Ladle streaming - are ppls interested in this?

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Thump
Average Program

Re: Ladle streaming - are ppls interested in this?

Post by Thump »

Vogue wrote:
Sounds great, but eh.. twist? I hope you mean Twitch! An excellent and FREE program for this is Open Broadcaster Software. It's a bit complicated but I can help you with that if you're around on IRC.

For commentating, was thinking of an open teamspeak channel to let everyone watching talk in there. Might be chaotic, but this way you'll get to hear lots of opinions etc [moderated].

Yes, i meant twitch. My work schedule: 3pm - 11pm (est) mon-friday. However I dont work weekends. Anytime before 2pm or after 11:30pm I can be available currently. Shoot me a PM in uNk.me forums If you want as to when you can help me with this. I can probably figure it out but, i want to be sure I have optimal settings. I recorded some gameplay from livestream.com (i think that's it) under " thxmp " as my screename. It wasnt that great, but im hoping it was more the application than my setup. We'll see.
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Just thought I say I also like the idea of this. With good enough commentary it can be a good introduction for new players, or just entertainment for anyone.
Bytes
Round Winner

Post by Bytes »

I think commentators would definitely be better than a big TS channel, that would just get messy. As long as there's an IRC channel people can still chat.
Aiphaton
Average Program

Post by Aiphaton »

all in all it sounds like a great idea.

I think it was 2020 who made some commentated videos before.

here's an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O23Lesr_BYI

With this kind of commentation a ladle would be much better in my opinion.
- Don’t regret anything you do because in the end, it makes you who you are -
Nub
Average Program

Post by Nub »

I think it would be cool to have multiple people streaming at once, and multiple commentating. Say like 2 people watching blue and 2 watching gold. (Cameras windows are c1, c2, etc.) Whenever something interesting happens with one of the commentators, they can take control of the main camera view, kind of like how they film major sporting events with multiple cameras at once. That way each commentator can give the information about whomever they are following at that time. It would be tough to share commentator time well, but I think there are people mature/objective enough to handle it in the community.

I'm not sure if something like this is even remotely possible, but it's just an idea I had. (It's also really late, so tired me thinks this is an awesome idea, regardless of how impractical it may be).

Code: Select all

|           Main           |
|____                  ____|
| c3|                 | c4 |
|___|_________________|____|

Image Image Image Image
ppotter
Match Winner

Post by ppotter »

Someone had a cockpit(?) that showed the whole arena and then two small boxes had closeups of each zone. Can't remember who though, Sine maybe?
Shock
Core Dumper

Post by Shock »

Yeahh, Sine on page 4 of this topic showed a diagram of that.
Attachments
Sine's
Sine's
stream-cam-layout.png (9.69 KiB) Viewed 2917 times
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

ppotter wrote:Someone had a cockpit(?) that showed the whole arena and then two small boxes had closeups of each zone. Can't remember who though, Sine maybe?
Yes, someone(epsy) did have it, but it has dissapreaded, so a new one will have to be created. It was similar to sinewav's diagram.
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

Bowl should definitely be commentated and streamed, make it happen!
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

Working on it. :pacman: :sdot: :sdot: :sdot: :sdot:
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

I want to do some stream tests this weekend, I'll be using pickup games for that. If any even happen anymore. >.>
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

A little update on the streaming: it's definitely going to happen this ladle/bowl! It'll still be in testing-mode where we're unsure which settings to use, how to comment and what people enjoy, but bear with us. Bear. Suggestions are still welcome if you have any.

PS: oop, triplepost.
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

so can you post the link to the stream? is it going to be twitch? if it's not going to be twitch it'd be cool if the videos could be saved somewhere if you can't watch them live (everyone would like to watch his/her game but commentated!)
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

Also note that on twitch, the video is automatically deleted after some time unless you change a setting.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

I'll be creating a twitch for armagetron and the videos should be automatically saved- link will be advertised.