Sumo Bar Tournament 7 | TBD

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Sumo Bar Tournament 7 | TBD | ON HOLD

Post by Cody »

I haven't been around so I don't know what goes on here.

Since I don't plan on being around and multiple people said they would take over this tournament if I showed them how. I'm just going to make this tournament open so you guys can continue this without me and the community can debate about dates & times.
Last edited by Cody on Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Renegade
Core Dumper

Re: How to host a Sumo Bar Tournament.

Post by Renegade »

I'd be willing to put in time to have this on a convenient date in September
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

Renegade wrote:I'd be willing to put in time to have this on a convenient date in September
If needed, I can help getting it together and stuff. Also, I can host the configs and put in a server like usual. But, I can also help out with the wiki and everything as well.

I wouldn't say there's a need for two months in advanced though. Maybe early to mid August?
woof
Round Winner

Post by woof »

Light wrote:
Renegade wrote:I'd be willing to put in time to have this on a convenient date in September
If needed, I can help getting it together and stuff. Also, I can host the configs and put in a server like usual. But, I can also help out with the wiki and everything as well.

I wouldn't say there's a need for two months in advanced though. Maybe early to mid August?
Yes please before the school year starts :).
Concord

Post by Concord »

the sumo bar major is a very similar tournament which is in August. (already delayed two months because of hackers and AFL).
Light

Post by Light »

Concord wrote:the sumo bar major is a very similar tournament which is in August. (already delayed two months because of hackers and AFL).
That's a bit different than one open to anyone. I couldn't see it being a problem as the people who worked for it won't purposely miss out, I'm sure. Plus, it would probably be on a different weekend than Major anyway.

I also stopped paying attention to it because it just seemed like a bunch of trouble. Database backups and basic injection prevention ain't too hard, and he could have stuck with the date and let AFL deal with it since it was posted first and had gotten attention of users for the given date. But obvious problems gone to begin with, it would have been out before AFL.
Concord

Post by Concord »

it was just the one jerk that spammed false reports on the old site that caused problems.

it's open to 64 players. exactly the same as the sbt. furthermore, those 64 are determined by skill, not first come first serve, which should make for higher level of competition and a better tournament. it's also seeded.
woof
Round Winner

Post by woof »

Concord wrote:it's open to 64 players
On the site it says 32 (top 24 from tour and 8 from qualifier). Is this changing?
Concord

Post by Concord »

the qualifier is the 25-64. 8 from those forty advance to the final 32. consider it the opening rounds.
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Cody »

Concord wrote: it's open to 64 players. exactly the same as the sbt. furthermore, those 64 are determined by skill, not first come first serve, which should make for higher level of competition and a better tournament. it's also seeded.
Every SBT so far has produced a well rounded final and the winners have been veterans in the sumo community and deserving of their title.

In fact I find it funny that the Sumo Bar Major Top 24 that are garenteened a spot, is mainly based on how people do in 1v1 tours, since that seems to be the most popular way to gain "elo" and we know a 1v1 is different from a 1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1

but then again, I really don't care, to me tron has taken a nose dive when it comes to keeping my interests, maybe this is because the people I'm use to playing the game with are never on anymore, then again I have a busy life as well. So this is mah gift to all you guys, SBT able to ran by the community.
Concord

Post by Concord »

chill bro. it's not a competition.

well it is, but you know what I mean.
Tre
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Tre »

Xyron won and he wasn't in ct. At least, not when he won

Anyway I'd say it's R's turn anyway
You can wait... You win basically every other tourney on the planet
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

No they dont TRE Rogue is bad, and fipp won that TTT cause WOLF (RD) carried him.. we all know that :p
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Sumo Bar Tournament 7 | August 11th | TBA

Post by Cody »

Putting this back on, since I got all those emails <3 I feel so loved.
Gazelle
Match Winner

Re: Sumo Bar Tournament 7 | August 11th | TBA

Post by Gazelle »

Cody wrote:Putting this back on, since I got all those emails <3 I feel so loved.
Oh cool, but wont it interfere with Lights??