[AFL] Feedback & News/Updates - PLAYOFF BRACKETS ARE UP!!!!!

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Re: [AFL] Feedback & News/Updates

Post by compguygene »

RoterBaron1337 wrote:Hey Durka, keep up the great work and improving armagetron since u invented the team sumo bar with my help and never mentioned me ( i dont really know why but w/e) u are doing a great job with nice stats savings and such! i hope people will keep up with the stats saving, it can show some nice statistics and keep on tracks who is whom nemesis

For those who don't know this, to the best of my knowledge (please correct me if I am wrong), Durka created the original TST config, a version of which is used by servers like CT OpenSumo, Wild West TeamSumo, and was used by the now gone ID TeamSumo.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by DDMJ »

Monkey wrote:I agree about 8v8. If we are going to alter the number of players we may as well have 8v8 as an option because it gives an even number of sweepers/attackers on each side.
But what if a team wants do have 5 attackers and only 3 defenders?

7v7 forms a nice, even looking grind :P
compguygene wrote:
RoterBaron1337 wrote:Hey Durka, keep up the great work and improving armagetron since u invented the team sumo bar with my help and never mentioned me ( i dont really know why but w/e) u are doing a great job with nice stats savings and such! i hope people will keep up with the stats saving, it can show some nice statistics and keep on tracks who is whom nemesis

For those who don't know this, to the best of my knowledge (please correct me if I am wrong), Durka created the original TST config, a version of which is used by servers like CT OpenSumo, Wild West TeamSumo, and was used by the now gone ID TeamSumo.
That's just Roter being Roter, ignore him haha
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

7v7 is a big change from 6v6. 8v8 is a HUGE change in gameplay. If we're going to increase the team_max_players, let's baby step it
Fippmam
Round Winner

Post by Fippmam »

Titanoboa wrote:7v7 is a big change from 6v6. 8v8 is a HUGE change in gameplay. If we're going to increase the team_max_players, let's baby step it
So what you're saying is 11v11?
RoterBaron1337
Core Dumper

Post by RoterBaron1337 »

compguygene wrote:

That's just Roter being Roter, ignore him haha[/quote]

i love you too durk <3, haha i know it like it was yesterday, you said something in this line: i have a good idea about a new sumo mode - durka left the game. and in the next days u released teams in sumo

OT: 8v8 for 2nd season of AFL? idea?
Kappa
woof
Round Winner

Post by woof »

7v7 is good and due to the fact that we used it the first weekend, it should be kept consistent throughout the duration of the AFL (at least this season).
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

Fippmam wrote:
Titanoboa wrote:7v7 is a big change from 6v6. 8v8 is a HUGE change in gameplay. If we're going to increase the team_max_players, let's baby step it
11v11 is laggy fipp.
Renegade
Core Dumper

Post by Renegade »

Fippmam wrote:
Why not 8 v 8 v 8 v 8
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

Yeah 99999v99999

go
dreadlord
Match Winner

Post by dreadlord »

Titanoboa wrote:Yeah 99999v99999

go
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

Durka wrote:7v7 forms a nice, even looking grind :P
Doesn't the defender not grind up with the rest though? That is why 6v6 or 8v8 are actually even grinds, not 7v7. Please tell me if I am missing something.
Titanoboa wrote:8v8 is a HUGE change in gameplay. If we're going to increase the team_max_players, let's baby step it
I disagree that 8v8 is a huge change in gameplay, especially when compared to 7v7. Firstly, as stated above, 8v8 is an even grind, like 6v6. Secondly, a few years ago, 8v8 was considered the norm and we even played this way in the Ladle. The only reason it got changed to 6v6 was because of lag; again, please correct me if I'm wrong.
The only possible problems I see are that of 1) having enough people in teams/clans and 2) lag.
Playing since December 2006
woof
Round Winner

Post by woof »

Monkey some teams couldn't field seven players...upping it would only
excaserbate the sithation.
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

I agree with you wolf. I am saying that the gameplay isn't that different going from 6v6 to 8v8 compared with going from 6v6 to 7v7. I am aware and fully acknowledge the problem of getting eight people to show up for each team/clan, as I stated in my previous post.

This also brings me back to my point about having the same number of people in Ladle matches as AFL matches. If that were the case then clans/teams would be better prepared for them. I know that many people disagreed with me about this but if you look at the AFL roster, only one out of the ten teams is not a regular Ladle clan/team.
Playing since December 2006
DDMJ

Post by DDMJ »

I disagree. I would safely say that MOST Ladle teams have at least 1 sub sitting in spec. It's not like all the teams have exactly 6 players.
dreadlord
Match Winner

Post by dreadlord »

When will the servers for today be added to the schedule?