Sumo Bar Tournament 8 - Servers Needed!

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

kite
Average Program

Re: Sumo Bar Tournament 8 - Sign-ups open!

Post by kite »

Servers are needed. I'm not going to post the brackets until we've got enough to hold the tourney. If there aren't enough donated by this evening (CST) I'll open discussion regarding postponing the tournament until a more convenient date.

Thanks for your patience.
theo
Round Winner

Re: Sumo Bar Tournament 8 - Servers Needed!

Post by theo »

How many more do you need?
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

kite wrote:Servers are needed. I'm not going to post the brackets until we've got enough to hold the tourney. If there aren't enough donated by this evening (CST) I'll open discussion regarding postponing the tournament until a more convenient date.

No need to postpone we have plenty of servers available (usually).. If i am correct every time we are in dire need of servers people come through the day of the tournament! :P
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

kite wrote:Servers are needed. I'm not going to post the brackets until we've got enough to hold the tourney. If there aren't enough donated by this evening (CST) I'll open discussion regarding postponing the tournament until a more convenient date.

The tournament has been planned a month in advance. If the servers aren't there then you have to settle for what we do have and hold it then. People have made time out of there day to play on the assigned date, so no matter what the show will go on.

Do the brackets and let us worry about the servers afterward.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
bilbo baggins
Round Winner

Post by bilbo baggins »

voodoo cannot sort them because hes away but if you can get in touch with kyle on IRC CT have 3 servers for use.
wap
Round Winner

Post by wap »

Kyle will most likely put them up in a few hours. We should have eight servers then, but we need to check if they're all actually up.
Soul
Match Winner

Post by Soul »

Rd fort is being added soon (US)
wap
Round Winner

Post by wap »

Cool, then we have seven servers on paper, which should be enough. Hopefully the CT servers will be added too, to make it all a little easier, but it should be doable now.
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

Once settings are up I have CT USA, CT LIV, and KYLE NYC (new VPS from same provider as CT USA only located in New York city instead of Atlanta, GA)
Just waiting on auth settings
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

Can we clarify starting time? 2pm EDT sounds like the fair time to me (basing this off of wap's times), and in the future we should try to have all tournaments start at what normal ladle time would be. Consistency would be our best friend in that regards.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

Overrated wrote:Can we clarify starting time? 2pm EDT sounds like the fair time to me (basing this off of wap's times), and in the future we should try to have all tournaments start at what normal ladle time would be. Consistency would be our best friend in that regards.
ladle time should be the starting time for all the tournaments indeed.
theo
Round Winner

Post by theo »

Agree.

On a side note, using a specific timezone other than UTC as a reference is just rude (people have to convert to UTC and from UTC to their own timezone).
wap
Round Winner

Post by wap »

Overrated wrote:Can we clarify starting time? 2pm EDT sounds like the fair time to me (basing this off of wap's times), and in the future we should try to have all tournaments start at what normal ladle time would be. Consistency would be our best friend in that regards.
What's unclear about it?

I've changed the starting times correctly; it all starts 15 minutes later than the usual ladle times, but this has been the case since forever, I think?

EDIT: Thx Kyle :D
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

wap wrote:
What's unclear about it?

I've changed the starting times correctly; it all starts 15 minutes later than the usual ladle times, but this has been the case since forever, I think?

EDIT: Thx Kyle :D
SBT Wiki wrote:Players have to be in their server at 1:00 EST/EDT sharp for the first round.
That is the only confusion.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

wap
Round Winner

Post by wap »

Correct times can be found on the first page of this thread.

Brackets are also up, thanks to Theo and Over.

The servers will be allocated soon, and if not, I'll do them tomorrow.

Hope I can be there tomorrow. :) HF!