Singlebind Sumo Bar Tournament March 24th Brackets Up

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Singlebind Sumo Bar Tournament March 24th Brackets Up

Post by Cody »

Announcement: Indiana is expecting 8-12 inches of snow tomorrow, if my electricity goes out, I trust you guys know how to run the tournament by yourselves, xoxo - Cody

Welcome to the FIRST ever Singlebind Sumo Bar Tournament!

Summary
This is a 16 USA & 16 EURO player tournament(32 total players)
and if you haven't guessed by now its SingleBinding!

It's 1 match, 18 rounds, top 4 advance(except in SbSBT Final)

Homepage
http://wiki.armagetronad.org/index.php/SbSBT

Brackets
USA Side: http://crazy-tronners.com/kyle/random/r ... 131805.txt
Euro Side: http://crazy-tronners.com/kyle/random/r ... 132022.txt
Full Brackets: http://wiki.armagetronad.org/index.php/ ... T_Brackets

USA/EURO 1st round times

~USA~

Code: Select all

EDT: 1:00PM
CDT: 12:00PM(NOON)
MDT: 11:00AM
PDT: 10:00AM
MST: 10:00AM (Important if you live in AZ)
~EURO~

CET: 6pm
GMT: 5pm
F.A.Q

Subs
Players looking to sub:
If there is a ~Bye~ on the brackets, please show up to that server and wait to be op'd
What if theres no ~byes~ on the brackets? Can I still sub somehow?
Possibly, Sometimes players who sign-up don't show up, If this happens and you happen to be in the server, you may take their spot.
How to op a sub:

/admin name 8
Do I have to give their spot back if they show up?
No. They've now lost their spot (unless they showed up before the 1st round starting time deadline)
What's the latest I can show up to secure my spot?
1:10 EST/EDT after that a sub can take your spot and you won't be entitled back to it.
What if only 1-4 of us showed up?
Please wait til 1:10, at 1:11, please try to find subs, if you can't find a sub, congrats you just made it into your Final

Server Problems/Player Problems
Server we are in is unplayable what now?
Please find another server that is the same Host country. If you cannot find another server, go to the other USA/EURO server and wait for their match to end and then proceed with yours.
I lost my points due to DC/Crash/Computer problems, do I get them back
Because of the size of this tournament, theres a chance but don't count on that chance.
Specs keep talking in public during game, can I silence them?
Yes, Unless they are talking in public in between rounds.(try to give them a warning first)

*any questions that aren't covered in FAQ? please ask, ill add them*

PLEASE take a picture of your match ending on Round 18
Just need a picture of the top 4, all 8 would be appreciated so don't leave your circle so fast at the end of round 18
Last edited by Cody on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
haydoz11
On Lightcycle Grid

Re: Singlebind Sumo Bar Tournament March 24th Sign-ups Open

Post by haydoz11 »

Are sign ups ready?

If so,

name: Had
login: haydoz11
server: usa
<--Had
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Cody »

haydoz11 wrote:Are sign ups ready?

If so,

name: Had
login: haydoz11
server: usa
Had, after speaking to you a while back on TS & heard you bragging about how you only play tron to troll people, and I have it on good word from multiple people that you're going to try and troll during the tournament. I've removed you. Come talk to me on ts about getting this spot back.

Also you didn't even show up to the Sumo Bar Qualifier
Fippmam
Round Winner

Post by Fippmam »

That was a while back though Cody. He genuinely wants to participate in the tournament.

Dunno who raph123 is, but he signed up before that dude.
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Cody »

Fippmam wrote:That was a while back though Cody. He genuinely wants to participate in the tournament.

Hes already voiced how much he hates liz and is ready to troll her, like i said he can come on ts and talk to me, but because I know how he is, I just dont wanna take that risk :P
Fippmam
Round Winner

Post by Fippmam »

Liz is untrollable tho. But alright.
haydoz11
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by haydoz11 »

Cody wrote:
Fippmam wrote:That was a while back though Cody. He genuinely wants to participate in the tournament.

Hes already voiced how much he hates liz and is ready to troll her, like i said he can come on ts and talk to me, but because I know how he is, I just dont wanna take that risk :P
When have I done that? I honestly don't have any hate for tron players. I don't know when I've said that but it isn't true. Please tell me a the ip for the ts server so we can sort this out. I deserved that spot no matter what.
<--Had
woof
Round Winner

Post by woof »

No such thing as untrollable 8)
sinnerz

Post by sinnerz »

Not sure why someone signed me up....
I won't be there. glhf anyway.
vov
Match Winner

Post by vov »

Why are you treating your players like this? If I would want to play this I would expect to be able to, since it says "sign ups open". Even after your "reserving spots" issue, you still keep people away... I know I can't tell you what to do but that's something you shouldn't do.
He was the first one to sign up. If you don't want anyone to play except your chosen players, make the tournament private, not public with an announcement post the size of a football field.

And seriously, who hasn't trolled liz yet?
Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Concord »

vov wrote:Why are you treating your players like this? If I would want to play this I would expect to be able to, since it says "sign ups open". Even after your "reserving spots" issue, you still keep people away... I know I can't tell you what to do but that's something you shouldn't do.
He was the first one to sign up. If you don't want anyone to play except your chosen players, make the tournament private, not public with an announcement post the size of a football field.

we should be supportive. Cody put in his time to organize this without expecting anything in return, and he is only trying to encourage decent behavior. That's commendable and it's that type of standards that will cause people to behave better, as has been discussed in the FSU thread.
haydoz11
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by haydoz11 »

Concord wrote: we should be supportive. Cody put in his time to organize this without expecting anything in return, and he is only trying to encourage decent behavior. That's commendable and it's that type of standards that will cause people to behave better, as has been discussed in the FSU thread.
I do agree with you, But the fact that he removed me just because I (may or may not) of said "I can troll Liz any day hurrrr" a while back is unfair to my present self.
<--Had
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Cody »

Me and Had talked via pm, Had has insured me he has had a change of heart and does not act like he did 6 months ago.

Had, I took you off in the beginning because of the first impression I got from meeting you awhile back, getting on teamspeak and hearing you brag how you can troll anyone and how tron is only fun when you get people pissed off, well like i said, it wasn't a grand first impression. It would be the same thing if CodeHunter signed up(the person who threaten to take down ladle one Sunday) ANY overly toxic behavior I don't want in my tournaments, As concord pointed out, I spend time on these and I don't want there to be trouble. I don't want someone to sign-up with the intention of trying to ruin everyones tournament day. I understand someplayers may have problems with other players, but during tournaments you should put aside your differences and play.

@sinnerz, wolf signed you-up I took you off.

@vov, How come you feel obligated to get involved with something that doesn't even concern you & something that is being worked out? Had was removed and its been explained why. Do you even know Had? Have you've gone on TS and chatted with had? Do you know how Had acts when hes on TS or tron?? I'm guessing no, and as I explained, I do know how he acts as I've heard and seen it in person.

@concord, thanks so much <3 I don't think people realize how much time actually get put into these tournaments,but I can't take all the credit, the server hosters are the ones that really make it possible at the end of the day, Compguy , Kyle ,Z-man,Tru,Jip without their servers, tournaments would be so very much smaller, hehe.

@Had i've put you back up since your PM, Please behave during the tournament, I'll have eyes on you. Don't make me regret giving your spot back.
haydoz11
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by haydoz11 »

Cody wrote: @Had i've put you back up since your PM, Please behave during the tournament, I'll have eyes on you. Don't make me regret giving your spot back.
Thanks. I'm sorry I started all this.
<--Had
Fippmam
Round Winner

Post by Fippmam »

Wewt Had-chan!

I will not download this movie illegally.