Ladle 84

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Magi
Match Winner

Re: Ladle 84

Post by Magi »

it certainly shouldn't count, she played. She bypassed her ban, and then taunts it over the community with her post. She'll just keep breaking rules now because to her it's fun. A person breaks the rules one tournament, and gets a small ban considering how long most people wanted it for. Then that person ignores that 'punishment' and you think we should say "meh whatever they didn't play good so it doesn't matter". If we want any sort of punishment system this needs to be looked into and as a community we need to make a decision.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye

Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

GZ eggs and ham.

0 loki's server.
Playing since December 2006

compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

I would just like to take a moment to apologize on behalf of the Wild West Clan to the Community for our Ladle Team having clearly allowed a banned player, Vogue, to play for us in Ladle 84. I was not present at Ladle 84, so I cannot at this time comment on specifically what happened. I have posted on our member only forums to find out. I will post back here as soon as I can forward more specific information.
Since this took place in CT LIV I would ask that Kyle look in the server logs just to verify that this took place.
I would also ask that somebody in the community step up and start a PM trial, once the evidence is gathered. Since I am a member of the Clan involved
Armagetron wiki wrote:Allowing a banned person to play with you will likely send your entire team to trial, so don't do it!
it would be inappropriate for me to do so.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm

Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Recordings. A bit bumpy, my home network is acting up lately. There were connection losses during the semis and quarters. If not marked otherwise, the quarter recordings are the second half, the missing first half is in the opening round recording on the same server.

final_ctliv_rt_vs_xnm.aarec 57204kb 5000s

semi_ctliv_abc_vs_xnm.aarec 46312kb 4859s
semi_del_cta_vs_rt.aarec 24080kb 3127s

I think some people switched over to G5 and I was not able to catch them in time.
quarter_ctusa_cta_vs_seren_1.aarec 38952kb 4674s
quarter_ctusa_cta_vs_seren_2.aarec 5604kb 944s
quarter_del_rt_vs_sh.aarec 26820kb 3097s

theo
Round Winner

Post by theo »

Thank you for the recordings as usual Z-man.

Gms ascension and R. Gz egg & ham.

Deli -1. While it was better than I expected, it had occasional spikes. And on some rounds half of the team was dead after 1s. Oddly enough it seems to be more stable for US players than EU.

Oh and also the auth configuration wasn't up to date. Probably an old config from ladle 83 or previous.
Gonzap wrote:So liz wasn't actually banned from any ladle server? what a punishment!

As I said, the GID part wasn't right. Only the IP ban was effective, but it's easy to bypass. We'll need kylie for more information.

compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

I have just finished fully reviewing the recording opening_ctliv_ww_vs_spd that z-man posted. And I have asked my fellow clan members what happened, so I can share it here. Basically, none of us realized that Capone, who started this game as Shock, did not own the account [email protected] Based on the screenshots that I am going to provide you from the recording, that you can verify for yourself how Wild West was duped into this.
At the beginning of the game, Capone came in and logged in as [email protected]
At about 2120 on the recording, Capone changed his name to Vogue and logged in as [email protected]
http://i.imgur.com/klPxGR9.png
http://i.imgur.com/SIeiFAV.png

Then Liz pointed out that everyone should look at her ping. She had to use an Aussie VPN to play.
http://i.imgur.com/Mqyxg2r.png
Cadillac, one of the two Wild West Team Leaders then proceeded to kick Liz from the team and subbed in someone else to play.
http://i.imgur.com/lD6GeXr.png

Sorry for making the screenshots links, but the forums here limit images to 750px wide and I didn't want to have to redo them or shrink them.
I think that this clearly shows what Liz did to fool the Wild West team into allowing her to play. It also shows what Wild West did in response once they knew what was going on.
Obviously, it's pretty impossible to completely ban somebody from the Ladle, as we all already knew. But, I would imagine that it makes it a lot less fun to play through a VPN. From now on we should all be watching pings of our mates to see if they are abnormally high, and for other signs of impostering. Of course, if the imposter is determined enough, they may continue to flaunt their ability to beat the rules.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm

orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

it was obvious u cant fully ban through the ip, I was about to post but Magi already posted the choise i think its best.

kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

Basically what compguy mentioned via screenshots is consistent with the logs on liv. The IP address used appears to be us based, but that is not always accurate.
PLAYER_RENAMED -`wwcapone [email protected] 173.245.67.241 _-`WwCapone
PLAYER_RENAMED [email protected] [email protected] 173.245.67.241 Vogue

Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

compguygene wrote:I have just finished fully reviewing the recording opening_ctliv_ww_vs_spd that z-man posted. And I have asked my fellow clan members what happened, so I can share it here. Basically, none of us realized that Capone, who started this game as Shock, did not own the account [email protected] Based on the screenshots that I am going to provide you from the recording, that you can verify for yourself how Wild West was duped into this.
At the beginning of the game, Capone came in and logged in as [email protected]
At about 2120 on the recording, Capone changed his name to Vogue and logged in as [email protected]
http://i.imgur.com/klPxGR9.png
http://i.imgur.com/SIeiFAV.png

Then Liz pointed out that everyone should look at her ping. She had to use an Aussie VPN to play.
http://i.imgur.com/Mqyxg2r.png
Cadillac, one of the two Wild West Team Leaders then proceeded to kick Liz from the team and subbed in someone else to play.
http://i.imgur.com/lD6GeXr.png

Sorry for making the screenshots links, but the forums here limit images to 750px wide and I didn't want to have to redo them or shrink them.
I think that this clearly shows what Liz did to fool the Wild West team into allowing her to play. It also shows what Wild West did in response once they knew what was going on.
Obviously, it's pretty impossible to completely ban somebody from the Ladle, as we all already knew. But, I would imagine that it makes it a lot less fun to play through a VPN. From now on we should all be watching pings of our mates to see if they are abnormally high, and for other signs of impostering. Of course, if the imposter is determined enough, they may continue to flaunt their ability to beat the rules.
In response to this (not sure if it was mentioned before or not), teams should keep track of "official" logins for their teammates. R has a list of our clan's logins in case someone has an impostor. Not to mention we use a VoIP service, which clarifies who we are anyway. If not that, then teams should attempt to have code words, potentially phrases, that they say in order to determine whether or not this person is actually who they say they are. That itself doesn't even mention pings and has two or three layers of protection to get through. And didn't she log in as [email protected]? I thought he usually logged in as Shock, or Ww Capone or something? It has been awhile since I've seen him, but it seems like something that could have easily been protected against.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.

takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

Way too much attention given to her...

I just don't understand why she has not been kicked as soon as people seen she was there. Instead people talk to her, laugh and feed her of attention.

Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

Anyway, somebody that fully understand the method should start a new trial. I'd do it but i'm on vacation and I have limited time.

Venijn
Round Winner

Post by Venijn »

I have to say, this is one of the saddest things I've ever seen.
Click. Image

Shock
Core Dumper

Post by Shock »

Yo, literally Al Capone here. Thanks for hosting the tourney. I thought I would chime into the, you know, thing. I do not plan on pressing charges (just a joke). Do your tourney rules trial thing by all means, but there is no bad blood. WD to winners and to Cadi for dealing with that.

Nanu Nanu
Core Dumper

Post by Nanu Nanu »

Ladle 84 stats
Attachments
ladle_stats_84.xls
(54 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
Prema wrote:The second match starts, a new beginning,
Nanu and Prema, Sui and Ninja,
versus those same old hoes grinning.