Ladle 67

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Hallucination

Re: Ladle 67

Post by Hallucination »

sinewav wrote:
Hallucination wrote:We will definitely be there Sine. Next ladle is ours :P
That's fine, just as long as you know you will still be one appearance short of making the Bowl cutoff. Wild West only has 3 appearances, you need 5.

So just wondering when does this bowl thing start because i played in ladles since 49 i think and i would like to be apart of it :P and some of the Ww members to
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Hallucination wrote:So just wondering when does this bowl thing start because i played in ladles since 49 i think and i would like to be apart of it :P and some of the Ww members to
Here are the current guidelines. The requirements to play are, teams must play 5 Ladles in the season. Players must play 5 Ladles with that team. So the first requirement is that Wild West (I assume you are in Wild West, right?) plays 5 Ladles. You have 3 and there is only one Ladle left. As a player, you can only play for a Bowl team if you joined them 5 times in the season. Wild West only has Tweezy on the Challenge Board for every Ladle.

The Bowl is designed to be a tough competition for only the most dedicated Fortress players, the players who stick with a team and work the hardest. It rewards commitment. There will be no easy rounds and plenty of surprises.
Hallucination

Post by Hallucination »

Ah ok i get in now :P
pike
Round Winner

Post by pike »

sinewav wrote:I know all you guys want to watch Vinny escape that trap in the last round against Rogue Tronners, so I wrote up some instructions on how to fast-forward an Armagetron recording.
There are no recordings yet :(

As for playback, I usually make a separate shortcut for every recording file, instead of using Run dialog every time. It's easier this way IMO.

Code: Select all

C:\source\Armagetron\armagetronad.exe --playback C:\source\Armagetron\playback\L67_final.aarec --fastforward 200
Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Concord »

sinewav wrote:If you can write something similar for OSX, please do! (I think the Linux users have a handle on degug recordings... :P)
There is a GUI recording playback application for OSX users that comes with a lot of downloads of the game. I'm confident in saying it's written by dlh's hand. There is also a package of only the recording application here.
Vinny

Post by Vinny »

sinewav wrote:I know all you guys want to watch Vinny escape that trap in the last round against Rogue Tronners
Heh that was so intense xD
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

octa_quarter_unk_id_vs_oww_vs_rev.aarec 66508kb 7433s (Two in one, quarter starts at about T=3430)

octa_pf_vs_mym.aarec 34260kb 4246s
octa_rz1_rt_vs_rraz.aarec 27496kb 3287s

Dunno where the fourth octa disappeared to. And I came in a bit late, so the first few minutes are missing. Sorry about that, and the poor framerate at times. I really need to reconnect the second monitor, that makes it better for some reason.
Vinny

Post by Vinny »

lol just went back and watched the final round against rogue....Me and nub do a half roulette and manage to get out..whew what luck!
Vitalit

Post by Vitalit »

0000 wrote:Just a heads up - I am getting out of the hosting business so after this Ladle my Ladle and pickup servers will go down. Hopefully this is enough time for someone else to step in.
I'll be taking this over (hosted by the same company) so if you have any ideas/suggestions feel free to pm me
Fippmam
Round Winner

Post by Fippmam »

Awesome Vital, and gz on rz leader D=
Vinny

Post by Vinny »

Thanks so much for taking over vital!