Bowl request

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

owned
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Bowl request

Post by owned »

I like a lot of the ideas posted already. I think this would be a good solution for the future:

Team leaders are only able to edit their rosters for a few weeks (maybe 2) after the ladle. Afterwards those rosters are locked. Any edits to the rosters after that point won't count for the sake of the bowl.

When Bowl season comes around, we check who has shown up 5 times on the challenge board. If anyone isn't on the challenge board 5 times but claims they have played 5 times, they must provide recordings and relevant times in those recordings to prove they played in those ladles. If they cannot provide absolute proof via recordings, they are not allowed to play in the Bowl.
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

I don't believe anyone is opposed to letting orion play; but for future reference we need an absolute guide-line and no exceptions in the future. This is a weird case where I can say I remember seeing him play that ladle; and spectating it. At the same time, however, I see no visual proof of such a thing. I checked Rd's forums, trontimes, and anywhere else that might have him mentioning something about substituting for that one match. There is nothing; and the only comment that somewhat relates him to it is more of a negative than a positive.

After reviewing every outlet, there is no evidence he played other than by word of mouth. Do I want to let him play? Yes. Will we vote that way? Yes. But I'm just surprised that there was no reference anywhere on Rd forums or on trontimes anywhere.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

Thanks very much Unk, R and CT for letting me play. Wish you the best of luck on Bowl ;)
misterplayer
Average Program

Post by misterplayer »

Did you guys really just waste all your time discussing 1 player. LEL

#firstworldproblems
ogo
Average Program

Post by ogo »

Having given it some further thought I'm going to change my vote to a yes
Luiso
Average Program

Post by Luiso »

ogo wrote:Having given it some further thought I'm going to change my vote to a yes
Only Team leaders of Rd, R, Ct and Unk vote, just saying.
I am not responsible for the content of this message ;)
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

misterplayer wrote:Did you guys really just waste all your time discussing 1 player.
It was an important discussion and the clarity gleaned from it will be invaluable for future events. I've seen clan applications longer than this so I don't know what your point is. The Bowl is an event that takes half of a year to qualify for, so yeah, it's kind of a big deal.
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

misterplayer wrote:Did you guys really just waste all your time discussing 1 player. LEL

#firstworldproblems
lold. I heard Harvard doesnt like trolls.
Tre
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Tre »

sinewav wrote:
misterplayer wrote:Did you guys really just waste all your time discussing 1 player.
It was an important discussion and the clarity gleaned from it will be invaluable for future events. I've seen clan applications longer than this so I don't know what your point is. The Bowl is an event that takes half of a year to qualify for, so yeah, it's kind of a big deal.
Sine, mister thinks a week in RD is long, so a week talking about something important HAS to be long for him.
misterplayer
Average Program

Post by misterplayer »

Gazelle wrote:
misterplayer wrote:Did you guys really just waste all your time discussing 1 player. LEL

#firstworldproblems
lold. I heard Harvard doesnt like trolls.

I heard Harvard doesn't even allow you to apply if u have lower than a 1400 on the SAT.

LOL
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Wow.. You're right... damn if only I applied myself as hard as you apply yourself in League.

However ;) I did get above a 1400. Learn to troll noob.
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

owned wrote:I think this would be a good solution for the future:

Team leaders are only able to edit their rosters for a few weeks (maybe 2) after the ladle. Afterwards those rosters are locked. Any edits to the rosters after that point won't count for the sake of the bowl.

When Bowl season comes around, we check who has shown up 5 times on the challenge board. If anyone isn't on the challenge board 5 times but claims they have played 5 times, they must provide recordings and relevant times in those recordings to prove they played in those ladles. If they cannot provide absolute proof via recordings, they are not allowed to play in the Bowl.
^ This.

Although it would probably be simplest for everyone to allow editing until the day of the next ladle. Because what if someone makes the edit after 2½ weeks and there's another appeal etc... "Before next ladle" is a clearer deadline.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Titanoboa wrote:Although it would probably be simplest for everyone to allow editing until the day of the next ladle.
That's exactly what I thought when I rewrote the rules 4 hours ago. You read my mind!
Bowl Guidelines wrote:If you substitute for another team during the season make sure to move your name to their roster on the Challenge Board before the next Ladle. Late edits will not be accepted. If you fail to edit the Challenge Board in time you can appeal your eligibility by providing an AAREC, or link to, along with --fastforward information showing your substitution. However, your eligibility is not guaranteed.
misterplayer
Average Program

Post by misterplayer »

Gazelle wrote:Wow.. You're right... damn if only I applied myself as hard as you apply yourself in League.

However ;) I did get above a 1400. Learn to troll noob.

U do realize a 1400 is like failing school right.
Gj bro
ogo
Average Program

Post by ogo »

I'm going to change my vote to mr for nicest player 2014