Fortress & Sumo United (FSU)

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Fortress & Sumo United (FSU)

Post by Titanoboa »

This is starting to look like the werewolf game, but for real.
Pr3
Round Winner

Post by Pr3 »

(Content has been removed)
Last edited by Pr3 on Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Mkay1 »

Pr3 wrote:As many of you know, there have been many incidents in recent past that have brought shame and a certain level of unfairness to the game we all love. These acts include but are not limited to the rumored deletion of a team's forums, the recruitment of players who already belong to a clan, and various acts of unsportsmanlike conduct during the ladle. These acts have taken place without any disciplinary action placed on those who committed them. And they will continue to happen unless we put into place rules and punishments that can be agreed upon and enforced by the entire community. Therefore, I propose we form Fortress & Sumo United (FSU). The FSU is a committee made up of one representative from each clan/team. They will create rules and determine, by majority vote, any and all disciplinary action to counter further malicious acts within our community. What are your thoughts on forming such a committee and what are the possible disciplinary actions you'd suggest?

Your rules are missing 2/3 of the original idea you had. This just seems to me a way in which some people are considered better than others. Plus if anyone likes these rules, they need to get off their high horse. You might as well ******* babysit them and tell them exactly how to play, when to do it, and when they can and can't make comments that need to be approved by a moderator that is in the server at all times :roll:.
Pr3
Round Winner

Post by Pr3 »

I did not include a list of "acts of unsportsmanlike conduct". Frankly, there are many ways in which an individual can act to the detriment of the tron community and I don't see the purpose of listing each one. It is up to the community to decide what those malevolent acts are. The proposed draft is simply an outline for a sportsmanship code (don't currently have one) & the FSU's main purpose; which is to solve & discuss controversial problems in our community.

So to reiterate:

There were no "rules" on this draft. It's simply an outline for a code of conduct. There is no "moderator" on each server waiting to punish you if you speak out. This is to be read by new players and hopefully applied. I didn't mean it to come across as... "you break the code of conduct, you are banned" :P

The "rules", if any, will be made by the committee & the community.

The "punishments" will only be towards those who break the "rules" or commit acts that the committee/community deems severe enough.

The FSU can essentially "sponsor tournaments". By playing in these tournaments you are agreeing that you've read the code of conduct. You are also agreeing to not commit any "malevolent" actions during or leading up to the tournament. Unsportsmanlike conduct can be reported on the FSU website, and a "jury" of your peers can decide if any punishments are needed. Basically the FSU can be the deterrent this community needs.

As said before: "This idea needs a lot of stuff to be hammered out in terms of scope and the details."
Fippmam
Round Winner

Post by Fippmam »

So you're setting it up to be like some sort of a judiciary system where misdemeanors, and punishments, will be handled by representatives of clans. Sounds good.

I kinda don't want this system to bear a titular crown though. How exactly will these rules be enforced? There are tons of new players in the low rubber scene who never even check forums. Do they get punished for their ignorance/lack of knowledge about these rules?

Some rules there just won't pan out, haha like the one that essentially prohibits vulgar statements. Might as well punish everyone now xD Btw what would punishments look like? I'd imagine they get more severe the more severe the misdemeanor is, like server kicks, bans, tournament bans, forums account bans, etc. yea see other than kicks and bans, I don't really see any other logical form of punishments. It's still just an online game in that regard, I suppose.
Goodygumdrops
Round Winner

Post by Goodygumdrops »

If that's going to be your code of conduct, **** the FSU. Seriously, you don't have the right to not be offended by things people say. Political correctness is bullshit.
Hoax wrote:Pythotron what do you think
Content: B- Timing: A+
sinewav wrote:crap about the USA being better than it was 200 years ago
Do you know what the word "imperialism" means? Do you realize that the crap you buy and use is made by exploiting people who are working jobs they are implicitly forced to work in? Just because fewer bad things might be happening IN the USA doesn't mean the USA is morally better than it has been.
Word wrote: one hand washes the other.
I fear nothing.
The once and future "I told you so."
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Goodygumdrops wrote:Do you know what the word "imperialism" means?
No I don't, can you explain it to me? You seem pretty smart and I would appreciate it. Thanks! :D