Ladle 69

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: Ladle 69

Post by Z-Man »

Opening and quarters on the quarter servers in one go (in case you haven't worked out the naming scheme, it's <loser opening round>_vs_<winner opening round>_vs_<team coming in from other server for quarter>.

oq_aotny_pfi_vs_red_vs_cibt.aarec 44536kb 6288s
oq_aotuk_pfl_vs_sp_vs_rev.aarec 48236kb 6370s
oq_ctusa_id_vs_tunk_vs_unkt.aarec 43056kb 5706s
oq_unk_oops_vs_wtcf_vs_rt.aarec 44380kb 6268s

And every time I do that, I remember later that I could just as easily have recorded the other quarters as well.
Tobe
Round Winner

Post by Tobe »

Congratz RD!
Z-Man wrote:And no, I don't feel that the streaming/video recording fully replaces the recordings.
There is definitely no replacement for the .aarec recordings since we can switch players, etc. To be honest though, I do enjoy the commentary as well. That's why I'm going to download the twitch stream recordings and have the audio play while I am watching the .aarec file 8)
<-- Proud co-leader of Rogue Tronners
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Tobe wrote:That's why I'm going to download the twitch stream recordings and have the audio play while I am watching the .aarec file 8)
Remind me during the next stream to specify the exact moment the match starts so you can sync the audio.
Tobe
Round Winner

Post by Tobe »

Thanks. I was going to ask actually but then I realized the .aarec skips the chat/wait times between rounds. So I had to fast forward the audio every 2 or 3 rounds so the two would be relatively in sync. Although, I still will appreciate knowing when the match starts. Some other twitch streams I watch also tend to put the timestamps of matches in the description or when they re-upload on YouTube. For instance, "Quarters 1: Team A vs Team B [ 0:55:23 ]".
<-- Proud co-leader of Rogue Tronners