Bowl 3 - Sunday, 27 April 2014

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

sinewav
Graphic Artist

Bowl 3 - Sunday, 27 April 2014

Post by sinewav »

Bowl 3 starts at Ladle time (17:45GMT) on Sunday, April 27th. All matches are best of 5.

Brackets with Scores

Code: Select all

20.13      Redemption ___
                         |___
 7.14    Team Unknown ___|   |
                             |___
 7.54  Rogue Tronners ___    |
                         |___|
11.33  Crazy Tronners ___|
Eligible Players

Redemption
----------
Soul
Gazelle
Dreadlord
Illusion
vov
Kult
Wolf

Crazy Tronners Alpha
--------------------
J-Dawgg
Cronix
Woned
Wap
Gonzap
Acid
Beer
Voodoo
MB53

Rogue Tronners
--------------
Poke' Master
Overrated
Shoebat
Tobe
Monkey D. Luffy
Red
Force
Titanoboa
Nuby
Magi
DGM
Fippmam
Nanu

Team Unknown
------------
Wildcat
Potter
Hoax
Mr
DrHouse
Aiphaton
TLS
Vein
FoFo
:!: All of the above should be checked for mistakes. I made mistakes last year and Elmo caught them. EDIT: My first mistake was the wrong date. It is the last Sunday, not 3rd Sunday. >_<
Last edited by sinewav on Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Overrated
Match Winner

Re: Bowl 3 - Sunday, 27 April 2014

Post by Overrated »

I have ~7.54 for rogue, ~7.14 for unk, ~20.13 for rd, and ~11.33 for CT. Not that it makes a difference; but it's worth mentioning.

I believe you took final visits instead of ladle wins when you did the math.

Edit:
I have a question. Should a no-show team count as a round win for the team that shows up? It sounds a little iffy; but at least here is a slight reasoning.

They didn't play; but at the same time they progressed through that round. They are under the pretense the team will show up, unlike byes where you are put in the situation that there will be no team there. You can essentially say it was a round advancement on a team signed up. They showed up for an unprepared team; so therefore they advanced. If neither shows up you say it was a round loss.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Overrated wrote:I have a question. Should a no-show team count as a round win for the team that shows up? It sounds a little iffy; but at least here is a slight reasoning.
No points for doing nothing! I'll double-check my math, though it doesn't change the seeds.
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

sinewav wrote:
Overrated wrote:I have a question. Should a no-show team count as a round win for the team that shows up? It sounds a little iffy; but at least here is a slight reasoning.
No points for doing nothing! I'll double-check my math, though it doesn't change the seeds.
They showed up; did they not? You don't have to show up for a bye; but you have to show up for an expected team to be there.

I don't think they should get anything for doing nothing; but they did do SOMETHING to achieve that, and wouldn't it be unfair for them if they lost a round win that could have cost them the bowl berth because they expected to play? Sure they could just "win," but if no one shows up...

If they get a round win for being there; they achieve bowl status (assuming KS is still there), otherwise they do not because Rogue would be above them following this ladle. Although it doesn't matter in the end; it's just something I'd prefer to discuss in case it ever becomes an issue. Let's get everything kinked out; correct?
BRAWL dead. RIP.

sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

I fixed the end of season scores, thanks for finding my mistake. And no, we will not be giving points to teams for just showing up. Your presence is already recorded as a Ladle visit, which counts toward qualification. The formula we use measures performance. You are not performing if no matches are played! :x

Also, tell Matoso we need him to stream the Bowl.
Matoso
Average Program

Post by Matoso »

haha if you're fine with the bad quality i'd be down with that
i can't guarantee that i'll be there though, i may be on vacation that day
Albert Einstein wrote:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Bowl is this Sunday for anyone interested. When I get some free time I will fill in the servers. Since they are the highest ranked, I would like to use CT LIV and Light's servers if those owners can be persuaded. The finals would be in CT LIV by rank, and the semi final servers can be determined by a coin flip unless someone has a better idea. Hopefully we can get a stream of the matches, or at least some people willing to make debug recordings if Z-Man is unavailable.
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

sinewav wrote:Bowl is this Sunday for anyone interested. When I get some free time I will fill in the servers. Since they are the highest ranked, I would like to use CT LIV and Light's servers if those owners can be persuaded. The finals would be in CT LIV by rank, and the semi final servers can be determined by a coin flip unless someone has a better idea..
Few options you can do:
  • 1) The 1 seed should have the advantage of the opportunity to play in the same server (if you only do two servers)

2) Take 2nd and 3rd ranked servers (or 1 eu and 1 US) and use those in the opening; with CT LIV for the finals.

3) Let the highest seed per match pick the server (within reason).

4) Have captains decide how they will do a server rotation (3 EU matches, 2 US, or something of the nature)
Also, gag, CT LIV is one of the most questionable servers I played in over the year.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Overrated wrote:Also, gag, CT LIV is one of the most questionable servers I played in over the year.
Oh come one, CT LIV is the top rated server ever in this game. No other server has ever come close to rating as high. If LIV is questionable for you then it should be clear your connection to it is the problem.

Anyway, whatever you guys want to do is fine. Let's talk it out.
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

sinewav wrote:
Overrated wrote:Also, gag, CT LIV is one of the most questionable servers I played in over the year.
Oh come one, CT LIV is the top rated server ever in this game. No other server has ever come close to rating as high. If LIV is questionable for you then it should be clear your connection to it is the problem.
If my connection to it is an issue, I won't rate it highly. I've said before it used to be one of the best, but had recently taken a dive. It was really good, then really bad for me. I only made it an issue when it was getting progressively worse. Unfortunately, not all servers can be perfect, but this one was far from it for me.

However, I don't know what it has been recently since I haven't played in it for 4 or 5 ladles. Ironically haven't played in it since I brought up the major issues I had with it.

As far as the server choice. I'd be fine with either #1 and #2 used only (1/4 seed play in same server entire time), or letting the highest seed advancing choose the server (one seed would then get the choice of changing if the server has been low quality); but don't we need backups? What if one of them crashes unexpectedly. We need something there for a just in case.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Here is the server configuration:

RINCLUDE ladle/ladle78.cfg(http://crazy-tronners.com/resource/ladle/ladle78.cfg)
RINCLUDE ladle/bowl03_authorities.cfg(http://crazy-tronners.com/resource/ladle/bowl03_authorities.cfg)
SERVER_NAME 0xffee44Bowl 0xff77003 0xffee44(0x6688bbPlayer 1's Server0xffee44)
Authorities will be ready tonight. CT LIV is confirmed, as are both AoT servers (obviously). I would like to use the AoT servers for backup and Light's for the US server, but I'll take anything I can get. I'll probably toss a coin to determine which side of the bracket gets CT LIV for the semis unless some great idea pops up here (I kinda like the idea of interjecting some randomness).
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

Settings are now up
J Dawg
Round Winner

Post by J Dawg »

Good luck to all participants in this bowl today :) it means a lot to me especially since elmos mishap, that our clan can participate in this bowl :) Good luck and have fun!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Luiso
Average Program

Post by Luiso »

So who play in CT liv and who in Lights?
I am not responsible for the content of this message ;)
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Lights server isn't up. If it suddenly becomes available you can use that instead of AoT NY.

http://wiki.armagetronad.org/index.php/ ... l#Brackets

I flipped a coin and CT LIV goes to Rogue Tronners & Crazy Tronners. Redemption and Team Unknown will play in AoT NY. AoT UK is the backup.