depending which gazelle wakes up that morning. It's called being consistent.

User avatar
Gazelle
Match Winner
Posts: 651
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:06 am

Re: Vogue Ban Discussion

Post by Gazelle »

LOL! Excuse me? I have stood by my most recent decisions but I have decided to switch my stance on this matter, is that such a problem? I don't think so.. This is the first time I have altered my stance regarding this issue and it will be my last, I feel a lot of us voted purely off the fact that it was Liz and not the actual consequence which yes may warrant a lengthy ban, but not a 12 month ban.

I don't see the necessity to come at a single person instead of actually adding something to this topic, you speak as if you know anything about me lol so please back up.

Snxpflash
Average Program
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:56 am

Re: Vogue Ban Discussion

Post by Snxpflash »

Speaking of being consistent.. Here are my previous and final views on this..

I think we all know, Vogue knows how to be charLizmatic when she needs to be. She also doesnt love being apologetic, hence her rather immature and negative comments when this disciplinary discussion initiated. But, now is that time when we should all be expecting here to try and woo us into changing our minds right? Well.. here is the problem, I sincerely doubt Vogue will do this again assuming the community holds her to a higher level of expectation after this incident. I for 1 enjoy beating and being beaten by the best players in this game, and Vogue is one of them. I believe having her play in ladles and competitions does bring a small additional amount of interest to tournament day that we could all appreciate. Proof? Well, we tolerated her for this reason despite her usual attitude and at times trolling ways. It was not until she made a laughingstock of our Ladle that we decided something needed done about Her. Originally, I felt 6 months was plenty long enough of a ban but I stopped following the flame-war and really only recently realized it was upped to 1 full year. So to stand by my original opinion, 6 months was/is my vote. I'd like to compete against her, plus.. SDP obviously needs her.

User avatar
Pr3
Round Winner
Posts: 356
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:41 pm
Contact:

Re: Vogue Ban Discussion

Post by Pr3 »

Vogue wrote:This discussion is over.
I agree, before this thread turns into a flame war. :/

Oparachukwu
Average Program
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:15 am

Re: Vogue Ban Discussion

Post by Oparachukwu »

if vogue got caught playing for sdp, would like the entire clan be suspended from ladle? i think she can get pass the ban easily. all she has to do is change her ip and then take one of her clanmates forums account and simply play.
Karma wrote:Opara : Joined dL in the middle of 2011 , Left in the beginning of 2012 , Clan less atm
More info : started out as a trainee. Then got way better. Somehow He is really good at fort lol
Image

Snxpflash
Average Program
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:56 am

Re: Vogue Ban Discussion

Post by Snxpflash »

Oparachukwu wrote:if vogue got caught playing for sdp, would like the entire clan be suspended from ladle? i think she can get pass the ban easily. all she has to do is change her ip and then take one of her clanmates forums account and simply play.
Actually I was going to edit my last post but this is inline with what I was going to say..

Yes, i believe 6 months is a decent ban time. However, I believe it should be an extensive ban nonetheless. She should not be allowed to so much as JOIN any active ladle team until her ban us up. Period. No active ladle team should be allow to accept her. If she Changed her IP and plays for someone, then that team will be subject to heavy discipline as well and her Ban term being extended. The best thing for vogue to do, is simple accept the discipline and be cordial about it. What is done is done, and just like any disciplinary sentence, with good behavior can bring reduced sentencing.

Vogue
Match Winner
Posts: 759
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:50 pm

Re: Vogue Ban Discussion

Post by Vogue »

I've made it clear that I won't play with SDP, I'll only use a proxy to view the matches as I'll be on TS with them. Nowhere in the rules or ban was stated that I can't spectate.

User avatar
TheNate
On Lightcycle Grid
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:34 pm

Re: Vogue Ban Discussion

Post by TheNate »

people, 3 months're actually enough or not? We are all here to have fun at the game. It is not just that we have such a player abound. So everyone makes errors or not?
Image

User avatar
sinewav
Graphic Artist
Posts: 6297
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:37 am
Contact:

Re: Vogue Ban Discussion

Post by sinewav »

TheNate wrote:So everyone makes errors or not?
There is a difference between making an error and being defiant while deliberately causing trouble. I don't see any reason to support a perpetual troublemaker, regardless of how talented or charismatic they might be. There are plenty of excellent players in the game, literally dozens.

Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 916
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:08 pm

Re: Vogue Ban Discussion

Post by Gonzap »

Gazelle wrote:LOL! Excuse me? I have stood by my most recent decisions but I have decided to switch my stance on this matter, is that such a problem? I don't think so.. This is the first time I have altered my stance regarding this issue and it will be my last, I feel a lot of us voted purely off the fact that it was Liz and not the actual consequence which yes may warrant a lengthy ban, but not a 12 month ban.

I don't see the necessity to come at a single person instead of actually adding something to this topic, you speak as if you know anything about me lol so please back up.
I know you pretty well though, it's not like it's hard to figure out your personality.

Also you're are assuming most of us voted based on personal grudges against her, but the truth is, only some people, mostly teenagers, have come here to say they regret their vote. Well son, you should've thought about that earlier, there's no appealing process as of now and there won't be as long as:

1. She sincerely apologizes (I wouldn't believe it anyway).
2. At least half of the sentence was executed (sounds reasonable?).
3. A vote happens accepting an appealing process.

If you look through the topic mostly sdp's members and young members of the community have come here to defend her. I get it, you're new to this world/to dealing with Liz. She might be nice sometimes, and yeah she's a girl (WOOOOW A GIRL GAMER[I'm a siren!]), but boys, she will shit on your relatioship as soon as she gets tired of you. Happened a thousand times, will happen to you.

User avatar
Gazelle
Match Winner
Posts: 651
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:06 am

Re: Vogue Ban Discussion

Post by Gazelle »

Understandable Zap, but it has nothing to do with the fact that she is a girl (is this even confirmed yet? :P ) I mean it's the internet I don't get all riled up because there is a female gamer.

We all have our opinions, I think you have some skewed up vision of me and that's fine.. I think maybe if you actually took the time to have a decent conversation with me you might come to find out that I am just forgiving and give people too many chances, whether it comes back to bite me in the ass or not. I can't attest to the stupid shit I've done in the past but I was extremely immature and pretty sure that I've grown up since then, but that's for others to decide, right? I can see your point and can understand your outlook on the situation but I still don't think it warrants the insults said to me, I've done nothing but express my opinion on the matter like everyone else, I don't see you calling the others out who defended the ban.

Vogue
Match Winner
Posts: 759
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:50 pm

Re: Vogue Ban Discussion

Post by Vogue »

Guys, before this discussion takes an even more sexist tone- it's time to end it. The year ban is justified as majority agrees with it. Don't miss me too much. :D

Locked