Ladle 78 | 2nd Feb | Brackets Up!

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Core Dumper

Re: Ladle 78 | 2nd Feb | Brackets Up!

Post by *16 »

Gms uNk.

+1 uNk, stable server.
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

gg's SP and KS.

Maybe next time we will get the technical difficulties figured out before we start the match, and please give more warning (KS), than a "start_new_match" right before the round starts. At least say, "you have one round." We appreciate you giving us that much time and allowing us to restart after that mishap, but for future notice; that's all I request there. gg's. Next time we won't have these issues.

Also, how does this e(a)ffect the Bowl? The change in seeding happened mid-Bowl season; which I honestly didn't think about until now. It probably messes things up a little, the best teams should still make semis and finals and what not, but it does make issues for the previous placements moving forward.

Theo's 0 Overall it was okay. Definitely not the worst I've played in and aside from the slides at awful times; it ran relatively well.

Grats to the eventual winners and good luck next month; we'll be prepared then.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
pike
Round Winner

Post by pike »

Good matches CTa :)

AoT UK +1
The server was laggy from time to time, but never anything very bad.
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

gz us, good games everyone, all normalized

stats: today ct got a new record, most ladle finals.
RD passed R on ladle count.
Soul
Match Winner

Post by Soul »

ggs ww, unk, ks, and ct!

Lights was pretty laggy for me and a few of my teammates unfortunately (had a few crashes and freezes). First time it was bad for me D:
woof
Round Winner

Post by woof »

Thank you God for helping Redemption get a fun win, and great matches to Ww, uNk, kill st, and CTA!

Special shoutouts to my kokopuff (mister) for being one of the sickest tronners i've ever seen, as well as play for us :)
misterplayer
Average Program

Post by misterplayer »

woof wrote:Thank you God for helping Redemption get a fun win, and great matches to Ww, uNk, kill st, and CTA!

Special shoutouts to my kokopuff (mister) for being one of the sickest tronners i've ever seen, as well as play for us :)

<3 thxs bAbe. U. Too my newton!

Was fun RD.

Gg all.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Overrated wrote:Maybe next time we will get the technical difficulties figured out before we start the match, and please give more warning (KS), than a "start_new_match" right before the round starts.
What was the technical difficulty? You never said. You had just finished beating the previous team, there was no server switch, and all your players were already on the grid. The match should have been able to start as soon as the next team joined and shuffled.
Overrated wrote:Also, how does this e(a)ffect the Bowl? The change in seeding happened mid-Bowl season; which I honestly didn't think about until now. It probably messes things up a little, the best teams should still make semis and finals and what not, but it does make issues for the previous placements moving forward.
It doesn't really affect Bowl at all. The only difference is good teams need to work slightly harder for their stats instead of having an easy ride like last year. The best 4 will be clear and the seeding change won't affect it.

Global Stats Attached.

:) WELCOME ASCENSION! (I think this is your first Ladle, right?)
Attachments
ladle_stats.xls
(31.5 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

misterplayer wrote:
woof wrote:Thank you God for helping Redemption get a fun win, and great matches to Ww, uNk, kill st, and CTA!

<3 thxs bAbe. U. Too my newton!

Was fun RD.

Gg all.

Yayyy! lets all suck eachother off in public!!!!! Gz on win (lol) next time wont be as easy for u, i'll actually have power. Enjoy it while it lasts :)
Last edited by Gazelle on Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

GMs Void and SOL.
Gz RD.
Playing since December 2006
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

sinewav wrote:
Overrated wrote:Maybe next time we will get the technical difficulties figured out before we start the match, and please give more warning (KS), than a "start_new_match" right before the round starts.
What was the technical difficulty? You never said. You had just finished beating the previous team, there was no server switch, and all your players were already on the grid. The match should have been able to start as soon as the next team joined and shuffled.
We were using teamspeak and were having issues with certain people getting it to work right, so we then tried to switch back to what we usual use; skype and were having even more difficulties.
We were rushed by your team, when we continued to say we weren't ready. We started before we could switch to one or another.
We were dealing with this issue throughout the entire first match and finally had it situated near the end of it. At least the second match was better, but there was a lot of frustration on our end with being rushed (it was our own fault, however), and not getting things working properly.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

As far I know, you dont need to start if you didnt announce you are ready
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Overrated wrote:We were using teamspeak and were having issues with certain people getting it to work right, so we then tried to switch back to what we usual use; skype and were having even more difficulties.
We were rushed by your team, when we continued to say we weren't ready. We started before we could switch to one or another.
Ok, as long as you know problems with a VoIP system are not grounds for delaying the Ladle, especially one behind schedule. We allow 10 minutes for arriving teams to enter the server and get ready. This really doesn't apply to existing teams who have just won a match.
woof
Round Winner

Post by woof »

sinewav wrote:
Overrated wrote:We were using teamspeak and were having issues with certain people getting it to work right, so we then tried to switch back to what we usual use; skype and were having even more difficulties.
Ok, as long as you know problems with a VoIP system are not grounds for delaying the Ladle, especially one behind schedule. We allow 10 minutes for arriving teams to enter the server and get ready. This really doesn't apply to existing teams who have just won a match.

Although by technicality you don't have to, one would hope in a small community such as this, we could be more lenient on time when it came to a respectable team having some difficulty getting ready. It's more of a courtesy thing :)
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

woof wrote:It's more of a courtesy thing :)
Equally, you can say it is disrespectful asking an opponent to wait while you manage technical difficulties from a technology that provides an advantage over teams that do not use it. In fact, it is not just disrespectful, it's a little insulting. Part of what makes a good team is the preparation and troubleshooting they do before the event. So, should KS have made all the teams wait while Gazelle's electricity returned to his neighborhood? After all, KS was experiencing "technical difficulties" and were not ready. Even if both team agreed it would be horribly disrespectful to the other teams waiting on match results and all the Europeans who lose valuable sleep when Ladle runs late.