Ladle 79

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Post Reply
User avatar
woof
Round Winner
Posts: 230
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:58 am

Re: Ladle 79

Post by woof »

Vogue wrote:(correct me if i'm wrong)
You're wrong.

Rules for Players wrote: 9. Substitutes may be added until the start of the semi-finals. After the semi-finals begin, a team needs the approval of the opponent to add a substitute.
Wap was added to the team before the start of the semi-finals, if you refuse to let go of this watch the recording and see for yourself :moustache:. But gm's!

dinobro wrote:Yeah, kind of sad to look at your own members forced to watch the match from spec, simply because you want to play with a player who isnt even on your roster.
Yeah, kind of sad to see an alias post on the forums after every ladle trashing Redemption and praising KS - maybe use a real name and some of us might think your posts aren't entirely irrelevant.

User avatar
wap
Round Winner
Posts: 286
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:02 am

Re: Ladle 79

Post by wap »

Really disappointed by the problem I faced in Light's server. In there, my ping somehow kept fluctuating between 800 and 2500, which made spectating the matches there really hard, let alone play in them. Afterwards I discovered this was probably only the case in Light's server. I might also add that I was the only one who experienced this.

To my surprise, when I entered CT LIV to watch KS against Derp Derp, everything seemed to be fine there. I was then asked to play for RD, and seeing as I hadn't played yet, I took the opportunity. I don't think any rules were broken, because KS didn't object against my playing for RD. De facto, remaining silent is the same as giving approval in this case.

I had no intentions of causing drama, I just wanted to play. Thanks to KS for being a good sport about that, thanks to RD for letting me play, and grats to the winners, you played well.

Vogue
Match Winner
Posts: 759
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:50 pm

Re: Ladle 79

Post by Vogue »

why so hostile woof? i specifically said we didn't care but i'm simply pointing it out for future reference, so nobody gets revenge-dq by someone who does care

praise christ

dinobro
Average Program
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:45 pm

Re: Ladle 79

Post by dinobro »

Woof - I like how you completely ignore the issue at hand, which is you using a player that is on the roster for a totally different clan while you have enough members on the server to fil your ranks, and bash me for being an alias.
Way to go.
Anyhow, I'm not an alias. It's my only account, and my name in game is "jsour". While probably unknown to you, I'm still part (even if really small) of the community and I was simply voicing my opinion on, in my mind, silly move on your clan's side.
And well. I like KS. I'm a fan. Judge me.

Vogue
Match Winner
Posts: 759
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:50 pm

Re: Ladle 79

Post by Vogue »

Kronkleberry wrote:
dinobro wrote:Yeah, kind of sad to look at your own members forced to watch the match from spec, simply because you want to play with a player who isnt even on your roster.
This.

I work every Sunday until 4PM EST, so I usually can't make it home until the very end of every ladle, but at least this gives me enough of a window to peek at what our finals line-up is. The last few times I've come home to see MR and Wap playing for my team, and at least 3-5 spectators wearing Rd tags. We tell ourselves we're getting too big as a clan, and we pretend to entertain the idea of a second team, but really, the bench just gets bigger and warmer. It especially lame if we even broke the rules to acquire wap...

Maybe it would be more appropriate to post this in my own forum's private section, but I already tried that last ladle when this happened.
*looks at camera*
*looks at soul*
oh shit

User avatar
vov
Match Winner
Posts: 561
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:40 pm

Re: Ladle 79

Post by vov »

What about implementing the warmup system, the ready-up-thingy you probably know from pickup, into ladle? From my experience timeouts are requested 1-2 times a ladle and it's always a tense situation because you have about 10 seconds from the end of one match to the start of another for communication. This time it didn't work and a misunderstanding led to some problems. What do you do after a problem? Make sure it doesn't happen again!

The warmup system is good for it because you need everyone to ready up and there's no doubt you were ready when the match starts (both were problems yesterday and also in some previous tourneys). Against abuse (dragging stuff out with it) there could be a 3-minute or 5-minute rule to keep possible delays short.

As I'm not up to par with the development at the moment, on which server types would this be available? It's the only (but possibly large) problem I would see with it because I've only seen it on v0.4 so far and ladle servers commonly run v0.2 right now.

bilbo baggins
Round Winner
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:05 pm

Re: Ladle 79

Post by bilbo baggins »

drama in the trontron land :/ gz ks :D

User avatar
dreadlord
Match Winner
Posts: 585
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:26 am
Location: Germany

Re: Ladle 79

Post by dreadlord »

dinobro wrote:Woof - I like how you completely ignore the issue at hand, which is you using a player that is on the roster for a totally different clan while you have enough members on the server to fil your ranks, and bash me for being an alias.
As far as I know, it's still our decision if that's an issue or not, not yours. You sound like you have a say in this, which you don't.
dinobro wrote:... I was simply voicing my opinion on, in my mind, silly move on your clan's side.
And well. I like KS. I'm a fan. Judge me.
Silly move on your side in this case, it's obvious that you're trying to provoke wolf, because this has nothing to do with the rest of your post. Can you please try to avoid drama? Thanks.

On-topic: I guess I can only blame my connection for the disconnect, but I like vov's idea, I think this hasn't only happened to me so far and could solve similar issues in the future.
I won't vote on servers because my connection really sucked yesterday. Congratulations Ks, well played.

dinobro
Average Program
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:45 pm

Re: Ladle 79

Post by dinobro »

Dude, I'm not provoking anyone. I gave MY OPINION, on something that took place during the last ladle. And that in MY OPINION shouldn't take place at all.
Is it really that hard to accept the fact that someone may have different opinon than you without your bunch acting like little, butthurt children?
And what are you trying to say? That I'm biased? Saying that as member of rd makes you biased too by default, so what kind of point are you trying to make? Jesus.

User avatar
dreadlord
Match Winner
Posts: 585
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:26 am
Location: Germany

Re: Ladle 79

Post by dreadlord »

dinobro wrote:Is it really that hard to accept the fact that someone may have different opinon than you without your bunch acting like little, butthurt children?
Totally not provoking anyone ..

Vogue
Match Winner
Posts: 759
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:50 pm

Re: Ladle 79

Post by Vogue »

dreadlord wrote:
dinobro wrote:Is it really that hard to accept the fact that someone may have different opinon than you without your bunch acting like little, butthurt children?
Totally not provoking anyone ..
yeah i hate that kankershit when people provoke eachother

User avatar
Nanu Nanu
Core Dumper
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:20 am
Location: Witty comment about location here

Re: Ladle 79

Post by Nanu Nanu »

Gms CTa, unk, and ks! Grats on another ladle win ks. I had fun :D

+1 Light's - Performed great, only a few rare slides here and there. Sucks about wap's ping though, not sure what happened :/
Prema wrote:The second match starts, a new beginning,
Nanu and Prema, Sui and Ninja,
versus those same old hoes grinning.

misterplayer
Average Program
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: Ladle 79

Post by misterplayer »

Was fun, Gm's

(nice try, especially REDIE BOO!, LOL!)

User avatar
sinewav
Graphic Artist
Posts: 6204
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:37 am
Contact:

Re: Ladle 79

Post by sinewav »

Let's all take a deep breath and relax. I would rather read server feedback from you instead of clan rabble.

Also, I can't see any realistic way to implement a Time Out system, and I'm sure the idea will have many opponents. I just get nervous because it seems more and more people are having connection problems and it would be nice if the games were decided on skill and not random disconnects. I guess this is simply the state of the modern Internet. Too many users for the infrastructure and too much greed from the companies who provide Internet services. [/rant]

User avatar
ppotter
Match Winner
Posts: 450
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:45 am

Re: Ladle 79

Post by ppotter »

Light's +1 No problems for me.


Isn't the 'warm up' thing something contributes to the feeling of instability of pickup servers? Wouldn't like to play ladle on any of those.

Post Reply