Can we have a Ladle on Sunday, 22nd?

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: Can we have a Ladle on Sunday, 22nd?

Post by sinewav »

Damn you guys can't read.

Over: Yes, the 22nd, this Sunday, 19:00 GMT. J-Dawg: Place your team on the brackets. This is Spoon style.

This is not a Ladle. THERE IS NO RANDOMIZATION OF TEAMS.
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

sinewav wrote:Damn you guys can't read.

Over: Yes, the 22nd, this Sunday, 19:00 GMT. J-Dawg: Place your team on the brackets. This is Spoon style.

This is not a Ladle. THERE IS NO RANDOMIZATION OF TEAMS.
Well, if you're referring to me (as in the can't read part), there was no clarification on date (aside from the topic), and there was no mention of times anywhere in the topic, nor the wiki. I wouldn't have asked otherwise.

Other than that, I like impromptu things. Hopefully this will be successful, and even if it's not; at least there will be teams around to war with.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Overrated wrote:Well, if you're referring to me (as in the can't read part), there was no clarification on date (aside from the topic), and there was no mention of times anywhere in the topic, nor the wiki. I wouldn't have asked otherwise.
You are kidding, right? Why in the world would we schedule a Fort event on another date when the thread indicates the 22nd? The date is the sole purpose for having this spontaneous event. Also, the date and time are listed on the wiki -- on the Competition Hub and the brackets themselves.

I mean seriously, you didn't look before you made that first post, and even after I teased you about it you continued to deflect blame for your laziness. Unbelievable.

/me posts animated gif of something relevant.
J Dawg
Round Winner

Post by J Dawg »

I think this just needs vigilance, The more motivated everyone is to get a 4man team, the more enjoyable this will be :)
ImageImageImageImageImage
Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Desolate »

Start a new topic or edit the link into the original post
Lowkey
Core Dumper

Post by Lowkey »

Hope I can still squeeze a team in (Unforgetables)
I can also host a server for this only 32 slots but only upon request ;)
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

sinewav wrote:
Overrated wrote:Well, if you're referring to me (as in the can't read part), there was no clarification on date (aside from the topic), and there was no mention of times anywhere in the topic, nor the wiki. I wouldn't have asked otherwise.
You are kidding, right? Why in the world would we schedule a Fort event on another date when the thread indicates the 22nd? The date is the sole purpose for having this spontaneous event. Also, the date and time are listed on the wiki -- on the Competition Hub and the brackets themselves.

I mean seriously, you didn't look before you made that first post, and even after I teased you about it you continued to deflect blame for your laziness. Unbelievable.

/me posts animated gif of something relevant.
I was WELL aware it would be on the 22nd, due to the topic (AS I had SAID in my POST), but there was also no clarification on the WIKI PAGE itself so I thought I would CLARIFY this for EVERYONE ELSE. One who IS "lazy" wouldn't realize that I was just asking for CLARIFICATION since there was also no CLARIFICATION on the time on EITHER the TOPIC OR WIKI PAGE. To bash me of being "lazy," is insulting me for no reason, unless you enjoy doing such a thing. How is it wrong to CLARIFY something? Considering there was no mention of DATE OR TIME on the WIKI PAGE. Go ahead, call me "lazy," I was just asking for CLARIFICATION on date AND time. And yeah, if you would read instead of being "lazy," you'd realize that I said there was CLARIFICATION from the TOPIC on the DATE, but not the WIKI PAGE. So I will CLARIFY this for YOU, again, for what is the THIRD TIME? There was no mention of DATE OR TIME on the WIKI PAGE when I ASKED FOR CLARIFICATION. Now, is my POINT, and QUESTION, CLARIFIED enough for YOU? I hope so, you have a good "lazy" day.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

You should freak out more. Though it doesn't change the fact you are still wrong. The dates and times were on the wiki. Maybe it's not where you expected them to be, but it seems no one else is having a hard time understanding there is a 4TF on the 22nd at 19:00 GMT. Thanks for making a huge deal about it because a little promotion is always nice.
Attachments
4tf4-22-1900-1.png
4tf4-22-1900-1.png (4.97 KiB) Viewed 2630 times
4tf4-22-1900-2.png
4tf4-22-1900-2.png (9.91 KiB) Viewed 2630 times
4tf4-22-1900-3.png
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

the date and times were clear to me fyi, but don't sweat it- over freaked out over me saying "nice bottle" and silenced me, then harassed me for saying that

i think he's not doing so well

have fun in 4TF everyone!
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

sinewav wrote:You should freak out more. Though it doesn't change the fact you are still wrong. The dates and times were on the wiki. Maybe it's not where you expected them to be, but it seems no one else is having a hard time understanding there is a 4TF on the 22nd at 19:00 GMT. Thanks for making a huge deal about it because a little promotion is always nice.
1st picture, I clearly stated that's the only mention I saw, and it's still not clear-cut happening on this date. Stop being arrogant to my posts.

2nd picture. Why is it under /blurb, most people won't see that, considering it took me searching the wiki for me to actually find it (well after the fact). Look at the challenge board you linked to, only mention is of the time, at least for me, which is what you posted on the 3rd picture, and oddly enough, isn't something people will look at immediately. I recall looking through the entire challenge board, and not seeing it. Maybe I missed it, but to say I didn't look at it is ignorant.

Mainly, I asked for clarification, you left a slightly backhanded comment that was unnecessary and insulting. Not that it matters anymore.

Deso made a good point, new topic and linking within that topic would have been the easiest solution instead of plopping it on to this one.
Vogue wrote:the date and times were clear to me fyi, but don't sweat it- over freaked out over me saying "nice bottle" and silenced me, then harassed me for saying that
:roll: It wasn't one comment, it was a multitude of them, on top of the frustrations of a team that was clearly playing awful. If you want me to apologize for silencing, then there you go. Whatever will make you happy. <3

Anyways rest of the teams need to put themselves in the bracket (which I tried figuring out but clearly I'm not intelligent enough for that). Good luck, have fun.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

J Dawg
Round Winner

Post by J Dawg »

Come on guys, Let us not call each other mean names, it is not nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look on the bright side though guys!! we Got 8 teams for this spoon with only 4? (5? idk i'm not looking) days of preparation! go us!

Yes it will be at 19 GMT and it will be tomorrow, so Good luck!!! Hopefully next spoon/4teamfort We can get even more teams!! We rock!

Also, My team only has 4 members, Some more for reassurance would be nice :) PM me if you want to join :)
ImageImageImageImageImage
Lowkey
Core Dumper

Post by Lowkey »

Yeah anyway someone with the know how could adjust the brackets for us please and add up teams so its not a totally dull tournament

Edit: Also found time to update my server for this so its available
Core Dumper

Post by *16 »

Lowkey wrote:Yeah anyway someone with the know how could adjust the brackets for us please and add up teams so its not a totally dull tournament

Edit: Also found time to update my server for this so its available
I don't know why but Rits changed the bracket to a ladle style bracket.

It should just have stayed as rits made it. Where all teams placed themselves in the EU or US server that was available.
Lokis and Rits server were not really needed (unless AoT fails).

If I get no objection or response I will change it back.

EDIT: All arranged. Teams who didn't chose have been randomized by Rits.
Ritsuka
Round Winner

Post by Ritsuka »

There was confusion regarding the code in the bracket as there was no field for the second and third team, per server. Everything is fixed now. Team Leaders of:
  • Rd2
  • phoenix 4ters
  • unforgettables

if you would like to place your team somewhere else, simply edit the brackets.

Code: Select all

| RD1-seed1='''AoT_UK'''
| RD1-team1= Redemption
| RD1-score1=unforgettables
| RD1-seed2=
| RD1-team2=4enix forters
| RD1-score2=Rd2

The score1 and score2 field are actually for the 3rd and 4th teams on each bracket.
bilbo baggins
Round Winner

Post by bilbo baggins »

not sure how many of our players can show up, im guessing 7, under the assumption that this is quite flexible in terms of having subs we can pick up a player or 2 later?

anyone wanting to sub talk to me :)