Ladle 83

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Snxpflash
Average Program

Re: Ladle 83

Post by Snxpflash »

I went to see what was Trending on Google.. and this thread showed up xD
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

inb4 new clan with Liz, mr & vein.
Cadillac_
Average Program

Post by Cadillac_ »

Mad Liz wrote:Ban me from ladle for a lifetime for all I care, IDGAF.
Rly Mad Liz wrote:Stop crying and follow the procedure.
[Insert well-that-escalated-quickly-meme here.]

Best post award goes to............. Sine!
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

theo wrote:Unless I missed something, there is no heavy punishment.

What's the worst sanction? 3 warnings = one ladle ban. It's not really an appropriate response for a repeated offender.
As sinewav hinted to there are actually other violations that have been found. Another rule was broken potentially by 3 players, however the rule may be slightly unclear as to who the blame shall fall on, or if it is something that just needs to be changed completely. More details will come in a separate thread. (note: I still have not fully looked into it yet)
Oparachukwu
Average Program

Post by Oparachukwu »

Well for a fact she can easily be back in pickup. Because a few days ago, when she was still in Acceleration, she asked someone to sign up for her. Banning her from pickup? That's impossible. For a few days after I joined Acceleration, I thought she had changed. I know, I was bugging. She probably had the same nice attitude towards all the clans/teams, but lurking deep inside her is a deceiver. However, I don't really think she can be banned forever. I don't think that will be the conclusion because maybe for once she may:
a) Quit tron.
b) Be given a lighter punishment.
c) Deceive the entire Armagetron community under a new name, IP address, and attitude.

My guess is that she'll reveal her identity to a select group of people and just start out as a noob. It's not that difficult because Armagetron receives numerous players every month. Though if we don't give a punishment, it'll make our community look weak and have no sort of power. She's up against a lot of people, and I'm pretty sure we can make a huge difference quickly. She talks about loyalty and ridicules other players who have had trouble fitting in with the right clan. She joins Acceleration, making us believe that she will be with us for a long time and that she would help build our team. It's just despicable. She starts fruitless arguments and thinks we're idiots. I believe that she is just a splinter on the community. It stings and hurts you for a little while, but always in the end, it can be removed. Our finger will heal and the splinter will be gone forever. I feel that should be the end result for Vogue.
Karma wrote:Opara : Joined dL in the middle of 2011 , Left in the beginning of 2012 , Clan less atm
More info : started out as a trainee. Then got way better. Somehow He is really good at fort lol
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Oparachukwu wrote:Well for a fact she can easily be back in pickup. Because a few days ago, when she was still in Acceleration, she asked someone to sign up for her. Banning her from pickup? That's impossible. For a few days after I joined Acceleration, I thought she had changed. I know, I was bugging. She probably had the same nice attitude towards all the clans/teams, but lurking deep inside her is a deceiver. However, I don't really think she can be banned forever. I don't think that will be the conclusion because maybe for once she may:
a) Quit tron.
b) Be given a lighter punishment.
c) Deceive the entire Armagetron community under a new name, IP address, and attitude.

My guess is that she'll reveal her identity to a select group of people and just start out as a noob. It's not that difficult because Armagetron receives numerous players every month. Though if we don't give a punishment, it'll make our community look weak and have no sort of power. She's up against a lot of people, and I'm pretty sure we can make a huge difference quickly. She talks about loyalty and ridicules other players who have had trouble fitting in with the right clan. She joins Acceleration, making us believe that she will be with us for a long time and that she would help build our team. It's just despicable. She starts fruitless arguments and thinks we're idiots. I believe that she is just a splinter on the community. It stings and hurts you for a little while, but always in the end, it can be removed. Our finger will heal and the splinter will be gone forever. I feel that should be the end result for Vogue.

Holy Shit.. +1, Well said my friend :)
owned
Shutout Match Winner

Post by owned »

sinewav wrote:The penalty section is good, it just needs a simplified overview. I'll try and write one up. Basically, PM's go to both Team Leaders and Server Owners asking, based on whatever evidence is available, if some person(s) is deserving of punishment. Note: this system is for both written rules and those gray areas where rules are unclear. If the TL/SO decides yes someone is deserving of punishment, they should respond with how severe the punishment should be based on a scale from 1-3. After all warnings are totaled the punishment is handed out. It can be light (verbally saying "don't do it again") or heavy (Ladle ban for a few months).

TL;DR: If guilty, how much punishment (light, medium, heavy)?
It makes sense to just let each team vote on how many ladles they think the player should be banned for. Then we take the median.

A warning system that carries over ladles is overly complicated and ineffective.
Cadillac_
Average Program

Post by Cadillac_ »

I think the mean would be better :o
THEred
Core Dumper

Post by THEred »

don't we always use the mode when voting?
red
Nanu Nanu
Core Dumper

Post by Nanu Nanu »

THEred wrote:don't we always use the mode when voting?
Perhaps we should just square it instead
Prema wrote:The second match starts, a new beginning,
Nanu and Prema, Sui and Ninja,
versus those same old hoes grinning.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Ok I'm tired of this crap. I don't care what any of you do, but I have just issued a 60 day ban of any IPs associated with Mister, Vein, and Vogue on the AoT tournament servers. This is because I can, and this is because I think it is deserved. I don't need a committee or a vote. Other server owners are free to follow my lead. Of course, this really amounts to a minor inconvenience for these three, but whatever. It's what I did, so deal.
Oparachukwu
Average Program

Post by Oparachukwu »

Sinewav you're so commanding. :) Yeah, it took a long time to decide so whatever.
Karma wrote:Opara : Joined dL in the middle of 2011 , Left in the beginning of 2012 , Clan less atm
More info : started out as a trainee. Then got way better. Somehow He is really good at fort lol
misterplayer
Average Program

Post by misterplayer »

Everyone go see Lucy, out in cinemas on the 25th of July in the U.S!
Last edited by misterplayer on Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

So you'll be withdrawing those servers from ladle use then?
pike
Round Winner

Post by pike »

Putting my two cents in. I get the impression that some people want to ban Liz for being Liz, not for her impersonating Vein. She broke a Ladle rule and the community should respond in one way or another, but don't forget that a proper punishment should be always adequate to the scale of the offense.

The banning procedure looks ridiculously complicated to me and I have to deal with bureaucracy every day :P Get TLs (and SOs) together and decide what the punishment should be. It's not like there are thousands of people involved.
Magi wrote:As for Liz, since there is no real way of banning these days with being able to change your IP on a whim, the easiest thing to do would be to have everyone acknowledge that she is banned from ladle. Any team that decides to have her play on their team will be disqualified from that ladle and potentially be disallowed to play from the next ladle, depending on what the circumstances are. It's harder to ban one person from playing, but when other people start not being able to play because of her, she'll soon lose the ability to find a team that is willing to let her join them.
+1
Sounds like only doable and effective punishment to me, I would only increase the possible disqualification for team that breaks the ban, at least 2 or 3 times of the banned player's punishment, just to scare off anyone with stupid ideas.