Ladle streaming - are ppls interested in this?

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Acidico
On Lightcycle Grid

Re: Ladle streaming - are ppls interested in this?

Post by Acidico »

sinewav wrote:
Acidico wrote:Is the goal to have it going by this ladle?
I will be winning the Ladle this month, so maybe next time.
Well, this is awkward... I was planning on winning actually. May the best team win!

glhf please refrain from hax excluding all of ct and mym.
Shock
Core Dumper

Post by Shock »

Ooo! I logged in to post my support for this. Any variation of it is a good start.
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

People were interested last time, it just stopped for some reason
Monkey.D.Luffy
Average Program

Post by Monkey.D.Luffy »

I remember listening to sine and that odd guy asking a lot of questions. Was pretty cool.
Pr3
Round Winner

Post by Pr3 »

The last ladle to be streamed was Ladle 47 (Z-man couldn't record that ladle). With the help of Word.. who used Livestream:
http://www.livestream.com/ladle/video?c ... m=ui-thumb
Commentary from sine.wav and epsy. The video was removed however. I do remember sine.wav and epsy made requests for additional commentary from the tron community, but there was little community involvement.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Pr3 wrote:I do remember sine.wav and epsy made requests for additional commentary from the tron community, but there was little community involvement.
I think that will change. Even in this short time more and more people are familiar with IRC and moving information in real-time. When Vogue and I do start streaming I'm sure there will be a good amount of information fed to us over chat, and compiled during the months between.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

A follow up on this - I need people with a good computer and connection to test their stream at twitch.tv and record some result for me. It seems my computer and tron's erratic movements isn't a good combination for streaming, the quality isn't as good as I'd like it to be. Someone else can do the streaming while Sine and me, and other people assuming we're not in the ladle finals, do the casting(talking). I've seen some of you volunteer earlier in the thread so let's get this idea going for the next ladle finals!
delinquent
Match Winner

Post by delinquent »

I'm up for streaming, you got a particular account that you want me to stream to?
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

No, any account on twitch. It would be nice if the username was tron related, of course. Hit me up on IRC whenever so I can watch you streaming, I'm curious to see your quality!

I believe Cronix and others volunteered as well, not sure though. We need to find the person with the best quality.
Cronix
Match Winner

Post by Cronix »

Well my upload is only 0.5mbit/s ... I do not get the best quality... even with OBS it is impossible :D It is watchable atleast for SC2... dunno for tron tho
Signature? wtf...
þsy
Match Winner

Post by þsy »

Providing my router can connect to the internet, I could help with the commentating though I've never done it before. I will definitely not be participating in the ladle itself, and will be available for games streamed providing something doesn't come up for that night
delinquent
Match Winner

Post by delinquent »

Sorry Vogue my current router is being belligerent. I'm getting a new one soon, I'll try it then.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

That's okay. I'm trying again with some help of people who are experienced with it, to optimize it for my computer/connection. Hopefully before next ladle!
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

Herpderp. *Bumps old topic*. This was a good idea! Anyone have any updates on this?
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean
Goodygumdrops
Round Winner

Post by Goodygumdrops »

Ratchet wrote:Herpderp. *Bumps old topic*. This was a good idea! Anyone have any updates on this?
Dunno about the doofuses who are planning on doing this, but I can say that for me streaming tron while playing is a nightmare. I never tried to stream it while spec'ing, though.
The once and future "I told you so."