Ladle 63

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Ladle 63

Post by ElmosWorld »

Ladle 63

Note: November marks the start of winter times. First round will start at 18:45 GMT.
Last edited by ElmosWorld on Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Re: Ladle 63

Post by ElmosWorld »

EDIT: nvm seems to be fixed now glhf
Zimblunk
Average Program

Post by Zimblunk »

ATTENTION:

If you are a team leader, and you are at risk of losing power in the oncoming Hurricane Sandy hitting the east coast of the US, consider either signing up your team now, or assigning someone else as team leader. This way, your team does not miss Thursday's signup deadline if you do not have power by then.
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

I said this in the ISL topic:
Overrated wrote:I know there's been a lot of power outages around the Northeastern part of the US and a little of the Midwestern and Eastern coast. I don't know if anyone is affected by it from this community, but to me I feel like it should be pushed at least a week considering the aftermath that might occur. Uncontrollable event, no real choice involved, only seems potentially fair considering this could be pushing a few people out of playing (especially with a few teams with limited players).
Yeah, it's a little early, but again this is an uncontrollable event (feel like we've had this debate before), and it could push people out. Doesn't seem fair for some people to lose this freedom of playing because of a natural disaster.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
Kijutsu
Match Winner

Post by Kijutsu »

that's a cool opinion and all Over, but it's better to go right ahead and make a poll, more efficient
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

Kijutsu wrote:that's a cool opinion and all Over, but it's better to go right ahead and make a poll, more efficient
The main point was to draw a discussion to develop the conclusion if a poll was needed, not to just make a poll. Saves the angst.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

If it didn't get moved for euro cup finals, I don't see it being moved for this.
Gaz
Round Winner

Post by Gaz »

Ladle 63 is still days away, i doubt anyone will be affected still.. and if they are then they can most certainly find subs.. but lets start a poll.

Majority will not be affected.
DaGarBBaGeMAN
Core Dumper

Post by DaGarBBaGeMAN »

My area was in the center of the storm, and I already got power back.
Image -made by az95

Tobe
Round Winner

Post by Tobe »

It's different for each county/area when they will get their power back. I forgot which hurricane it was, but I lost power for like 1.5 weeks. Some people in my school only had a power outage for like 5 days and others for about 3 weeks.

Edit: A vote would be pretty skewed considering those without power probably won't be voting, lol...
<-- Proud co-leader of Rogue Tronners
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

ElmosWorld wrote:If it didn't get moved for euro cup finals, I don't see it being moved for this.
Which would be ignorance if that's the reason.

But yeah, it's just a thought. I'm not affected by the hurricane itself, but to know that some people might not be able to attend because of something beyond their control (natural disasters) just seems unfair to me.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

what
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by what »

Posting here from NJ were hurricane sandy nearly destroyed Jersey Shore. Anyways power will be back in around 4-5 days. 90% of long island is powerless and most of manhattan is powerless.

I had a backup generator so i was prepared :)

50 houses went on fire in NYC
My side fence flew on to my neighbors yard (Pretty big fence)
My garbage cans are missing
There was water up to my shoulder on a main street (i am 6'1)
Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Concord »

Overrated wrote: But yeah, it's just a thought. I'm not affected by the hurricane itself, but to know that some people might not be able to attend because of something beyond their control (natural disasters) just seems unfair to me.
life ain't fair
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

ElmosWorld wrote:If it didn't get moved for euro cup finals, I don't see it being moved for this.

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

Cronix
Match Winner

Post by Cronix »

So if anybody is looking for a team.

Just message me :P We have space for more players and you will play ;)

You could be a part of the glorious second team from CT :D
Signature? wtf...