SBT 6 Predictions

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

PyrrhicVictory
Average Program

SBT 6 Predictions

Post by PyrrhicVictory »

So I'm just gonna start this :)

USA First Round

USA
Vogue
b3n
Magi
Eckz

kivic
Toasty
Renegade
orion

This will be a great match to watch and a close result will make this one of the best opening rounds. Liz gets rid off LoL-rust in a few round's time and takes over lead. B3n won 5 WSTs yesterday, so he should be in form too. Magi still pumped from ladle does a great performance, but his nerves get him without his team-mates. Still, third place. The fourth place will be a close one. I give it to Eckz, 'cause he knows what he's doing.

CT-USA

Rudycantfail
DGM
DDMJ
Over

Shock
Zero
Apep
DrAg

Nothing to say here.

USA

appleseed
wolf
johnny
Acid

asdfasdf
Slick
JDawg
SHDY

:cat: apple wins with a huge gap to second.

Kyle's USA
vein
CxDy
Hi
Clutch

Loki
Light
Vinny
Soul

Soul might come back and steal Clutch's spot. I give to Clutch tho, 'cause he can sing and is cool.
I'd like to give it to Vinny, but it's his first SBT and without the other RoadRunnerZ he's a little lost. Next time!

EU First Round

Z-man's
Xyron
nuby
Gaz
Gonzap

Nagi
Bilbo
mister
Absolution

Kgo.

CT-liv

dreadlord
AI
subfocus
Soska

Concord
pike
TiGawhoyou
Venijn

I don't see Concord in sumo bars that often, but he might steal a spot by some crazy tactics no one expected.

Unk's

ppotter
voodoo
Fate
TheWizard

Jericho
Thump
jrotc2012
geeked

Wiz does surprisingly well.

ihptru

vov
Pyrrhic
Cronix
Titanoboa

raph
akira
Axon

Best EU-opening round imo. Raph's too rusty and calls lag. I dig my way out of everything thanks to my French ping-rubber.

USA Second Round

USA

Vogue
b3n
Rudycantfail
DDMJ

DGM
Over
Magi
Eckz

DGM follows very close, but Durka knows what to do in every situation. Good match.

USA

appleseed
wolf
johnny
vein

CxDy
Acid
Hi
Clutch

:cat:

EU Second Round

Z-man's

Xyron
Gaz
Gonzap
dreadlord

AI
subfocus
Soska
nuby

:snail:

ihptru

vov
Pyrrhic
ppotter
Titanoboa

Cronix
voodoo
Fate
TheWizard

CT-hax doesn't work anymore 'cause of a meteorite that destroyed their hax-provider.

US Semi Finals

USA

Vogue
b3n
Rudycantfail
appleseed

DDMJ
wolf
johnny
vein

Great match.

EU Semi Finals

Z-man's

vov
Gaz
ppotter
Xyron

Titanoboa
Pyrrhic
Gonzap
dreadlord

ppotter does penta-kill. My host-parents stream a French Quiz-show and my already bad connection goes down.

US Finals

appleseed
Rudycantfail
Gaz
Vogue
ppotter
Xyron
vov
b3n

Xyron's drunk, a llama spits at vov, leading to him chasing it during a few rounds. Gazelle gets hunted down by liz, but she dies while doing so. Rudy and apple fight for the title, but Apple rly wants it. Congratulations to Appleseed!<3

Thanks again to Cody for doing this, I predict this to be a great tourney!
Last edited by PyrrhicVictory on Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image You know where you'll find me.
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: SBT 6 Predictions

Post by Light »

I would predict I don't make it past the first round too. :(
Gaz
Round Winner

Post by Gaz »

PyrrhicVictory wrote: Gazelle gets hunted down by liz, but she dies while doing so.
Pyrrhic, u got this all wrong bro, its definitely the other way around :D liz sits back and lets everyone die, while me on the other hand, i have to try and attempt to kill liz every round :D
Fate
Average Program

Post by Fate »

lol pyyr you had me win in opening round and then disappear for the remainder of the tourney :p
Fippmam
Round Winner

Post by Fippmam »

Ooh I also have visions where Apple wins.

Nice predictions, pretty much what I would've said.
Zenith
Average Program

Post by Zenith »

First Round

US1:
b3n
Vogue
Eckz
Magi

kivic
Renegade
Toasty
orion

Top 3 were easy to pick, 4th will be either Magi or Kivic, close battles.

CT-USA
Rudycantfail
DDMJ
DGM
Over

Shock
Zero
Apep
DrAg

Easy :blank:

USA2
appleseed
wolf
johnny
JDawg

Acid
Slick
SHDY
asdfasdf

Ya

Kyle's USA
CxDy
vein
Soul
Hi

Clutch
Vinny
Loki
Light

As much as I want Cody to get out in openers, it won't happen.

Z-Mans
Xyron
Gonzap
Gaz
nuby

mister
Nagi
Bilbo
Absolution

This was pretty easy. mister might steal 4th if he plays safe.

CT-Liv
dreadlord
Concord
subfocus
AI

Soska
Venijn
pike
TiGawhoyou

dread should lead this circle, conc will be in there with sub and AI.

Unk's
ppotter
voodoo
Jericho
geeked

thump
Fate
jrotc2012
TheWizard

Top two easy, Jericho is getting good at sumobar. I saw this guy geeked today, he seemed good so I'll put him in the mix

ihptru
vov
Titanoboa
Pyrrhic
raph

Cronix
akira
Axon

Pyrrhic I believe in you! Axon, you've gotten good in such a short time, but not enough for this circle yet.

Second Round

USA1
b3n
Rudycantfail
DDMJ
Over

Eckz
Vogue
Magi
DGM

Hard decision. b3n almost won last time. Rudy is a beast. If Durka plays like he always does, he will get in here. Over is real consistent.

USA2
appleseed
wolf
vein
CxDy

johnny
JDawg
Soul
Hi

Not nearly as interesting as the other USA quarters, but it'll be fun. I do my best to boot cody out but he hangs on.

Z-Mans
Xyron
dreadlord
Gonzap
Concord

Gaz
nuby
subfocus
AI

Holy pewp :|. Xyron and dread will own here. Two spots up for grabs really, so I'm making my predictions different from py's.

Unk's
vov
ppotter
Titanoboa
Pyrrhic

voodoo
Jericho
geeked
raph

Yep.

Semis

b3n
Rudycantfail
appleseed
wolf

DDMJ
Over
vein
CxDy

Wow, this is a hard circle! Gz on another semi finals, cody. Top 4 here are the people that play the most. #4 is a wildcard, but wolf has been really stepping up his game lately. The top 3 usually play good, I think.

Z-Man's
Xyron
dreadlord
Gonzap
vov

Concord
Pyrrhic
Titanoboa
ppotter

>_< , It sucks that 4 of these guys gotta be weeded out because they'd all probably move on if they were put in the US semi finals.

Finals

b3n
Xyron
Rudycantfail
vov
appleseed
Gonzap
dreadlord
wolf

Congrats. Last SBT b3n was a millimeter away from winning. And that was in a EU server, so odds are in his favor. Everyone else, congrats for making finals!
PyrrhicVictory
Average Program

Post by PyrrhicVictory »

Fate wrote:lol pyyr you had me win in opening round and then disappear for the remainder of the tourney :p
Sorry, I changed some things and then forgot to change them throughout the whole post <.< I might or might not have done it in a rush 'cause I had to get going.
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

underdog mode On :arrow:
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

@Pyr I started reading the predictions, then I got to the second USA set and saw Shock not predicted to get past the first round followed by "Nothing to say here." Seems a little naive to me, Shock/Capone is one of the better Sumo players to ever play.

@Zenith same for you

My own predictions -
USA top 4 - Appleseed, Rudy, Durka, Vogue
EU top 4 - Titan, Ppotter, Vov, Xyron
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

Ratchet wrote:I started reading the predictions, then I got to the second USA set and saw Shock not predicted to get past the first round followed by "Nothing to say here." Seems a little naive to me, Shock/Capone is one of the better Sumo players to ever play.
I felt the same. People saying it's easy is pretty much disrespect to him and taking names over ability. He might not be one of the best to ever play, but he's pretty damn good when he wants to be. Can't see him not getting past first round.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
sinnerz

Post by sinnerz »

Xy wins.

BUT if hes drunk Gazelle wins.
BUT if he plays too risky Rudy/DDMJ wins.
BUT if they too rusty.

Gz B3n :D
PyrrhicVictory
Average Program

Post by PyrrhicVictory »

Overrated wrote:
Ratchet wrote:I started reading the predictions, then I got to the second USA set and saw Shock not predicted to get past the first round followed by "Nothing to say here." Seems a little naive to me, Shock/Capone is one of the better Sumo players to ever play.
I felt the same. People saying it's easy is pretty much disrespect to him and taking names over ability. He might not be one of the best to ever play, but he's pretty damn good when he wants to be. Can't see him not getting past first round.
Well, you did consider me not remembering Shock being Capone in my rush? But actually, the only thing I'd change is the comment. Something like
"Rudy wins with quite an advantage, DDMJ following (he might be inactive, still got the moves tho). Over being in two (?) finals before will have a solid performance. The fourth place will be a close game between DGM and Capone. I give this to DGM 'cause he's more active."

They were my predictions, so do them yourselves and we can compare who's guessed better afterwards! That's the sense of it, right? I mean, you can lecture me all day long. Or prove me wrong by doing it better! And I never meant to disrespect anyone here. I'm a little shocked to see such a reaction after posting personal predictions. I thought this was on a casual basis. My first time doing this and I get called disrespectful and inconsiderate for posting my opinion. This probably will be my last predictions then.. :|

To everyone: do some predictions!
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

I predict that everyone's gonna poo all over Shock and get an easy win.

I also predict that either Xyron or b3n will win, as they have the best playstyle for this gamemode.
Gaz
Round Winner

Post by Gaz »

Dont worry about it pyrrhic, Ratchet was in WW with Capone, i believe him saying that is being completely biased, not that Capone isnt a great sumo player, but i dont think he is active enough to be of that caliber and win SBT, but Prove me wrong shock :D
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

PyrrhicVictory wrote:They were my predictions, so do them yourselves and we can compare who's guessed better afterwards! That's the sense of it, right? I mean, you can lecture me all day long. Or prove me wrong by doing it better! And I never meant to disrespect anyone here. I'm a little shocked to see such a reaction after posting personal predictions. I thought this was on a casual basis. My first time doing this and I get called disrespectful and inconsiderate for posting my opinion. This probably will be my last predictions then.. :|
I wasn't trying to be disrespectful, I just think that people underestimate shock. It's like b3n (at first maybe?), people just weren't aware of the skill set he had because he wasn't a big name person in a big name clan. So sorry if I sounded a little disrespectful and rude; I just find it kind of surprising that no one was picking shock. :P
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.