Sumo Bar Tournament 6 3/10/13 Xyron wins!

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Gaz
Round Winner

Re: Sumo Bar Tournament 6 | 3/10/13 | Sign-ups open

Post by Gaz »

Brawl is dead.. nobody plays it anyways.. shouldnt matter if both tournaments are on the same day.
Fippmam
Round Winner

Post by Fippmam »

Gaz wrote:Brawl is dead.. nobody plays it anyways.. shouldnt matter if both tournaments are on the same day.
D= Don't be hating on CTF. *snaps fingers*
Gaz
Round Winner

Post by Gaz »

Fippmam wrote:
Gaz wrote:Brawl is dead.. nobody plays it anyways.. shouldnt matter if both tournaments are on the same day.
D= Don't be hating on CTF. *snaps fingers*
I love CTF i have played every brawl for almost the last year.. Im just being honest :D
Acidico
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Acidico »

Acidico@forums
US

Hoorah.
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Cody »

Acidico wrote:Acidico@forums
US

Hoorah.
added

REMOVED: Gofifke@forums
(no alias please, you signed up for WST using Spice girls team and you guys were no shows)
Toasty

Post by Toasty »

Toasty@forums

USA
:star:
Tru
Round Winner

Post by Tru »

Subject: Sumo Bar Tournament 6 | 3/10/13 | Sign-ups open
And I am starting feeling bad about you.
if you say so, it's dead for you but not for us. Do no cry your minds, thanks.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Gaz
Round Winner

Post by Gaz »

Tru wrote:And I am starting feeling bad about you.
Tru, i meant it with no disrespect... But technically Brawl is dead, and if we want to be realistic, the majority of the people that play fortress and sumo, do not play CTF, so it wouldnt matter anyways.

You have three teams signed up, which dont get me wrong has been a natural occurrence for CTF, but out of those three teams, 3-4 players play Sumo, so having both tournaments happen on the same day, isnt that big of a deal.

Sorry if you took any offense to what i said Tru, You of all people should know i love CTF, I play every tourney :)
Tru
Round Winner

Post by Tru »

Gaz wrote:
Tru wrote:And I am starting feeling bad about you.
Tru, i meant it with no disrespect... But technically Brawl is dead, and if we want to be realistic, the majority of the people that play fortress and sumo, do not play CTF, so it wouldnt matter anyways.

You have three teams signed up, which dont get me wrong has been a natural occurrence for CTF, but out of those three teams, 3-4 players play Sumo, so having both tournaments happen on the same day, isnt that big of a deal.

Sorry if you took any offense to what i said Tru, You of all people should know i love CTF, I play every tourney :)
ah ye I see what you meant, I just technically can't handle words "dead `thing`" when it's not for others :).
As about same dates and time: had no idea of it till yesterday, but it's ok, just a kind of coincidence. It's not big deal, it would be if it's sumo+fortress tournaments, but it's ok as far as it's sumo+ctf
Gaz
Round Winner

Post by Gaz »

Tru wrote:ah ye I see what you meant, I just technically can't handle words "dead `thing`" when it's not for others :).
As about same dates and time: had no idea of it till yesterday, but it's ok, just a kind of coincidence. It's not big deal, it would be if it's sumo+fortress tournaments, but it's ok as far as it's sumo+ctf
Yeah i hear you, I would be the same way if someone said fortress or sumo was "dead". I can see where you are coming from, since you are one of the only main CTF'er left out of the premier clans. You would hate for it to be "dead" :D
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

Tru wrote: It's not big deal, it would be if it's sumo+fortress tournaments, but it's ok as far as it's sumo+ctf
As of right now, I don't know if R will have a team for Brawl, but I would be extremely annoyed if I had to miss one or the other because of clashing events. Some people like ctf and wish to play it, who also are big fans of sumo and fort.

Edit: Also, if everyone would be willing to push back the sumobar tourney 45 minutes to an hour, there's a decent chance the brawl wouldn't conflict. Depending on 2-0 or 2-1 matches, they're still normally quick.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Cody »

I do have to apologize, I haven't been on the forums that much and the last tournament I hosted was in October 2012(which then Brawls were on Saturday)

And from past experience with all my tournaments i try to grab the 2nd Sunday of the month, I didn't even know brawl would be on a sunday hence now two tournaments hosted on the same day,

BUT the good news is, SBT is a short tournament , 18 rounds 1 match (36mins-54mins)
with opening round/2nd round/semifinals/finals it can be a 2hour~4hour tournament(most of the times SBT gets over within 3hours of starting)

how long is Brawl usually?
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

Clutch@forums

U.S.A

Boxed
Tru
Round Winner

Post by Tru »

Cody wrote: how long is Brawl usually?
~3 hours when it's about 8 teams, but it will be much shorter this time.
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

Orion@forums. Usa
Both tournamenst should happen in different times or sbt should happen 17th