Ladle 82

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Cadillac_
Average Program

Re: Ladle 82

Post by Cadillac_ »

Ww games and ID vs Pluto done
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

Congratulations abc, I wish you would have gotten it done sooner and not 50 minutes later than the time set.
Shock
Core Dumper

Post by Shock »

Good matches. Thank you for hosting! A lot of people had good jokes today. Congrats, winners.
asdfasdf
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by asdfasdf »

Congratz ABC! I wish I could have been there for our matches against you guys -- although I'm sure it wouldn't have changed the result.

Also, gm's ID. Our matches were you were intense and our comeback (down 60-8, and later 98-86) in the second one is one I won't soon forget.
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

Gm's CT been a while
The delay was down to ID vs WW
Shame about the server kerfuffle, maybe an opportunity for alternative systems to be suggested. CT LIV wasn't that great for a euro server but no complaints from me, just usual thanks to contributors
rev
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by rev »

So yeh Light's -1 even tho Light has already given an explanation a page earlier.
Had some fun matches (ty Ascension, RD, and CT). Would've been great if we had made the finals vs abc, nonetheless gz to those guys for winning immediately.
Up to an even more fun ladle in 5 weeks from now!
-*inS*-
Round Winner

Post by -*inS*- »

Hi, I'd like to apologize for what happened. CT was correct that they didn't have to move if they didn't want to (I know this same situation happened a few years ago as well between CT and R). But for the record CT LIV is absolute shit for Americans. I'm sorry none of the other EU servers worked for you guys, but I think we can determine Adriaan's issue is his own problem and not any server side issue. Additionally Mahmoud needs to look into his issue with connecting to other servers, that could be a large problem if you guys ever need to play in AOT UK.

In the finals I experienced some weird lags that even caused me to go up my own center on occasion. I knew this would happen because:
1. abc had played there earlier and it was bad
2. last ladle the server was so bad i had to sub out.

This was especially frustrating because CT knew about this due to 3 of them being on my team last ladle. We viewed your refusal to try anything (AOT UK, Theo's, Delinquent's, Zman's) completely bad mannered and against the spirit of competition. We would never expect you to move to NA where we (mainly american) would hold a significant advantage over you (nearly all euro). We just felt that us saying a server was trash was enough to for you to agree to move. In fact that's exactly what happened between us and ww, we told them CT liv sucks, let's move to AOT UK? And we did. I'm not sure what was the motivating factor behind the refusal to try anything (it's all just conjecture atm) but I know you guys didn't play in Zman's or delinquent's even if Mahmoud couldn't connect to AOT UK. But again you did nothing against the rules by refusing to move, that is your right in the current system.

Anyways I'm willing to forgive & forget all the trash that was talked. I understand that in the heat of battle emotions can get the best of us. I said some things I didn't necessarily mean, and I'm sure others did as well. No hard feelings CT, although I would like to figure a better way of resolving this should the situation repeat itself.

CT LIV -1
Core Dumper

Post by *16 »

semi_aotuk_ww_vs_abc
semi_light_exe_vs_ct

final_ctliv_ct_vs_abc

The semi between exe and ct isn't the complete match because I got kicked by the server. So it crashes somewhere at the end.

The final recording didn't compress for some reason (altho it should have). So I compressed it myself but to a .zip , you will need to unzip it to play it.

Hope they are all good.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

Thanks for recording while Z-Man was gone, 16.
Venijn
Round Winner

Post by Venijn »

Vogue wrote:Thanks for recording while Z-Man was gone, 16.
Click. Image
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

Alright I will make my last post here because I'll say everything I want to say and nothing more. First, thanks 16 for the recordings, it's nice that there's always somebody to pick it up when others can't do it. Second, I'd like to apologize as well, not only for me particularly but also for the rest of my teammates.

But I want you to think and place yourselves into our situation. We had a really tough brackets, we managed to pull through to finals and we had a really good momentum at that time, we felt we could make it no matter who was our opponents, we were motivated and we wanted to get it done as fast as possible. When we joined the finals server nobody was there and we figured you guys would still be playing and we joined to warm up until you came.

Approximately 10 minutes after we joined the server mr came telling us that we are not going to play here, that the server is trash and that we are going to move to aot uk. That's not a suggestion, there wasn't even an intention of discussion, it was an order, we had to move and we had to do it now. Also, as you said insa, MB is unable of staying in aot for more than 2 or 3 minutes for an unknown reason and the other servers were also bad for us, not gonna explain one by one because I did a few times yesterday and I simply don't want to. At this point, when we refused to move without even testing the server you guys should've came, not only you and mister insa, all of you.

Time kept going on and nobody but you hoax and mister were present, we explained you the situation but your team still didn't come. Then somebody said that blondie "refuses to come" and that he will "give us a 20 point lead" if we moved to the server he wanted to play in. That's not only outside the rules but it's also insultive for a competitive team like CT. We would never accept that and you damn well know it insa. That's why I was really upset that you personally supported that idea, knowing me and wap and the rest of the team. So at that point I was annoyed, my team was annoyed and the waiting was prolonged up to almost an hour. Even if the server was indeed trash (it was, no need to deny it) I was not going to allow any switching, because you guys didn't approach us the right way. That's not how things are done.

This being said, you won in a convincing way, we were unfocused because of all the pre-game heat and we were definitely not warmed up anymore. The server was bad for at least 3 of our members and we couldn't keep up. But that's no excuse, we lost and we congratulate you for your victory, it was well deserved.

Again, sorry about what I said yesterday in game, we're all hot blooded people and we can say things that we might regret later, and we do regret some of them and that's why we apologize.

PS: CT LIV, theo's and light's -1, also gms to exe, rogue and unk, specially unk it was an honour to play against you in your last ladle.
ogo
Average Program

Post by ogo »

GGs, well deserved CT you played well against us

-1 Lights. It was good during Rd but was rubbish vs. CT

This character is what I imagine Gonzap is like in real life
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

Fun ladle overall, nice playing with you `Ww guys!

CT LIV -1*

Guys, you should really vote unless your opinion is neutral about the server. If it's good, upvote so it gets used in semis and finals. If it's terrible, downvote it so we don't have to use LIV for the finals ^^

*I didn't play there myself this ladle, but I put that vote in for someone who suffered from it but still didn't vote. Dunno if valid, but worth a shot.
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Isnt it a rule, that if both captains do not agree to switch servers then the Original server posted on the brackets is the one that would be used? In this case CT LIV?

So wouldn't ABC just been disqualified and CT granted the win? I dont see why it even got to the 10-20 min mark.. Or any of this went down.. If they refuse to play in the server then that is there problem they can concede and move on.