AMERICA vs EUROPE: RESULTS!

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: America VS Europe: All-Stars 2014

Post by Titanoboa »

cool image, but canada too tho right?

fixed it, please use this instead
owned
Shutout Match Winner

Post by owned »

If I remember correctly last US VS EU was a tie in matches with both sides winning overall in their region's servers. NA won the first tournament against EU but I think it was close.

Maybe we could do something like best of 5, where it alternates servers, with the final server being determined by some tiebreaker?

Or we could do 2 in one then 2 in the other with the final maybe in some neutral server?
Last edited by owned on Mon May 05, 2014 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

owned wrote:If I remember correctly both US VS EU were ties with both sides winning overall in their region's servers. Maybe we could do something like best of 5, where it alternates servers, with the final server being determined by some tiebreaker?
The tiebreaker will effectively determine the winner then, anyway. The 'home' team has too big an advantage.
I like 2 matches in each server, and the sum of your scores is the final score. (And for reasons stated earlier, winner's score always counts as 100)
e.g. A vs B: 100-80 + 100-98 + 68-100 + 88-100 = 356-378 Team B wins.

There could be a designated non-player that keeps track of the total score.
owned wrote:with the final maybe in some neutral server?
If there were a good neutral choice, we'd be using that for the whole thing.
misterplayer
Average Program

Post by misterplayer »

goldenglue is proooo omg thxs
owned
Shutout Match Winner

Post by owned »

Titanoboa wrote: I like 2 matches in each server, and the sum of your scores is the final score.
We'd need to have some clear criteria for when a match ends and what points count. We don't want people complaining about whether a kill counted or not. Or we could just make it easy and say that all kills until the screen goes black count.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

owned wrote:
Titanoboa wrote: I like 2 matches in each server, and the sum of your scores is the final score.
We'd need to have some clear criteria for when a match ends and what points count. We don't want people complaining about whether a kill counted or not. Or we could just make it easy and say that all kills until the screen goes black count.
This seems like the best solution. Also, I'd prefer keeping this 6v6 and not 8v8, other than that I agree with everything else.

What should the voting procedure be? Americans can vote for their 1,2,3,4,5,6 favorites, same for the europeans?

I'm in the process of creating a page for this event, not using the wiki.
wap
Round Winner

Post by wap »

So do people vote for players on a specific position, or do they just vote for 6 players and those 6 will decide the positions themselves?
kite
Average Program

Post by kite »

If you need any help with the site let me know.
Nub
Average Program

Post by Nub »

Interesting comment about Canada... What about players from Mexico and South America? Russia? I'm sure there are others.
Image Image Image Image
Tre
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Tre »

And not that he forts, but there is a player from Saudi Arabia. And the aussies.
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

That'd be a world cup. That's another tourney. I see this more of a show-off among the 2 biggest regions that play armagetronad.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

What zap said. It's usa vs eu, if you want to include other regions, feel free to create your own event for that.

@wap, specific positions would be cool
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

Yeah the last one was a tie with the USA having more points overall though, iirc had a bbq instead and Flex had a really high ping which skewed it a little
Forum thread, Wiki
Both US and NA are mentioned and Rudy is on the list but I don't think he played
Luiso
Average Program

Post by Luiso »

if it's gonna be 6v6 and not 8v8 we could maybe make 2 US teams and 2 EU teams and do brackets like that

EU1 vs EU2 ---- US1 vs US2 ---- Winner vs Winner

or

EU1 vs US2 ---- EU2 vs US1 ---- Winner vs Winner

I don't think that EU1 vs US1 ---- EU2 vs US2 ---- winner vs winner is an option, since both 1 teams are suposed to be the best of each region and should meet in finals (if they beat their respective enemy)
I am not responsible for the content of this message ;)
wap
Round Winner

Post by wap »

Then I suggest people vote by stating their top 3 for the four categories of positions (center, attack, sweep, defense).

It's probably most logical to allocate three points to the first choices, two to the second, and one to the third. After the vote is closed we can see which players have the most points in which category/position. For center and defense, of course only the player with the most points will play. For attack and sweep it would be the top 2.

Then the situation could arise in which players are the top choice in multiple categories. If this happens, I think it's best that that player will play on the position he got most votes for and will be disregarded on the other categories.

Lastly I think you should just do the voting on these forums, so that the voting process will be transparent and to prevent people from voting more than once or messing with the votes in other ways (you never know lol).

What do you think?