WST 15 - September 28

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

kite
Average Program

Re: WST 15 - September 28

Post by kite »

Magi wrote:Just for future reference, I think we should have a schedule for sumo tournaments for the year, I've thought of two plausible schedules:
January: SBT, February: TST, March: WST, April: Break month, May: SBT, June: TST, July: WST, August: Break month, September: SBT, October: TST, November: WST: December Break month

or

January SBT, February: Break, March: TST, April: Break, May: WST, June: Break, July: SBT, August: Break, September: TST, October: Break, November: WST, December: Break

This way we would get 2-3 SBT, TST and WSTs a year, that's 6 to 9 sumo tournaments a year, 6 is more than enough I think. It would also leave months open for other tournaments like the CTWF and any other events like 1v1 Sumo or Single bind, things that are held less often and aren't as common. Just a suggestion that I think would make tournament planning smoother and easier for people to remember what's coming up

I'd like to point out that the TST and the Shovel are not the same thing. I'm pretty sure we've had this discussion before.
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Okay so this is a week away, let's try to avoid last second scrambling for servers, can anyone lend servers for this tournament?
Cadillac_
Average Program

Post by Cadillac_ »

I'll be putting one up, courtesy of taz's VPS, and I'll see if I can get at least one of my VPSs up by then also :)
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Cadillac_ wrote:I'll be putting one up, courtesy of taz's VPS, and I'll see if I can get at least one of my VPSs up by then also :)

Thanks man, much appreciated!
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

cool, now if the other server owners help out that'd be neato
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

I can put up one server, or two if you desperately need them. I finally resolved the issue that showed up with my server in the Ladle. It was showing other errors. I contacted the hosting company and it turned out that the motherboard of the server was going bad. So, my VPS is now on a new server. Thus far with some testing, it seems to hold up well. If you want to get more server donations, I would highly recommend that somebody just pm all the server owners of Ladle servers. They may not see this topic, but they might be more likely to see a PM.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

Considering the amount of teams probably signing up, I would recommend a typical ladle start time (1:45 EST), because it'll be easier to keep track of.

I'm also not sure if the GMT is correct on these brackets.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

if the configs are up in a reasonable time I can host CT USA and CT LIV, Also if you PM me the auth configs I can host them as well.
Renegade
Core Dumper

Post by Renegade »

I'll put one up an eu server. I hope more teams sign up :mrgreen:
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

So by the looks of it we need about 4 servers atm.. Unless more teams sign up..
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

Why haven't servers been signed up yet on the wiki? I know owners look at this subforum. The tournament is this sunday! I know tron is dead and all, but please add some. ~_~
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Rits said he had one, kyle said he could throw two up and renegade had one... any chance you guys can please have those up before sunday?
compguygene

Post by compguygene »

Vogue wrote:Why haven't servers been signed up yet on the wiki? I know owners look at this subforum. The tournament is this sunday! I know tron is dead and all, but please add some. ~_~
I will add two. One likely reason none are signed up is simple. No auth file yet. I prefer to do the whole process of signing up and putting up a server at once and not have to go back and fix it after the fact. Once the auth file is up I will put up two servers.
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Someone that knows how to do thst can you please? I unfortunately don't and luck is gone again (I think)
compguygene

Post by compguygene »

Ok, I put up the authorities file. It's listed on the wiki. I will put up and list my two servers later today, I am rather busy at the moment. Just so you know, the day of the WST, they will be the only two servers running on my VPS. I will shut the other servers off so they perform well.

EDIT: I just checked the authority file that sinewav's tournament authority generator made and it is not good. I will fix it later and re-post.