Fortress For All - Open

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

vov
Match Winner

Re: Fortress For All - Open

Post by vov »

Thanks for the servers! :)
Let's see how this works out, seems interesting.
Fippmam
Round Winner

Post by Fippmam »

Haha, Vov is just happy it isn't a Cody tournament

Looking forward to this though
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

12 days left! Need more signups :) I don't want to have to reduce it to 48 to make 8 teams, so hop to it! :D
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean
J Dawg
Round Winner

Post by J Dawg »

I have a couple questions ratchet.

first, Is there a closing for signups, you know a deadline? I didn't see one.

Second, You explained that team leaders meets the day before to discuss drafts, I was under the impression we were assigned players at random. If we Draft Players, I feel like teams would be stacked, making the tourney kind of bad :/

:snail: :snail: :snail: :snail: :snail: :snail: :snail: :snail: :snail:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Bytes
Round Winner

Post by Bytes »

I don't see how you'd end up with stacked teams, it's as fair as pickup selection, only more so because picking order is properly sorted.
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

J Dawg wrote:I have a couple questions ratchet.

first, Is there a closing for signups, you know a deadline? I didn't see one.

Second, You explained that team leaders meets the day before to discuss drafts, I was under the impression we were assigned players at random. If we Draft Players, I feel like teams would be stacked, making the tourney kind of bad :/

:snail: :snail: :snail: :snail: :snail: :snail: :snail: :snail: :snail:
There is a closing for signups. The Thursday before the 19th. So, the 16th.

Team leaders will meet the day before and draft their teams, correct. Everyone will be assigned a draft number and their draft number will determine what picks they are given. Refer to:

Code: Select all

"Captain #1" 1, 24, 36, 37, 60
"Captain #2" 2, 23, 35, 38, 59
"Captain #3" 3, 22, 34, 39, 58
"Captain #4" 4, 21, 33, 40, 57
"Captain #5" 5, 20, 32, 41, 56
"Captain #6" 6, 19, 31, 42, 55
"Captain #7" 7, 18, 30, 43, 54
"Captain #8" 8, 17, 29, 44, 53
"Captain #9" 9, 16, 28, 45, 52
"Captain #10" 10, 15, 27, 46, 51
"Captain #11" 11, 14, 26, 47, 50
"Captain #12" 12, 13, 25, 48, 49 
Being assigned players at random would severely raise the odds of having a ridiculously stacked teams. If knowledgeable players are forced to pick their teams the odds of the teams being as even as possible is much greater. The reason being, everyone is going to pick the best possible player with the intent to win, and thus the best players should be evenly spread out.
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

Be properly prepared for the picking event, it'll get messy.
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

I think I made it rather fail proof so long as the captains come prepared :D I'm hoping they have a google account and/or know how to create one fairly quickly. I tried the picking method with epsy and kyle already and it seemed to be fairly straightforward so I'm hoping we can get through that rather easily.
Last edited by Ratchet on Mon May 13, 2013 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

Attention! We still need 17 players as of right now. Also, we need 8 more captains out of those 17 players. I advise anyone that is available to sign up for a captain, even if you are already signed up as a player you can still go back and add yourself as a captain. I don't want to be short!
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

Allllright ladies and gentlefellers. The Fortress-For-All signups will be closing in *TWO* days. The signups will end at ROUGHLY 8pm Central Time USA. That is GMT-5 right now. (or the DST equivalent of GMT, unsure)

We currently, as of this post, has 57 members and 5 Captains. The goal was 72 members and 12 captains. I'm going to shorten these figures for the sake of odds; seeing as it would be somewhat difficult to gain that many members in that short period of time. (We also need substitutes!)

Thus, the new figures (this is the first tournament - after all) will come down to 60 members, 10 captains, and 10 substitutes. Hopefully in the future we will be able to garner more interest, but perhaps a somewhat smaller scale is good for finding the errors and flaws with the tournament.

Also, everyone who signed up - PLEASE - take this time to make sure you are available on Sunday. If not, please remove yourself! I don't want to have the massive problem of people not showing up.

If you are a member already - we do need more captains! Please, sign up! :)

(I may have to sign myself up and be a captain - don't make me do that! I want to focus on organization!)
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

What time will the draft be on Saturday?
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

The drafting TIME will be determined when enough captains are signed up. I will propose a time to each of them and see at what point everyone can be online together. The draft should not take more than 20 minutes, or so I plan.

Also, in case this wasn't clear, ONLY CAPTAINS SHOW UP ON SATURDAY. Players are not required or allowed to be present during the drafting process - it is solely for captains. The teams will be posted on the wiki following the draft and then the players are more than welcome to practice with their respective teams Saturday/Sunday. However, only the captains need to be at the draft.
PyrrhicVictory
Average Program

Post by PyrrhicVictory »

I'm not sure if I can make it, so I signed up as sub instead. Would you prefer me not to sign up at all if I don't know about my availability?
Image You know where you'll find me.
Bytes
Round Winner

Post by Bytes »

1st to sign up, thought I couldn't go, and now second last. Would have felt pretty silly if I'd missed out...
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

A sub is perfectly fine, pyrrhic.

EDIT:
Signups are full! New signees; place yourself in the substitutes column!

Also, we need 4 EXISTING players to sign up as a Captain. Remember, captains need a google-linked email (or create one, 10 second process) and a little bit of time to draft your players at some point on saturday. That's it! Sign up :D