Ladle 83

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

takburger
Match Winner

Re: Ladle 83

Post by takburger »

Tadd wrote:I don't really want to steal Deso but do you rreally need him with all your subs tak? I feel so lonely...
Cmon', you're stealing Soul from our roster !!! plus some of our subs may not show up.

The best would be to talk about it over IRC when theo is there also so we can see and organize and warn the players. The best is to have the maximum number of teams :)
Tadd
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Tadd »

Hope I'm not spamming: To our/my ladle team several names have been added but not everyone is 100% sure if he can make it or some have a bad connection. So you can still feel free to ask and join us. :)

Deso: It's up to you on which team you want to play. I don't want to decide over your head. :)

p.s.: I love you (your turn sinking hostiles)
Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Desolate »

Tadd wrote: p.s.: I love you (your turn sinking hostiles)
Hmm Tadd makes a very compelling argument I think I'll choose him :D
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

BRACKETS

:!: Be sure to rate your servers after you get done playing.

:stubble: GL; HF
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

GGs >>, GZ R.

CT USA +1

Another thing:

"Sh" or whatever it is called on every competition was a for the lulz kind of Open Team we set for several past competitions with theo.

We seen in our roster the good individuals we thank for showing up (I may forgot some, sorry for that):
bilbo, karas, modis, vov, amico, lolcat, arcueid, box, 16,plee, mister, vein, 3B, roter, coco, ninja, force, (opara?), stax, theo and me.

We had also many players who answered yes and never showed up, like this time we got out of subs (thanks stax for being there and ninja for subbing when I had to leave).

For theo and me, this is where that open team ends. We should continue and try to keep our CTWF title, and participate to CTF under that name though.

And of course we continue to play fort.
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Gms, exe and abc.

Gz R

AOT NY +1
Last edited by Gazelle on Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

I'm very sad to see my old clan, Exentric, fall to Serenderpity. I guess Ogo wasn't the carry I thought he was, and I was a little more important than they thought. :D

GGs Sh & was a fun ladle so far!
Tadd
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Tadd »

GM's ID and abc.

Thx for playing with me, was fun.

AOT UK +1
Nagi
Core Dumper

Post by Nagi »

gms, gg ID, abc!

thx for the opportunity tadd :D

AoT UK +1
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Vogue wrote:Serenderpity.
Attachments
Serenderp.jpg
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Thanks to all above for rating servers. Those posting below, please continue to do so.

I have 2 comments; 1 suggestion and 1 complaint.

My complaint is that teams are becoming increasingly lazy when it comes to adding scores to the brackets. I personally updated about 5 matches today. While this responsibility is technically not defined in the rules, it has traditionally been the Team Leaders who record the scores as they move themselves toward the finals. Ladle Enthusiasts like myself sometimes pick up the slack but should not be relied on. So please, everyone, make an effort to edit the brackets as you advance.

My suggestion is for server administrators and is related to feedback scores. I have decided to add a round_console_message to AoT servers stating the server name with a helpful reminder for players to post server feedback. The more data we have, the more accurate the score and the more stability we have.

Code: Select all

ROUND_CONSOLE_MESSAGE 0x7fff7fLadle 83 0xff7f7f(0x7f7fffPlayer 1's Server0xff7f7f)\n0x999999Please remember to rate your servers.
If we can agree, the lines above would be both helpful and easy to add to the server configuration (not the ladle.cfg). We might even use that space for special announcements in the future if needed.

Good matches everyone!
Attachments
ladle-round-console-msg.png
Last edited by sinewav on Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
theo
Round Winner

Post by theo »

gms acc & R. GZ R. It was a pleasure to be rapped by you again.

As tak said, Sh ladle time is probably over.

I'd like to thank everyone that was with us during this journey. There were some fun times.

See you next month during CTWF #5 ;)

@sine: I'll use it on my server if I remember.

CT USA +1
Core Dumper

Post by *16 »

CT USA +1
vov
Match Winner

Post by vov »

Nice matches everyone, well played.

CT USA +1: Was fine for me till my connction fuxed up on my side of the nets and it even took the load in the finals fine. Not sure about the black screens stuff for some players though.
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

+1 CT USA, played in it all day and it was perfect, few disappearing lines in the final but that's to be expected with 45 spectators.

Not that it matters but the delinquent's server was a little laggy when abc and R had a warmup match in our bye round.

Gms Sh, CT and abc

Edit: oh ya forgot about the blackscreen thing vov mentioned above, I think that needs to be looked into, it happens all the time in CTF and I've been seeing it happen more recently in ladle servers.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye