Sumo Bar Tournament 6 3/10/13 Xyron wins!

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Gaz
Round Winner

Re: Sumo Bar Tournament 6 3/10/13 Brackets out Saturday.

Post by Gaz »

Yeah you should be able to stay on a US server, no doubt.. But in cody's defense the last time he was on tron anytime near brawl, they were always played on Saturdays.. not saying that is a good excuse for not doing the research anyways, just he assumed it was on Saturdays, and nothing else was scheduled..

Now i understand Brawl is on the same date.. but in cxdy's defense, there was a total of 3-4 players signed up for SBT and Brawl.. And not even 3-4 teams signed up, so brawl atm should take 1 1/2 hrs.. if that.

Not that its right to make people pick or choice a tournament if they like both, But i dont think the superbowl would be pushed back if 3-4 Nascar races (who also happen to play on superbowl teams) had a race the same day as the superbowl and couldnt be make both matches. They would have to choice which one to play in..

^ On a different level. But still, is a decent explanation for whats going on.
woof
Round Winner

Post by woof »

Yea man I appreciate you running the tourney but over should get his spot back :P
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

Gaz wrote:Yeah you should be able to stay on a US server, no doubt.. But in cody's defense the last time he was on tron anytime near brawl, they were always played on Saturdays.. not saying that is a good excuse for not doing the research anyways, just he assumed it was on Saturdays, and nothing else was scheduled..
You're right, it's not a good excuse. He didn't do the research. His fault. Now others might not get to play at all because of this.
Gaz wrote: Now i understand Brawl is on the same date.. but in cxdy's defense, there was a total of 3-4 players signed up for SBT and Brawl.. And not even 3-4 teams signed up, so brawl atm should take 1 1/2 hrs.. if that.
I count five teams. I don't know how long it will take, but it might overlap. Like I said, simple move back of an hour for SBT, or start an hour earlier for BRAWL. There's been little to no cooperation between tournament leaders to set it up. It's either this way or no way.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
Fippmam
Round Winner

Post by Fippmam »

This is what happens when Durka gets a spot in US server. Why did no one read my warnings in the previous page? D= (<3 Durka)

I kinda don't wanna get in an argument with you Cody, but it's obvious the moral thing to do, will be to give Over back his spot. In the end, you're the host of the tournament, and you'll do whatever you want, but remember, we're all bound by overarching moral convictions. ;)
DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by DDMJ »

Cody...no, just no. Over gets to play in the US. Please undo the switch; it's COMPLETELY unfair to do such a thing.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

Disagreed. If over's gonna play in both tournaments and ditches SBT for Brawl when the times comes, why should he stay on the SBT roster? Give others a chance to play in the sumo tournament, if you're more interested in ctf.

However, if over plans to show up for SBT, there's no issue at all.

This goes for anyone who won't be able to show up, just sign off. >_<
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Cody »

A. Me and Tru talked, We both decided not to step on each others toes and Im not going to make him move his time just for 4 people to play in both tournaments.

B. Over, I don't understand you, YOU JUST SAID " Im going to try and play in both tournaments" DID you not read the times? How are you going to play in both tournaments when they both start at 17GMT? I have a feeling you're going to get someone to use your name to hold your spot while you play brawl. I Moved you to EURO because you're taking a USA spot, why should you have your USA spot when you wanna play in another tournament?

C. Over & orion for you to attack both me and tru is DISRESPECTFUL, OH BOOHOO you have to choose between a CTF & Sumo tournament. #FirstWorldProblems

D. Over, the conclusion was made that if you wanna play in brawl, that you will be giving up your spot in SBT simple as that. Wolf & Johnny & orion already had to choose which one they will be playing in. Now you go sign up for brawl and tell me you're going to try to play in both? you're just looking for drama and I have no time for that, This would be different if there were USA spots open, and there wasnt USA players waiting for a spot.

Also over there is no "might overlap"??!?? SBT & BRAWL will be starting at the same time, and overlapping. SO please explain how you're going to try and be at 2 opening rounds?

You can have your USA spot back, if you're going to part take in SBT opening round(only way you can probably play for both is if you lose in opening round)

Hate to say it but you are going have to choose which tournament to play in. Also (wolf & Johnny) really need to take yourself off of brawl roster, how disrespectful to leave your team on when you already said you're playing in SBT
sinnerz

Post by sinnerz »

Heads up. I won't be showing up for this. glhf.
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Cody »

sinnerz wrote:Heads up. I won't be showing up for this. glhf.
thanks for letting me know!

over you been given your USA spot back. If you don't show up to opening round SBT, I'll make sure that you'll never play in another SBT( this warning is for anyone whos planning on not showing up for what they signed up for.
Last edited by Cody on Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

Cody wrote:

over you been given your USA spot back. If you don't show up, to opening round SBT, I'll make sure this will be your last SBT
Cody's 669th post was the 69th post of this thread, teh odds
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

good thing you can play under aliase over :D ignore dumb tho
Cody <3
Match Winner

Post by Cody <3 »

orion wrote:good thing you can play under aliase over :D ignore dumb tho
Encouraging rule breaking? Orion I'm so tempted just to boot your ugly attitude out of the tournament. Last warning.
Magi wrote:
Cody wrote:

over you been given your USA spot back. If you don't show up, to opening round SBT, I'll make sure this will be your last SBT
Cody's 669th post was the 69th post of this thread, teh odds
lol things happen for a reason <3
NEW 1v1 Sumo SB Tournament SITE
http://1v1sb.weebly.com
Fippmam
Round Winner

Post by Fippmam »

Cody: Durka's taking my spot.

Spring break starts today for me \o/ Glhf
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

Actually, I did have every intention to try and play in both, because I thought they were going to be held at different times (at least an hour apart, since I remember seeing the sumo tourney being planned for 2 EST (when I looked at times awhile ago)). Maybe it was the confusion of the time zone switch that made it start at the same time. Now that's why I wanted to play in both, and signed up for both with that intention.

Aside from that, I wasn't intending to insult. The only insult I made was that there was no way (at least from what I read publicly) that it was intended to make it so these two didn't clash. Maybe I missed something when I was reading through, maybe not. Sorry if I insulted you, it wasn't my intentions. I just personally don't see why the two couldn't be moved around a little with all the time you both had to prepare. Sure you didn't want to step on each others shoes, but it's still kind of an elitist (sumo/fort) and disrespectful attitude for a movement not to be made. I understand brawl isn't as popular as it was not too long ago. I just don't think it's fair to clash a tournament with a smaller game mode and expect it to be "okay," like the ISL clearly did.

Anyway, no means for disrespect intended, just stating my opinion. Glhf, see you all Sunday.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Sumo Bar Tournament 6 3/10/13 Brackets POSTED!

Post by Cody »

decided to do brackets today, posted.