Ladle streaming - are ppls interested in this?

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Ladle streaming - are ppls interested in this?

Post by Gonzap »

I am just done watching the whole last video of the stream (it's like 2 hours or so) and it was really fun to watch. The commentating was pretty good and I hope to see you guys doing it again!

(Dread you sound a lot like Froggen a pro LoL player) (sine's sexy voice) (and liz is a girl so always nice to listen to)

One more thing, I'M NOT A RAGER GOD DAMNIT.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

sinewav wrote:
Gaz wrote:Are you all planning on commentating the ladle too?
Yes, and all future ones when possible. At least Vogue and I are on board to help deliver this service.
This!

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll definitely do a better job glancing next time so I can catch more of the action. Someone help me with graphix pls and we might end up on the featured page sooner or later... l o l
pike
Round Winner

Post by pike »

I really enjoyed the commentary, it's much fun experience than just watching the game with arma sounds and chatting with random spectators :P I wonder if you could check how many people watched it live?
Vogue wrote:I'll definitely do a better job glancing next time so I can catch more of the action.
In the long run I don't think glancing is the solution, you can never really predict where the kills will happen and which zone will be conquered. Player switching is also semi-random and can be very confusing. I did a Ladle 18 video a while ago (http://youtu.be/cbj_nezsspM) and I had to watch every round 4-5 times + take notes to fully know what happens when and where. In this case custom cockpit is the only way to go I think.

btw: videos look much darker than it were on stream (you can barely see the floor grid which was perfectly visible yesterday)
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

It peaked around 40 people watching the stream. I'm trying to get the cockpit epsy made with a camera on both zones.

Damn, the moviepack + font in this video you made look amazing and very futuristic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI-0-dtt-yY I'd love to use it for next ladles!
Bytes
Round Winner

Post by Bytes »

Perhaps if you turned the camera_turn_speed down a fair bit it would give it a more cinematic look?
But yeah, with the cockpit you had I though it was about as good as it could get bar a couple of times where we were on a lone defender for too long :P
The only other thing I'd ask from a new cockpit would be the teamscores in the top right corner at all times if possible. Trying to remember what the score was at on those close last round CT matches was nerve racking!
The moviepack seemed fine, if you want to try something else like that ladle 27 one though that seemed good too, as you pointed out it's the high contrast which is the important bit.
-*inS*-
Round Winner

Post by -*inS*- »

Gonzap wrote:(Dread you sound a lot like Froggen a pro LoL player)
hah! I typed that in the twitch chat watching the finals :D
dreadlord
Match Winner

Post by dreadlord »

-*inS*- wrote:
Gonzap wrote:(Dread you sound a lot like Froggen a pro LoL player)
hah! I typed that in the twitch chat watching the finals :D
Is this good or bad? :P
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

let's say it was great to hear your commentating :D it's not sine's voice but you know... he's a sexy bitch :lol:
Shock
Core Dumper

Post by Shock »

DDMJ wrote: Also, I might jump in and commentate next Ladle if we lose before the finals.
Player interviewwss. Sounds fun[ny]!
pike
Round Winner

Post by pike »

Vogue wrote:Damn, the moviepack + font in this video you made look amazing and very futuristic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI-0-dtt-yY I'd love to use it for next ladles!
I found this wall texture and put it in a moviepack. Font is included only as font.png, I don't have .ttf file anymore and don't remember its name :?
Attachments
moviepack.zip
(58.28 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
Nub
Average Program

Post by Nub »

sinewav wrote:
Gaz wrote:Are you all planning on commentating the ladle too?
Yes, and all future ones when possible. At least Vogue and I are on board to help deliver this service.
You guys are great for doing all this. I think this can only better publicize the game, and help the community grow. I look forward to the ladle stream next week!
Image Image Image Image
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

Doing a stream test for tonight,
http://www.twitch.tv/armagetron_advanced/new

suggestions/questions/comments welcome
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

There's no game sounds but I gather there's not meant to be so working fine :done:
Bytes
Round Winner

Post by Bytes »

Personally I think the rubber/brake meters aren't needed and make the screen a bit busy. Other than that the cockpit looks great!
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

Hoax wrote:There's no game sounds but I gather there's not meant to be so working fine :done:
yeah, unless people want music in the background or tron sounds on........ doubt it tho
Bytes wrote:Personally I think the rubber/brake meters aren't needed and make the screen a bit busy. Other than that the cockpit looks great!
I'll see what majority says on twitch chat during the stream later, I can toggle them off if neccesary

anyway thx ppls who commented, had to check if it worked for most. if stream lags for you, it's because your internet can't download the video feed- I already put the stream at the lowest possible bandwidth so I can't do more for you.

big thanks to epsy for the cockpit