Bowl 2 Discussion

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

sinewav
Graphic Artist

Bowl 2 Discussion

Post by sinewav »

So, if you guys want to have The Bowl, it should take place on 28 April. I ran the numbers and this is what the fully-seeded bracket will look like (Sorry Phoenix, it doesn't seem fair):

Code: Select all

Rogue Tronners     16.32
Revolver           10.46
Redemption         10.15
Meet Your Maker     7.56
RoadRunnerZ         5.63
Crazy Tronners      5.00
Team Unknown        1.97
Speeders            1.08
------------------------
Phoenix             0.96  :(

Rogue Tronners ___
                     |___
         Speeders ___|   |
                         |___
      RoadRunnerZ ___    |   |
                     |___|   |
  Meet Your Maker ___|       |
                             |___
       Redemption ___        |
                     |___    |
   Crazy Tronners ___|   |   |
                         |___|
     Team Unknown ___    |
                     |___|
         Revolver ___|
Now, there is still the matter of determining which individual players are eligible. You must have played for a team 5 times in the season, so teams with recent line-up changes my find themselves short-handed. Those who recently left teams might find that they are only eligible to play on the team they left. Playing on a 2nd squad does not count toward the 1st squad's results.

I'll put together a roster for each team later and if you guys find this arrangement acceptable, maybe we can have the event. Should be interesting.
Last edited by sinewav on Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pr3
Round Winner

Re: Ladle 68

Post by Pr3 »

sinewav wrote: You must have played for a team 5 times in the season.

Playing on a 2nd squad does not count toward the 1st squad's results.
I have an issue with these two rules. Because uNk.team and Team.uNk members alternate this rule puts some in the (4) played category. I'm sure we're not the only team/clan to have this problem with closer inspection of the rosters. Could we revise some of these rules to be more lenient?
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

Pr3 wrote:
sinewav wrote: You must have played for a team 5 times in the season.

Playing on a 2nd squad does not count toward the 1st squad's results.
I have an issue with these two rules. Because uNk.team and Team.uNk members alternate this rule puts some in the (4) played category. I'm sure we're not the only team/clan to have this problem with closer inspection of the rosters. Could we revise some of these rules to be more lenient?
There's no one this applies to. Both mr and vein played on Team.uNk 5 times(from ladles 63-67). When you only sign up 1 team(whether it is Team.uNk or uNk.Team) it counts as Team.uNk, from my interpretation at least.
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

Here are the rosters by my count; I'm sure sine has his own count as well.

Rogue Tronners - poke, over, shoe, tobe, animuson, lacka, red, dgm, titan, luffy

Revolver - free kill, Concord, Durka, freako, Hoax, olive, Xyron, 1200, bellum

Redemption - Soul, subfocus, broken, roter, vov, koala, eckz, appleseed

Meet Your Maker - liz, devicat, pyrrhic, rugkei, spin, weed, elmo, chah, jericho, sine

Crazy Tronners - woned, beer, zap, safariskater, mb53, acid, cronix, animal, voodoo, jdawg

RoadRunnerZ - Zero, Vinny, Chop, Misny, Siege, Vital, Nub, Magi, Space

Team Unknown - ppotter, House, Pr3, Jip, tls, fingerbib, akira, slash, hi, Wildcat, mr, vein

Speeders - insa, 3b, fofo, syre, ai
Gaz
Round Winner

Post by Gaz »

Technically i played 6-7 ladles with mym so i would be there too!
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

Gaz wrote:Technically i played 6-7 ladles with mym so i would be there too!
You played 3
Pr3
Round Winner

Post by Pr3 »

ElmosWorld wrote:
There's no one this applies to. Both mr and vein played on Team.uNk 5 times(from ladles 63-67). When you only sign up 1 team(whether it is Team.uNk or uNk.Team) it counts as Team.uNk, from my interpretation at least.
Well there isn't a problem with that rule then. However, I still think it's in bad taste that some of my teammates have to play on other teams if they want to play. :|
Gaz
Round Winner

Post by Gaz »

Whats the ladle range from when the season started to its end?
Pr3
Round Winner

Post by Pr3 »

Gaz wrote:Whats the ladle range from when the season started to its end?
Ladle 60-68
Gaz
Round Winner

Post by Gaz »

Umm weird dont remember missing a ladle, could've swore i played ladle 64 with mym.

I actually did play ladle 64 with mym, which would make it 4 ladles for me with mym, so if pr3 got that passed where we could lower the requirement to 4, i would be eligible and so would many others probably..

I know it doesnt show me on the roster, but i went to the recordings and if you watch this: http://armagetron.kicks-ass.net/~manuel ... vs_red.zip

You will clearly see me in the first couple seconds logging in then joining the game after.

So i dont know exactly how it works, but technically i would have 4, so go pr3!
Last edited by Gaz on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Soul
Match Winner

Post by Soul »

It seems like a lot of the teams have completely different current lineups than what is eligible. Doesn't feel like it will really determine the "best" clan currently. (Which was its intentions, no?)
Gaz
Round Winner

Post by Gaz »

I think the bowl should be the clans with the highest average (the 8 we have now) and then whoever is on their ROSTER at the moment should play.. not go back to other clans and play their, but then it would technically be a ladle, and ladle is a week after bowl, so would we cancel the ladle or just have two fort tournaments back to back weeks?
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

I thought the bowl was supposed to be a "best team of the year" thing. If you use just the current rosters, its just another ladle.
Pr3
Round Winner

Post by Pr3 »

I understand Sine is trying to keep it authentic with players who actually played during the season. I just have some issues with the rules and how it's turning out. It's not great for clans like SP who more than likely will field only 3-4 eligible players.
Last edited by Pr3 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gaz
Round Winner

Post by Gaz »

Pr3 wrote:I understand Sine is trying to keep it authentic with players who actually played during the season. I just have some issues with the rules and how it's turning out.
Yeah agreed, because technically i was on a winning ladle team this year, so why would i not get to play?