SBX - Sumo Bar Experience [ Sunday Aug 18 ] [Brackets Up!]

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

asdfasdf
On Lightcycle Grid

Re: SBX - Sumo Bar Experience [ Sunday Aug 11 ]

Post by asdfasdf »

:(. Why?

(the minimum number of characters you need to enter is 21)
woof
Round Winner

Post by woof »

Because I will most likely not make it if it is pushed back.
asdfasdf
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by asdfasdf »

Oh, okay, that makes sense. Whatever, I hope we do more sumo tourneys in the future because I've missed the last two.
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

Well, the CTF community had just agreed to make it alternating days so that we could have more variety of players play in the BRAWL. The main reason it was switched to Sundays was that purpose. The alternating months were meant to get more people from Australia/Asia involved in it. It kind of seems weird that now that we finally have a designated time for it, it would be pushed back.

By the way, I'm all for two tournaments on the same day, my only request would be finding a way to make it so that they don't overlap. (BRAWL and ISL had this conflict when it was around I believe? I don't remember. I know having to leave BRAWL finals for a sumo event because it wasn't pushed back at all (not sure if it was?) and I was forced with both options of letting one team down or the other).

The BRAWL community opted to make it alternating (after discussions... sorta...) just a couple weeks ago, so it should have priority. Seems fair, doesn't it?
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

What if brawl started at 12pm est like it used too... Then there shouldnt be a problem.. its only 4 teams... or 5 with OPT... shouldnt take more than 1 hr or 1 1/2..

And make the SBT at 1:45pm est ... 17:45gmt
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

Last time Sumo took adventage from CTF and Brawl players had to leave the finals to play that tournament. I think, if Light likes the arma community like he seems, he should respect the Brawl time and day. The last Brawl (played on sunday) got a good amount of teams to play in.
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

orion wrote:Last time Sumo took adventage from CTF and Brawl players had to leave the finals to play that tournament. I think, if Light likes the arma community like he seems, he should respect the Brawl time and day. The last Brawl (played on sunday) got a good amount of teams to play in.
Thats why i just said, we could push the tournament back till 1:45..17:45gmt, and brawl start at 16:00gmt like it used to.
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

Sorry, I was gone all day, so I wasn't able to respond sooner.
Gazelle wrote:Thats why i just said, we could push the tournament back till 1:45..17:45gmt, and brawl start at 16:00gmt like it used to.
I was thinking about something like this. I mean, you can't go a whole lot later because the EU players are like 5 hours ahead of us, but up to an hour in each direction shouldn't hurt anyone. That would give Brawl more than enough time to finish for the amount of people who have signed up.
asdfasdf wrote:Oh, okay, that makes sense. Whatever, I hope we do more sumo tourneys in the future because I've missed the last two.
If everything goes well, I will host more in the future. Maybe a monthly or every other month (is there a word for that?) tournament. This is attempt 1, so I guess all I can do is improve from here.
orion wrote:Brawl started be on Sundays around 1 year ago now... Apparently Light didnt check this info.
Anyway I dont mind about it and I wont discuss about it, if you want get both tournaments together
I'm aware they played on Sundays, but now they've gone to playing both Saturday and Sunday. If they plan to play Sunday next month, hopefully we can work something out to make them not overlap. I don't think it's necessary to move it a whole week for a tournament that likely won't last more than an hour.

I also don't like the idea of changing the date that much after people have begun to sign up. Then we run the chance of having players that won't be able to make it or have not noticed it changed. I know it's quite a bit in advanced, but it still seems like a lot for such a small problem. With changing times a little bit, we could easily have the two on the same day, and that is much less likely to cause any problems for people.
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

The Brawl we had a conflict Tru pushed it 1 hour earlier and it wasnt enought because that brawl took more than 2 hours (it had around 5 teams). The last brawl has like 9 teams? or something around it.

Light, last brawls ended around 19-20 GMT. I still dont understand whats the big problem on move up it 1 week, there are only around 10 players signed up yet and you opened it today.
Light

Post by Light »

orion wrote:The Brawl we had a conflict Tru pushed it 1 hour earlier and it wasnt enought because that brawl took more than 2 hours (it had around 5 teams). The last brawl has like 9 teams? or something around it.

Light, last brawls ended around 19-20 GMT. I still dont understand whats the big problem on move up it 1 week, there are only around 10 players signed up yet and you opened it today.
So the 3rd Sunday of each month is completely unused right now?
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Orion !!!! It took so long last time, because people couldnt get their shit together...

There is no reason to move the tournament back Light, mainly because there is a lack of teams signing up for BRAWL anyways... and sorry, half of those players dont even play SUMO... so??? there shouldnt be that big of a problem.
Light

Post by Light »

Gazelle wrote:Orion !!!! It took so long last time, because people couldnt get their shit together...

There is no reason to move the tournament back Light, mainly because there is a lack of teams signing up for BRAWL anyways... and sorry, half of those players dont even play SUMO... so??? there shouldnt be that big of a problem.
Well, I won't do the moving back month(s) thing. I was against moving the week as well, but if the 3rd Sunday isn't used by others, maybe we could claim it? :P

And I kind'a look at it the same way you did, except I don't like to make people choose. I would rather, if we're going to have it on the same day, each push the opposite direction an hour and give them two hours for Brawl, which should be plenty for the amount signed up.

But, now I'm sorta thinkin' if we can have a day designated for SBX, we may have less problems in the future as well.

Who would be for or against having the tournament on the 3rd Sunday of the month?
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

Light wrote:
orion wrote:The Brawl we had a conflict Tru pushed it 1 hour earlier and it wasnt enought because that brawl took more than 2 hours (it had around 5 teams). The last brawl has like 9 teams? or something around it.

So the 3rd Sunday of each month is completely unused right now?
Yes complety
Nanu Nanu
Core Dumper

Post by Nanu Nanu »

I would much rather have Brawl and SBX on different days. Both tournaments would interfere with each other. Now SBX could be moved to the third Sunday, or since Brawl is now alternating days, I don't see why SBX couldn't alternate the opposite days if you really want to have them both during the second weekend. I wouldn't want to miss one tournament because I'm playing another.
Prema wrote:The second match starts, a new beginning,
Nanu and Prema, Sui and Ninja,
versus those same old hoes grinning.
Light

Post by Light »

Nanu Nanu wrote:I would much rather have Brawl and SBX on different days. Both tournaments would interfere with each other. Now SBX could be moved to the third Sunday, or since Brawl is now alternating days, I don't see why SBX couldn't alternate the opposite days if you really want to have them both during the second weekend. I wouldn't want to miss one tournament because I'm playing another.
I was originally going to do Saturday, but 64 people seemed like a lot for a Saturday to pull together. So, with the 3rd Sunday being unused, it sounds like the easiest choice would be to take it.

I hope this doesn't stop anyone from being able to play, but I will change the date to Sunday, August 18, 2013 and this should clear up all of these problems.

If any other tournaments happen to interfere with the times now, I think we're just gonna stick to it. I don't want this to be like Major and get put back for months. If everything goes well, I'll try to host this more and keep to the 3rd Sunday of the month.