Bowl request

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

owned
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 876
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:01 pm

Re: Bowl request

Post by owned »

I like a lot of the ideas posted already. I think this would be a good solution for the future:

Team leaders are only able to edit their rosters for a few weeks (maybe 2) after the ladle. Afterwards those rosters are locked. Any edits to the rosters after that point won't count for the sake of the bowl.

When Bowl season comes around, we check who has shown up 5 times on the challenge board. If anyone isn't on the challenge board 5 times but claims they have played 5 times, they must provide recordings and relevant times in those recordings to prove they played in those ladles. If they cannot provide absolute proof via recordings, they are not allowed to play in the Bowl.

Overrated
Match Winner
Posts: 483
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:32 am

Re: Bowl request

Post by Overrated »

I don't believe anyone is opposed to letting orion play; but for future reference we need an absolute guide-line and no exceptions in the future. This is a weird case where I can say I remember seeing him play that ladle; and spectating it. At the same time, however, I see no visual proof of such a thing. I checked Rd's forums, trontimes, and anywhere else that might have him mentioning something about substituting for that one match. There is nothing; and the only comment that somewhat relates him to it is more of a negative than a positive.

After reviewing every outlet, there is no evidence he played other than by word of mouth. Do I want to let him play? Yes. Will we vote that way? Yes. But I'm just surprised that there was no reference anywhere on Rd forums or on trontimes anywhere.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.

User avatar
orion
Match Winner
Posts: 782
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Bowl request

Post by orion »

Thanks very much Unk, R and CT for letting me play. Wish you the best of luck on Bowl ;)
Image

misterplayer
Average Program
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: Bowl request

Post by misterplayer »

Did you guys really just waste all your time discussing 1 player. LEL

#firstworldproblems

User avatar
ogo
Average Program
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:48 pm

Re: Bowl request

Post by ogo »

Having given it some further thought I'm going to change my vote to a yes

User avatar
Luiso
Average Program
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:27 am

Re: Bowl request

Post by Luiso »

ogo wrote:Having given it some further thought I'm going to change my vote to a yes
Only Team leaders of Rd, R, Ct and Unk vote, just saying.
I am not responsible for the content of this message ;)

User avatar
sinewav
Graphic Artist
Posts: 6204
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:37 am
Contact:

Re: Bowl request

Post by sinewav »

misterplayer wrote:Did you guys really just waste all your time discussing 1 player.
It was an important discussion and the clarity gleaned from it will be invaluable for future events. I've seen clan applications longer than this so I don't know what your point is. The Bowl is an event that takes half of a year to qualify for, so yeah, it's kind of a big deal.

User avatar
Gazelle
Match Winner
Posts: 651
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:06 am

Re: Bowl request

Post by Gazelle »

misterplayer wrote:Did you guys really just waste all your time discussing 1 player. LEL

#firstworldproblems
lold. I heard Harvard doesnt like trolls.

Tre
On Lightcycle Grid
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:13 am

Re: Bowl request

Post by Tre »

sinewav wrote:
misterplayer wrote:Did you guys really just waste all your time discussing 1 player.
It was an important discussion and the clarity gleaned from it will be invaluable for future events. I've seen clan applications longer than this so I don't know what your point is. The Bowl is an event that takes half of a year to qualify for, so yeah, it's kind of a big deal.
Sine, mister thinks a week in RD is long, so a week talking about something important HAS to be long for him.
Image

misterplayer
Average Program
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: Bowl request

Post by misterplayer »

Gazelle wrote:
misterplayer wrote:Did you guys really just waste all your time discussing 1 player. LEL

#firstworldproblems
lold. I heard Harvard doesnt like trolls.

I heard Harvard doesn't even allow you to apply if u have lower than a 1400 on the SAT.

LOL

User avatar
Gazelle
Match Winner
Posts: 651
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:06 am

Re: Bowl request

Post by Gazelle »

Wow.. You're right... damn if only I applied myself as hard as you apply yourself in League.

However ;) I did get above a 1400. Learn to troll noob.

User avatar
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 1743
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:07 pm

Re: Bowl request

Post by Titanoboa »

owned wrote:I think this would be a good solution for the future:

Team leaders are only able to edit their rosters for a few weeks (maybe 2) after the ladle. Afterwards those rosters are locked. Any edits to the rosters after that point won't count for the sake of the bowl.

When Bowl season comes around, we check who has shown up 5 times on the challenge board. If anyone isn't on the challenge board 5 times but claims they have played 5 times, they must provide recordings and relevant times in those recordings to prove they played in those ladles. If they cannot provide absolute proof via recordings, they are not allowed to play in the Bowl.
^ This.

Although it would probably be simplest for everyone to allow editing until the day of the next ladle. Because what if someone makes the edit after 2½ weeks and there's another appeal etc... "Before next ladle" is a clearer deadline.

User avatar
sinewav
Graphic Artist
Posts: 6204
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:37 am
Contact:

Re: Bowl request

Post by sinewav »

Titanoboa wrote:Although it would probably be simplest for everyone to allow editing until the day of the next ladle.
That's exactly what I thought when I rewrote the rules 4 hours ago. You read my mind!
Bowl Guidelines wrote:If you substitute for another team during the season make sure to move your name to their roster on the Challenge Board before the next Ladle. Late edits will not be accepted. If you fail to edit the Challenge Board in time you can appeal your eligibility by providing an AAREC, or link to, along with --fastforward information showing your substitution. However, your eligibility is not guaranteed.

misterplayer
Average Program
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: Bowl request

Post by misterplayer »

Gazelle wrote:Wow.. You're right... damn if only I applied myself as hard as you apply yourself in League.

However ;) I did get above a 1400. Learn to troll noob.

U do realize a 1400 is like failing school right.
Gj bro

User avatar
ogo
Average Program
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:48 pm

Re: Bowl request

Post by ogo »

I'm going to change my vote to mr for nicest player 2014

Post Reply