Ladle 82

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

misterplayer
Average Program

Re: Ladle 82

Post by misterplayer »

Gg's everyone- was a fun ladle.

CT LIV -1

CT AOT UK +1

Gaz? What are you talking about? Are you saying we shouldn't get the "victory"? We eventually came to a conclusion that we would play in CT LIV, it just took us awhile to get there.

Anyway, thats over now and all that matters is that we had some good matches.
algid
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by algid »

Gazelle wrote:Isnt it a rule, that if both captains do not agree to switch servers then the Original server posted on the brackets is the one that would be used? In this case CT LIV?

So wouldn't ABC just been disqualified and CT granted the win? I dont see why it even got to the 10-20 min mark.. Or any of this went down.. If they refuse to play in the server then that is there problem they can concede and move on.
Someone doesn't like his abc's

Anyways, sorry for taking so long to switch servers. It was just that nearly all of us had server stability issues, mine to the point where I couldn't play at all in the finals. I can see how the server scuffle messed up your mentality and the momentum you guys had going. Apologies.

GGs all around

CT AOT UK +1
CT LIV -1
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Not at all what im saying, and in fact, I have nothing against this ABC team of yours :)

But what I am saying that if we followed the rules correctly, you guys technically should've been disqualified.. In no way shape or form did I say that you should lose your "victory"

You guys won it, you ended up playing, only after delaying the final for several minutes in order to get a desired result.
Nub
Average Program

Post by Nub »

ABC played really strong and we didn't play well enough to beat them. It's that simple. As a general note, if a server is shitty for one team, it is more often than not equally shitty for the other. CT was just playing by the rules, trying to make the best possible match in the server that was assigned via statistical evidence and the pre-determined brackets. I'm disappointed we lost, but I'm mostly upset about how ABC team leaders behaved.

If things were different, if the match started on time, if there wasn't so much drama getting ABC to even play in the first place, there would have probably been better reception to open communication between the team leaders and a server swap would have been far less difficult. As best as I can remember, teams have always met in the server they are expected to play in, spend some time warming up, setting the lines, then both captains agree to start the match. Any issues with laggy servers are usually handled during this 'warmup period' but due to ABC's behavior, this never happened. We could have had a meaningful discussion about the server quality and how well the match would play out. Unfortunately by the time we started playing, both teams were just fed up with the whole situation and wanted to get the process over with; even if it meant playing in a subpar server. Hopefully this will be a lesson learned... if we can't follow the rules of the tournament, what good is winning it? At the end of the day I'm just glad that there even was a finals at all. In the spirit of competition, it would have been very disappointing to not have a ladle finals due to a lack of following ladle regulations which have been in place for years.

Gms to uNk (will be greatly missed), Rogue Tronners, Exentric, and a black cat.

Theo 0
Light -1
(server took a crap toward the end of the match)
Didn't play in LIV
Image Image Image Image
-*inS*-
Round Winner

Post by -*inS*- »

Just to put it out there, Gonzap and I have spoken and there's really nothing more to say on this topic. Others can draw whatever conclusions they like from what transpired, but there is no bad blood between us. We at abc have nothing else to say on this subject.

Vote for servers.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Gazelle wrote:So wouldn't ABC just been disqualified and CT granted the win?
Right, and ABC were in forefeit right up until the moment they arrived in the server to play. The rules are clear. You get 10 minutes after your last match to meet a waiting team. Server disputes end with the primary server. If after 10 minutes of ABC's refusal to join, CT could have said "we win, they forefit." The community would be obliged to recognize this and give them the win. What ABC did was "bullying" as defined by Ladle rules and CT's patience allowed the Ladle to be finished poperly, so cheers to them.

I have a few general comments to add about servers.

As you can see, this community does the best it can with our resources. In fact, we do amazingly well. There will always be server issues, it is part of online gaming. Given what is available to us there is no way we can accurately account for the raw performance of a server and the quality of all possible player connections to it. However, we do have an effective feedback system. It works. I've watched the AoT servers slide up and down the scale numerous times. Since we started tracking feedback, CT LIV has been continually the highest ranked server by a huge margin. This is not from any CT bias. They are not just upvoting their servers. Notice CT USA has been ranked at the bottom for many, many months. Still, servers will have good days and bad and there isn't anything we can do about it except persevere. Voting will eject routinely poor servers from our system. If a EU server is only good for EU players then NA players have a responsibility to vote it down. Like most other problems in Ladle, community involvement is the key to solving it. Be active in the system while stretching your creativity to come up with new tools to make the system better.

@Insa: wrong font size, should be 200.
Last edited by sinewav on Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Concord »

gms all

cya in july

Venijn
Round Winner

Post by Venijn »

sinewav wrote:Be active in the system while stretching your creativity to come up with new tools to make the system better.
This.

Not sure why others are getting involved, this is being blown up more by people who weren't involved (both parties have been playing this down since.)

Abide by the quote and move on, won't happen again. If it does, we know what to do.
Click. Image
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

Venijn wrote:
sinewav wrote:Be active in the system while stretching your creativity to come up with new tools to make the system better.
This.

Not sure why others are getting involved, this is being blown up more by people who weren't involved (both parties have been playing this down since.)

Abide by the quote and move on, won't happen again. If it does, we know what to do.
I mean, it's obvious gazelle is trying to get this buried:
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

"strongest" in quotation marks?
breeze
Average Program

Post by breeze »

AoT NY +1
Nagi
Core Dumper

Post by Nagi »

gms

delinquent's +1
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Global Stats attached.

:!: Welcome ENDGAME!

:star: Congratulations Team Plut0o on your first match win. You wore out Immortal Dynasty and they couldn't overcome Wild West! Keep up the good work.

:cry: Goodbye Team Unknown! Here is a breakdown of your time here by the numbers:
  • 59 Ladle Appearances (5 years!)
    14 Ladles with a 2nd squad
    4/10 Ladle Victories / Finals (2 for each squad!)
    327 Match Wins
I'm sure the remaining active uNk'ers will be heavily recruited in the next couple months. Good luck to all of you.
Attachments
ladle_stats_82.xls
(33 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

sinewav wrote:
:!: Welcome ENDGAME!
******* lol
orion
Match Winner