Team Sumo Tournament

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Team Sumo Tournament

Post by Concord »

Brackets

The starting time is 18:00 GMT.

1 team advances each pool in the Opening round
2 teams advance from the Semifinals
This is how the TST has always worked, so nothing new.

IMPORTANT for some of you: because their are only two EU servers, the EU opening round will be split. The bottom two pools on the bracket will begin in their assigned servers as soon as the other opening round finishes. This is clearly marked on the bracket itself. The later playing teams should be in their servers at 18:30 in order to make sure this goes as fast as possible.

For those teams who signed up after the 32 teams had filled up, be ready to sub in for people who no show. It is almost a certainty that some will.

disclaimer: I didn't organize this event or randomize it, I just came in to format everything. I'm not administering this tournament.
dreadlord
Match Winner

Post by dreadlord »

So, if you only stepped in for soul and dawg, why do you remove some teams without asking? The sign-ups were not officially locked, so I don't see a reason to remove us from the wiki without saying anything at all.
Rudycantfail
Average Program

Post by Rudycantfail »

you should leave the extra teams as subs, theres always a few teams that dont show up anyway.
-Just another fortress nerd.
RoterBaron1337
Core Dumper

Post by RoterBaron1337 »

So me and dread are out? cause we were too late? too late for what? for 32 teams max? its not mentioned once that this tournament will be only hold for 32 teams, i can understand that you remove, but the idea with getting the 4 teams half a hour eariler and let them fight for the last spot on us would be really the real way to deal with this situation, the 16th spot on US was free no one picked it, just because andrei and cyclo were faster they are not supposed to get that ticket, they added as 17th team on euro and are not in charge of getting that position for no reason whatsoever. try to get it done, handle it better instead of deleting teams and not give them a chance. you cant just delete teams when the signups were still up, even tho the "tournament holder" wasnt there, the signups would have closed like 3 days earlier and we were signed up 5 days earlier..

you know some people got teamspots by making his own team with no teammate and refilling his teammate like 2-3 days ago, those players are still in even tho they added up later, that shit should be removed and not players who wait until we get a 100% yes from the other teammate, if you look at those fake alias names, how many do you think will come? ofc we could sub, but what if only 2 teams are not there? what happens to the 3rd team who got deleted? this aint fair and u didnt really think about it.
Kappa
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

RoterBaron1337 wrote:So me and dread are out? cause we were too late? too late for what? for 32 teams max? its not mentioned once that this tournament will be only hold for 32 teams, i can understand that you remove, but the idea with getting the 4 teams half a hour eariler and let them fight for the last spot on us would be really the real way to deal with this situation, the 16th spot on US was free no one picked it, just because andrei and cyclo were faster they are not supposed to get that ticket, they added as 17th team on euro and are not in charge of getting that position for no reason whatsoever. try to get it done, handle it better instead of deleting teams and not give them a chance. you cant just delete teams when the signups were still up, even tho the "tournament holder" wasnt there, the signups would have closed like 3 days earlier and we were signed up 5 days earlier..

you know some people got teamspots by making his own team with no teammate and refilling his teammate like 2-3 days ago, those players are still in even tho they added up later, that shit should be removed and not players who wait until we get a 100% yes from the other teammate, if you look at those fake alias names, how many do you think will come? ofc we could sub, but what if only 2 teams are not there? what happens to the 3rd team who got deleted? this aint fair and u didnt really think about it.
I was one of the team with only one player and I removed myself before time up for registration.
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

RoterBaron1337 wrote:So me and dread are out? cause we were too late? too late for what? for 32 teams max? its not mentioned once that this tournament will be only hold for 32 teams, i can understand that you remove, but the idea with getting the 4 teams half a hour eariler and let them fight for the last spot on us would be really the real way to deal with this situation, the 16th spot on US was free no one picked it, just because andrei and cyclo were faster they are not supposed to get that ticket, they added as 17th team on euro and are not in charge of getting that position for no reason whatsoever. try to get it done, handle it better instead of deleting teams and not give them a chance. you cant just delete teams when the signups were still up, even tho the "tournament holder" wasnt there, the signups would have closed like 3 days earlier and we were signed up 5 days earlier..

I mean, I'm pretty sure he and orion did the brackets when no one else was. There was pretty much a common concensus that there was going to be 32 teams due to lack of sign ups. Not trying to be rude, but there was a limit and your team still should show up. Odds are there will be a not full team for either bracket that will need subbed for. Yes, he probably should have moved them to subs, but he didn't and it wasn't even the tournament runner who did it. If you were guys were desperate for a spot you should have signed up for the guaranteed US spot that was available. Again, I don't see why this is an issue.

Oh, also does this mean the tournament starts at 2pm est? If so I might be able to sneak in playing for someone. :)
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
Concord

Post by Concord »

I didn't remove anyone from the brackets. I just took the randomization I was given and formatted it. Take it up with the people running this tournament.
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

I think it was clear that it was 32 teams on a first come first serve basis, however still unclear as to why the start time has been moved to an hour later
How were the brackets randomised?
I do think it's better to have simultaneous semis though :done:
Soul
Match Winner

Post by Soul »

Just to make a few things clear, this is J-Dawg's tournament. I was simply helping him with a few things so anyone who pm'd me with questions should ask him (or now concord and orion).
vov
Match Winner

Post by vov »

J Dawg (page 3 on this thread) wrote:Soul and I decided that we will extend the sign ups until the 17th, assuring we fill up our brackets, but spots are limited so sign up fast!
That strongly implies the 32 team limit considering the posts before that one. Some others also agreed with 17:45GMT starting time, 18:00 isn't far off of that.

Thanks to Orion and Concord for doing brackets! :)
Concord

Post by Concord »

only 1 server is up at the moment. I suspect the ct's will all come up simultaneously, so this is reminder to you others.
J Dawg
Round Winner

Post by J Dawg »

Ok, for starters, I want to thank concord for his help,as I have succumb to some deaths in I'm family, and I was going to consider pushing this to next Sunday, but since concord did some great initiative, we will have it tomorrow.

That said. I intended on making this 32 teams, and stated that if sign ups close and we are not yet full, then as long as someone posts on thistopicthat they signed up, then they should be allowed to play. I see some signed up as a 17th team, and sorry guys, but rules are rules, and I gave u guys plenty of time to sign up. If a team no shows and you want your team to play, then I will substitute your team I place of the missing team.

As for servers, yes, everyone always puts there servers up the day before. Not a big issue, and everyone who does donate is also a global moderator. Also, No eu servers? Please, theo has his he can donate, and sine wave aot uk should work too, but its donating, not giving, so understand why we are short on eu servers.

Again, I'm so so sorry about this, I really wanted this to come out better than expected, but things have there own way of interrupting life. I will be there tomorrow on Irc and the grid for anyone wishing to complain comment on anything that is going on.

Again, thank you so much concord for doing the bracket, I owe you big time. And I hope you guys all have fun tomorrow, you all deserve this tourney after waiting for such a long time.
Last edited by J Dawg on Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Sorry for your loss, J-Dawg. Praying for you and your family...
vov
Match Winner

Post by vov »

@J-Dawg: Shit that sucks man! Hope you'll get through that well!

About the tourney, would we have enough servers to play the opening round in one go (4 servers per continent), or will we only have 2 EUs and have to do it in 2 steps there?
J Dawg
Round Winner

Post by J Dawg »

Well as I said before I can't force someone to donate a server, I can ask for sure which in the past I have and sometimes they do and sometimes they dont, Ill see if I can contact sine.wav, theo, or maybe jip and see if they have a extra server to set up so people are not waiting.

In the case that they cant donate servers, we will have no choice but to wait :( or play on a server not being used (US Servers)
ImageImageImageImageImage