SBX - Sumo Bar Experience [ Sunday Aug 18 ] [Brackets Up!]

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

SBX - Sumo Bar Experience [ Sunday Aug 18 ] [Brackets Up!]

Post by Light »

Date has been changed to August 18th!

A New Tournament
Basically, this is SBT with a new name. The settings and rules taken from it, as Cody quit hosting them and gave us everything needed to host them.

Players
If we cannot reach the 64 players that SBT had, we can drop it down to 32. I was going to do this to start it off, but I figured by the time I did, it would fill up quickly and have to change it anyway. I guess we'll find out. :)

Servers
If we cannot get enough servers donated, the ones missing will be added as US servers as this is all I can currently add myself. Hopefully a few people can help out in donating servers so this isn't a problem, but one way or another, we'll have the servers we need.

Also, there is a server up and running with the settings. If you're familiar with SBT, it's the same as you'd expect to see there.

Tournament Information
Hosted On: Sunday August 18, 2013
Wiki: http://wiki.armagetronad.org/index.php/SBX
Countdown: http://lightron.tk/Tournament

Anything you think should be changed or added? Let me know here with a reply and we can discuss. This is my first time hosting a tournament, so lets hope it turns out well. Please, only sign up if you can be there on time.
Last edited by Light on Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
J Dawg
Round Winner

Re: SBX - Sumo Bar Experience

Post by J Dawg »

Light thanks so much for hosting a SBT! it I really great, However, Most of the community cannot do Saturdays for tournaments, maybe if it was moved to sunday?
ImageImageImageImageImage
Light

Post by Light »

J Dawg wrote:Light thanks so much for hosting a SBT! it I really great, However, Most of the community cannot do Saturdays for tournaments, maybe if it was moved to sunday?
I wondered if that would be a problem, but with all the other tournaments hosted on Sundays, you got an idea for a date?
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Light wrote:
J Dawg wrote:Light thanks so much for hosting a SBT! it I really great, However, Most of the community cannot do Saturdays for tournaments, maybe if it was moved to sunday?
I wondered if that would be a problem, but with all the other tournaments hosted on Sundays, you got an idea for a date?
There is not currently a tournament set for August 11th.. and brawl most likely could be played on Saturday. we are doing it this month, no reason why we cant next month as well.
Light

Post by Light »

Gazelle wrote:
Light wrote:
There is not currently a tournament set for August 11th.. and brawl most likely could be played on Saturday. we are doing it this month, no reason why we cant next month as well.
Alright. I'll swap the dates then.
woof
Round Winner

Re: SBX - Sumo Bar Experience [ Sunday Aug 11 ]

Post by woof »

Saturday is good :). Thanks for hosting this!
Light

Post by Light »

woof wrote:Saturday is good :). Thanks for hosting this!
I swapped it to Sunday since nothing is scheduled then. I didn't expect it to be that easy to get a Sunday for it.
Soul
Match Winner

Post by Soul »

Cool. Thanks for hosting this Light!
Fippmam
Round Winner

Post by Fippmam »

Woot, this is awesome Light! :D
woof
Round Winner

Post by woof »

Oh okay! You're the man light :star:
vov
Match Winner

Post by vov »

Hey, more tourneys! I'm still for a change on kill detection in sumobars though since I always get kills for not doing anything to those players :P.
Bytes
Round Winner

Post by Bytes »

Hey vov, you just need to put Kill_Hax 0 into the console :P
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

Perhaps Concord can chime in with the customized ZONE_INFLUENCE settings that he came up with. That is why those settings exist.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

vov wrote:Hey, more tourneys! I'm still for a change on kill detection in sumobars though since I always get kills for not doing anything to those players :P.
In the TTT the price for the kills were high when the prices for the zone not so high (if we compare with sumo bar). //i'm not criticizing

As sumo is very messy, some people will die and some others will get kills (like vov :P).

My opinion would be to give greater value to survival than kills. But thats my opinion...
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

Based on the new standards for dates, the CTF BRAWL will be played on the 11th next month. Just food for thought there.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.