Ladle 78 | 2nd Feb | Brackets Up!

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Ladle 78

Post by Light »

sinewav wrote:
Light wrote:Hey, Sine. What Rx servers do you host from?
This is all I know about them:

Code: Select all

95.154.207.220:4534 
69.162.170.184:4534
That, and the ports keep changing for some reason. I have no idea what duke is doing or how you are involved. I just send my money somewhere and the server works!
In your settings, you can set a port with SERVER_PORT.

Code: Select all

SERVER_PORT 4535
As for using a port that doesn't get used by others, you may want to check out the 60's. Since he don't specify ports for you by default, people starting servers will automatically take the first available port.

For a little further note on your servers.
69.162.170.184 - US East Server
95.154.207.220 - UK Server

Link to different server CP's:
http://insomniaclan.com/hosting/

And, as far as I'm involved .. I just help out a bit since he's not always around to do it. I try to keep the active servers semi up to date, and when someone buys a server I sometimes set them up so they don't have to wait too long. Also, I play tech support when people have a problem. I'll be listed on his site when he puts his beta site out for use, but if you, or anyone on his hosting happens to need me, you can email me at [email protected] or chat on my site.

Anyways .. I'll update them servers today so they're ready for Ladle.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Light wrote:As for using a port that doesn't get used by others, you may want to check out the 60's.
Is there any way I can see a list of open ports or should I just keep picking numbers if I get an error?
Light wrote:Anyways .. I'll update them servers today so they're ready for Ladle.
These servers get used for Brawl once in a while. Ladles should be .2x vanilla. This can be a little bothersome. I think it is time to have a discussion on the future of Arma and all these branches. When do we finally get official support for sty+ct and variants? I feel like we really have two different ArmagetronAds here.
Light

Post by Light »

sinewav wrote:
Light wrote:As for using a port that doesn't get used by others, you may want to check out the 60's.
Is there any way I can see a list of open ports or should I just keep picking numbers if I get an error?
It will be different at any given time depending on how many servers are running and when each reset. When some reset, it may skip over some that are done being used just because it hasn't cleared yet, so sometimes they reach pretty high. I usually use 4552, so anything above that should be good I think, though it's been a while since I checked that I'm actually using the port I have chosen. I don't use Rx servers for myself too often. :P If you choose a port, you can just try starting the server and it will show in the console what port you're using.
sinewav wrote:These servers get used for Brawl once in a while. Ladles should be .2x vanilla. This can be a little bothersome. I think it is time to have a discussion on the future of Arma and all these branches. When do we finally get official support for sty+ct and variants? I feel like we really have two different ArmagetronAds here.
Most of what's added to 0.2 is added to sty+ct as well. I don't think that should be a problem. I'm not sure if the updates for Ladle and whatnot have been added to +ap though.

My view is probably not the best, but as I have all my scripts set up to use sty+ct, and it's what I've been used to for ever now .. I'm not too willing to change. As for Rx servers, you'd have to ask Duke. I usually just install sty+ct there as well. That's what he's always used there afaik, and it's what I'm used to grabbing. It may also be necessary for a few things on his CP and whatnot.
Light

Re: Ladle 78 | 2nd Feb | Sign Up!

Post by Light »

Rx servers are updated for East and UK servers. You will have to go boot up your servers.
theo
Round Winner

Post by theo »

Ok, you all kind of lost me.

I'm still not sure what version we should use.

So for the time being, I'll keep the version I'm already using for ladle servers (0.2.9_alpha_r1417).

If I need to upgrade, tell me at least a couple of days before the ladle, with a recommended version.
kyle
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

upgrade to _r1437
lp:armagetronad/0.2.8
theo
Round Winner

Post by theo »

Ok done.

Thanks kylie.
Light

Post by Light »

kyle wrote:upgrade to _r1437
Is sty+ct r785 good as well? That's what is on my servers and Rx servers.
kyle
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

Light wrote:
kyle wrote:upgrade to _r1437
Is sty+ct r785 good as well? That's what is on my servers and Rx servers.
Yes it should be, Looks like dlh merged it in r784
Core Dumper

Re: Ladle 78 | 2nd Feb | Brackets Up

Post by *16 »

Nothing. Your message contains 8 characters. The minimum number of characters you need to enter is 21.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

*16 wrote:epsy and voodoo were there and confirmed.

Thanks sine for fixing the servers. I used the stats except that for Z-mans server.
Hey, I appreciate you trying to help out, but this isn't the way we do it. The instructions on how we create brackets are on the Operations page (Ladle isn't Brawl). Every step needs to be confirmed and verified by another person. You don't just randomize teams and say "oh look I did them." This is about error checking. Two sets of eyes make fewer mistakes than one set. Please stop by next month and I'll walk you though the process if you like.

With that said, here are the new BRACKETS

:wink: GL, HF
Core Dumper

Post by *16 »

sinewav wrote:
*16 wrote:epsy and voodoo were there and confirmed.

Thanks sine for fixing the servers. I used the stats except that for Z-mans server.
Hey, I appreciate you trying to help out, but this isn't the way we do it. The instructions on how we create brackets are on the Operations page (Ladle isn't Brawl). Every step needs to be confirmed and verified by another person. You don't just randomize teams and say "oh look I did them." This is about error checking. Two sets of eyes make fewer mistakes than one set. Please stop by next month and I'll walk you though the process if you like.

With that said, here are the new BRACKETS

:wink: GL, HF
It's fine, I all read it now. I just don't think it was needed to redo them. I do understand the confirming and verifying and if I would ever do them again, I know it now. I just think that if the brackets are done good (there were no mistakes), you could have left them and said it to me that you normally do it different. Then I would have know it in the event I would do them again. Now people got mad at me because the brackets changed suddenly where I just tried to do good. Just my opinion though.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

*16 wrote:I just think that if the brackets are done good (there were no mistakes), you could have left them and said it to me that you normally do it different.
Right, my first thought was exactly that. I was going to let it go and explain the correct procedure in a PM. However, Ladle is srs biz. Rules and procedures are, unfortunately, a big part of the tournament. So here is the dilemma: either I spend my time defending you to people who might bitch about how the brackets were done, or I redo them correctly and throw you under the bus for a procedural violation. Sadly, the later causes fewer problems (I'm truly sorry *16). But as I said above, I really do appreciate you taking the time to help out. I would love to never do brackets again and spend that extra 15 minutes at the gym! Anyway, for everyone interested here is an outline of the procedure:
  1. Add the servers to the bracket using the Server Quality Tracker and Server Distributor.
  2. Invite players to #armagetron to check your work and witness the brackets.
  3. Test the IRCbot with !r and !randomteam 1 seed1 team1 team2 team3 (etc...)
  4. Show the prepared !randomteam arguments to a witness and have them check to see if the seed is in place, all the teams are listed, and that all the teams are valid. Error checking here prevents arguments later when something is screwed up. This step also reinforces our community-wide dedication to transparency and teamwork.
  5. Execute !randomteam while at least one witness executes !r (it's tradition, and it's a good one!)
  6. Have Titanoboa or vov make everything pretty because they seem to enjoy doing that.
So there you have it.
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

New seeds, already a possibility of last ladle's finals teams playing each other in the second round; the excitement!

Good luck on Super Bowl Sunday everyone.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
Concord

Post by Concord »

previously
ladle 76
ladle 77
Last edited by Concord on Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.