Ladle 78 | 2nd Feb | Brackets Up!

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Core Dumper

Ladle 78 | 2nd Feb | Brackets Up!

Post by *16 »

Last edited by *16 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gazelle
Match Winner

Re: Ladle 78

Post by Gazelle »

Ladle is this weekend! Sign your teams up before its too late!
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

Server admins: please update your servers if you run from bzr or subversion. There was a spam-kick bug that has been fixed since last Ladle, and also a new setting to cut down on authentication spam.

It seems there will also be a new ladle config file, so be sure to update both of your RINCLUDEs.
asdfasdf
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by asdfasdf »

Hey: ww is looking for subs if possible – we are aiming (well, I'm aiming) to get back into fort/ladle; PM me if you're available. We've got 2 definites and 4 maybes from within, so we'll probably/definitely need some people :).

Thanks,

asdf
bilbo baggins
Round Winner

Post by bilbo baggins »

i can sub for any team on the night, so long as im not superbowlin
asdfasdf
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by asdfasdf »

Bilbo: could you come to our server first on Sunday to check if we need a sub, then?
theo
Round Winner

Post by theo »

dlh wrote:Server admins: please update your servers if you run from bzr or subversion. There was a spam-kick bug that has been fixed since last Ladle, and also a new setting to cut down on authentication spam.
What about those who don't use bzr or subversion?

Is that all right to use the same old version, or should we switch to the bzr version?
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

dlh wrote:Server admins: ....It seems there will also be a new ladle config file, so be sure to update both of your RINCLUDEs.
Yes, There is a new one again. I'll move it to the correct location soon. I think it has everything needed, just need to double check.
Lowkey
Core Dumper

Post by Lowkey »

What if I have no idea what your referring to :/

I'm guessing I won't be hosting a ladle server anymore unless I know that my host upgrades. SOO idk.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Lowkey wrote:I'm guessing I won't be hosting a ladle server anymore unless I know that my host upgrades. SOO idk.
You can still host servers Lowkey. We can't afford to have people pull servers on us so please don't. However, we are trying to enforce a little homogeneity, so please ask your server provider to make sure the tournament server is running the latest dedicated stable. It will be a rare time when all the servers are up-to-date at the same time, but this is the ideal me should strive for.
Core Dumper

Post by *16 »

dlh wrote:Server admins: please update your servers if you run from bzr or subversion. There was a spam-kick bug that has been fixed since last Ladle, and also a new setting to cut down on authentication spam.

It seems there will also be a new ladle config file, so be sure to update both of your RINCLUDEs.
Thx for updating that on the wiki, didn't know that!

Last ladle Sine mentioned something about global moderators who shouldn't have been there, I don't know who should or who shouldn't so maybe someone has to take a look at that.
bilbo baggins
Round Winner

Post by bilbo baggins »

asdfasdf wrote:Bilbo: could you come to our server first on Sunday to check if we need a sub, then?
sure thing
Light

Post by Light »

sinewav wrote:You can still host servers Lowkey. We can't afford to have people pull servers on us so please don't. However, we are trying to enforce a little homogeneity, so please ask your server provider to make sure the tournament server is running the latest dedicated stable. It will be a rare time when all the servers are up-to-date at the same time, but this is the ideal me should strive for.
Hey, Sine. What Rx servers do you host from? I can get them updated today after work.
kyle
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Re: Ladle 78 | 2nd Feb | Sign Up!

Post by kyle »

CT USA and CT LIV are now up to date
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Light wrote:Hey, Sine. What Rx servers do you host from?
This is all I know about them:

Code: Select all

95.154.207.220:4534 
69.162.170.184:4534
That, and the ports keep changing for some reason. I have no idea what duke is doing or how you are involved. I just send my money somewhere and the server works!