CTF BRAWL 29 [ Sunday, June 9th ] - Brackets Posted

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

ElmosWorld
Match Winner

CTF BRAWL 29 [ Sunday, June 9th ] - Brackets Posted

Post by ElmosWorld »

The CTF BRAWL 29 will be played on Sunday, June 9th, 2013!

http://wiki.armagetronad.org/index.php/CTF_BRAWL

Brackets Posted!

I've got no problem resetting the Challenge Board every month, but if people are going to complain and blame me that no one's around to admin the day of the event, I will stop. Ideally this should be just like Ladle, where people are able to handle the problems themselves.

I'm not sure which servers carry over from month to month, so I just moved the ones that were used to the comments, so if you wouldn't mind lending your server again, please move it back or let me know and I can move it back.

Also I believe it was 16 that he said he could host the authorities file? If that's still the case, great, I will get that to you when the brackets are done. Otherwise we would need someone else to host it, so the problem that happened last time doesn't happen again.

glhf
Last edited by ElmosWorld on Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Venijn
Round Winner

Re: CTF BRAWL 29 [ Sunday, June 9th ]

Post by Venijn »

Yeah I think it's gonna be hosted on our site, so its no problem.
Click. Image

Peat
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Peat »

At 16's request, I'm hosting an EU server for you. Just so you don't get any false expectations, "Lagless" is meant to be ironic, particularly for US players :)

F0RC3
Core Dumper

Post by F0RC3 »

Thank you for doing this this time elmo. We appreciate it :).

Core Dumper

Post by *16 »

We already have 2 servers, but I think we'll need 2 more. Anyone able to put in a server? (There are still other old Brawl servers up, can those owners make them free?)

Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

*16 wrote:We already have 2 servers, but I think we'll need 2 more. Anyone able to put in a server? (There are still other old Brawl servers up, can those owners make them free?)
The auth file shouldn't exist yet, right?
http://ix.lv-vl.net/ctfbrawl29_authorities.cfg

Added a server.

Lowkey
Core Dumper

Post by Lowkey »

I can host a US server if needed?

Core Dumper

Post by *16 »

Light wrote:The auth file shouldn't exist yet, right?
http://ix.lv-vl.net/ctfbrawl29_authorities.cfg
Nope, it doesn't exist yet, I'll make the auth file when brackets are done, server owners should update then, put i'll put the right link in there already.

Light

Post by Light »

*16 wrote:Nope, it doesn't exist yet, I'll make the auth file when brackets are done, server owners should update then, put i'll put the right link in there already.
Alright, then mine will update itself. :) Just wanted to double check.

Peat
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Peat »

Light wrote:
*16 wrote:Nope, it doesn't exist yet, I'll make the auth file when brackets are done, server owners should update then, put i'll put the right link in there already.
Alright, then mine will update itself. :) Just wanted to double check.
Just in case you missed 16's meaning (its not clear from your post and worth double checking), he's just changed the link on the wiki now to the place where the authorities will now be - a different repository, one which we actually have access to. So don't leave it as the lv-vl.net one and expect it to update.

Light

Post by Light »

Peat wrote:Just in case you missed 16's meaning (its not clear from your post and worth double checking), he's just changed the link on the wiki now to the place where the authorities will now be - a different repository, one which we actually have access to. So don't leave it as the lv-vl.net one and expect it to update.
Ah, gotcha. Updated. (:

Core Dumper

Post by *16 »

Thanks for clarifying Peat :)

Yeah, Sorry Light that wasn't really clear. :)

DaGarBBaGeMAN
Core Dumper

Post by DaGarBBaGeMAN »

Quick question- What did we decide after that discussion about Brawl's times - is it always going to be on Sunday now, is it going to alternate, is there a chance that it's going back to Saturdays, or is it still undecided? I know there have already been a couple conflicts caused by Brawl being moved to Sunday and overlapping with another tourney.
Image -made by az95

Nanu Nanu
Core Dumper

Post by Nanu Nanu »

Here's an older thread discussing it: http://forums3.armagetronad.net/viewtop ... 60&t=22993
As you can see, it was never really resolved, so I guess everyone decided to keep it on Sunday until something else was agreed on. Tobe had an interesting idea, but I think it would still cause confusion. I think the past 2 or 3 brawls everyone has been pretty confused because of the time change in the US (I think everyone's on the same page now). We could always start up a new poll to see what idea people like most.
Prema wrote:The second match starts, a new beginning,
Nanu and Prema, Sui and Ninja,
versus those same old hoes grinning.

Wind
Core Dumper

Post by Wind »

I was happy to see that these tournaments were still going, hopefully this brawl will be as fun as I remember them to be
See you all on the grid!
Proud leader of ~'Untitled Clan
http://www.uclan.darkbb.com