Sumo league - discussion, interest, brainstorming

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Fippmam
Round Winner

Re: Sumo league - discussion, interest, brainstorming

Post by Fippmam »

Shock wrote:Lovely idea, Orion.
but there could also be something a bit more tempting to gain high points! i.e. use it to determine eligibility for some tourney, dgm fort lessons, etc.
Hahaha, that'd be awesome.

Makes sense though. There should be a super ultra mega dope-a-rific sumo/fort tournament that only the highest scoring players can participate in. Maybe if something like this exists, I'll actually be inclined to get points :D
Fippmam
Round Winner

Post by Fippmam »

This is awesome btw. More fun than elo ever was imo
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

My big problem is that there won't be any adjustments to points after a dispute. A person with 600 points can report a win against a 1500, take all those points and suddenly the 1500 is SoL. It's just slap 50 points from each and carry on with your day. Have been discussing this with Concord over the dispute of the WST match that Gaz had reported with only me on a team. I lost 600 points from that report (all that was done was the loss was removed from my record), and on top of that lose 50 for the dispute. Won't get the 600 back either. Pretty much get shafted in that terms.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
Soul
Match Winner

Post by Soul »

Overrated wrote:My big problem is that there won't be any adjustments to points after a dispute. A person with 600 points can report a win against a 1500, take all those points and suddenly the 1500 is SoL. It's just slap 50 points from each and carry on with your day. Have been discussing this with Concord over the dispute of the WST match that Gaz had reported with only me on a team. I lost 600 points from that report (all that was done was the loss was removed from my record), and on top of that lose 50 for the dispute. Won't get the 600 back either. Pretty much get shafted in that terms.

I don't really understand why you would lose both 600 and then 50 points. Seems like it should be one or the other. But w/e it's Concord's rules.
Last edited by Soul on Sun May 26, 2013 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Concord »

If people are jerks enough to abuse it, then it will be taken down. I'm not going to waste my time making something jerk-proof. I'm also not going to waste my time running around fixing all the mistakes you make with a simple procedure. This is a community. People should have a code of decent behavior. If you want something perfect, pay me for my time and I will put something together. Otherwise stop complaining.
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Simple misunderstanding thats all guys, 50 pts isnt that big of a deal.. nor is 600 to be honest..

Today i went from 1600--->1125--->1638 all in one day.. so suck it up and just move on, arguing over it isnt getting anyone anywhere.. If u just played and stopped worrying about it, it will all go away.

I dont see why people are causing such a big fuss over absolutely nothing.
vov
Match Winner

Post by vov »

We played an sbt match today, we all asked for everyone to sign up and to agree it was for the tour etc., after the match though we found out that connor has not signed up for it. Would it be legit to add him to the list and count the match, since he knew it was for the tour? Or does it get dropped? Or do we enter the match with 7 players?
Concord

Post by Concord »

matches without 8 players are invalid (and lead to 50 point penalties), so don't do the last thing you mention.

the best thing to do is to have him sign up before the match, but obviously it's too late for that.
the second best thing to do is to not report it at all.
if he sign-ups quickly (like immediately) enough after the match, then reporting it with all 8 players is okay.

The important thing is to have accurate reports that are reported immediately after matches finish.
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

vov wrote:We played an sbt match today, we all asked for everyone to sign up and to agree it was for the tour etc., after the match though we found out that connor has not signed up for it. Would it be legit to add him to the list and count the match, since he knew it was for the tour? Or does it get dropped? Or do we enter the match with 7 players?
This is what happened with mr and vein in the match I've been complaining about, if Gaz had asked before reporting (like you had), this never would have been an issue.
Gazelle wrote:Simple misunderstanding thats all guys, 50 pts isnt that big of a deal.. nor is 600 to be honest..

Today i went from 1600--->1125--->1638 all in one day.. so suck it up and just move on, arguing over it isnt getting anyone anywhere.. If u just played and stopped worrying about it, it will all go away.

I dont see why people are causing such a big fuss over absolutely nothing.
It's a matter of principle. If you are going to punish someone else for another's mistake (I personally think it should be made that 3 people for each team HAS to be registered in order to report it...), then it's not fair. For me to lose that many points on one misreport, there is obviously something more wrong with the point layout. It's an awkward point system and you can make points up really fast. My main issue is this you're shit out of luck attitude that Concord is putting forth. If he's going to be promoting this "tour" then he should be willing to put forth the effort to fix the points that were lost by disputes. If a match should have never been counted, then points should never have been lost.

Edit: Fake reports could be done near the tourney deadline and the people who just lost the 1300 are now screwed over.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Concord

Post by Concord »

you lost so many points because you were entered as a full war sumo team (with no teammates).

In War sumo each player's base score is 3 * [ his rating / his teams total rating ]. Since you were your entire team, your loss counted 3x as much as a normal loss does.

you need to accept responsibility for playing with unregistered teammates. You could have prevented this situation.

if people are going to be jerks and fake report (which no one has done yet, so I don't know why you keep bringing it up. So far you're the only person who has had real problems with the system) anyway if people are going to do that, it will be taken down.

furthermore, it's significantly more complicated to restore scores. What if between the time of the disputed match and the dispute resolution, you won another match. That match used your old score in the calculation. And that opponent's score took it into account as well. All the matches he plays are affected as well, and all his opponent's matches. It spreads through the ladder. One can't simply give you the points back. There's always going to be ways for people to break the rules if they want, so just don't do it.

if you're going to use the ladder, which you are welcome to do, then stop whining. No one is forcing you to play on it. No one is even asking you to play on it.
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

Concord wrote:you lost so many points because you were entered as a full war sumo team (with no teammates).
So why is that possible? It should be 3v3 and not allowed otherwise. Are you going to fix that?
Concord wrote:In War sumo each player's base score is 3 * [ his rating / his teams total rating ]. Since you were your entire team, your loss counted 3x as much as a normal loss does.

you need to accept responsibility for playing with unregistered teammates. You could have prevented this situation.
I know why I lost so many points, that part is obvious, but you act like I'm going to check everyone's status on the tour page. They agreed to the tour, so I believed they were signed up. Soul wasn't signed up so we had him sign up because we assumed everyone else was. Had I known they weren't (they pretty much SAID THEY WERE), I would have asked them to sign up or just say no to the tour otherwise. You're going to blame me when someone tells me they were registered?
Concord wrote:if people are going to be jerks and fake report (which no one has done yet, so I don't know why you keep bringing it up. So far you're the only person who has had real problems with the system) anyway if people are going to do that, it will be taken down.
It's really easy to make a fake forums account and report wins or losses to someone. It's really easy to abuse and make it so certain people won't make it. There are multiple ways this system is flawed right now, and you refuse to adjust it.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Concord

Post by Concord »

Overrated wrote:
Concord wrote:you lost so many points because you were entered as a full war sumo team (with no teammates).
So why is that possible? It should be 3v3 and not allowed otherwise. Are you going to fix that?
It already has been fixed
I know why I lost so many points, that part is obvious, but you act like I'm going to check everyone's status on the tour page. They agreed to the tour, so I believed they were signed up. Soul wasn't signed up so we had him sign up because we assumed everyone else was. Had I known they weren't (they pretty much SAID THEY WERE), I would have asked them to sign up or just say no to the tour otherwise. You're going to blame me when someone tells me they were registered?
I check to make sure they are signed up. They never said they were, you assumed they were. And you know what assuming does.
It's really easy to make a fake forums account and report wins or losses to someone. It's really easy to abuse and make it so certain people won't make it. There are multiple ways this system is flawed right now, and you refuse to adjust it.
Again, you're the only person who's even mentioned fake-reporting. No one except for you over has brought it up. It's easy to do it, no one is pretending it isn't. The ladder only has meaning if people are honest, and so far, people have been. Cheating is self-defeating.

You want a perfect cheat-proof system, you can either pay someone to do it or do it yourself. I'm trusting the community to use an open system responsibly, and so far it has worked. Ideally the system would be integrated with the server, so reports were automatic, but I don't have a server or the knowledge to do that.
Last edited by Concord on Sun May 26, 2013 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bilbo baggins
Round Winner

Post by bilbo baggins »

at the end of the day its just a game, and this is just a fun part of the game, who gives a flying f*** what there score is?? stop whining and play on
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

I bring it up, because I don't want you to respond with a "I'll take it down." I want justice for the people who would abuse it, and I would want all the guilty parties to be punished, not the community.

Anyway, I'm sorry for arguing over this and wasting both of our times. Just frustrated I got the shaft for the points is all.

I just expect to believe everyone when they say they're signed up if they agree to a tour match. I checked the next match right after though, to see if Magi and Rage were signed up when we played the match, and they were.

But anyway, sorry for arguing over this. Glad the error in the WST report thing was fixed, just need to calm down and stop getting angry over nothing. Feel like I'm expecting more than what I should be.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fippmam
Round Winner

Post by Fippmam »

Lol, someone just wrecked the rankings. Was bound to happen I suppose.

Fun while it lasted