Ladle 63

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

þsy
Match Winner

Re: Ladle 63

Post by þsy »

AI-team wrote:
ElmosWorld wrote:If it didn't get moved for euro cup finals, I don't see it being moved for this.
I totally disagree with this. An eye-for-an-eye approach is not a good response at all - all those arguments I put forward on that flippin stupid Euros final discussion would have been in vain and very hypocritical if I didn't stand by my point. For the sake of competition (which let's be honest, is already hard to come by), and also for people's health (the last thing I want is for someone's roof to fall on them because they wouldn't stop tronning), I think we should move it on a week if it affects a substantial amount of players

Having said that, I can't play either way, so my opinion is less important in this instance
Soul
Match Winner

Post by Soul »

Being in an area where we got hit "hard", I think it should stay this Sunday. Most people will have power back well before Sunday. (Unless you were on the shoreline and your house is underwater)
Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Concord »

I'd suspect that if you got hit and won't have power back by sunday playing in the ladle is probably among the least of your concerns
TehPrettyLines

Post by TehPrettyLines »

Concord wrote:I'd suspect that if you got hit and won't have power back by sunday playing in the ladle is probably among the least of your concerns
This.
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

it doesn't matter if it's their concern or not, it's about getting the chance of playing if they want to. The euro finals is not equal to this situation, you could choose within watching euro finals or playing ladle, in this case you don't have a choice, u just miss it no matter what.

So, i'd vote for moving it a week.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Are there any teams missing players because of the storm? So for I haven't seen anyone say their team can't play because they don't have enough players due to the storm. I think the Ladle should go on as normal. That said, teams should make an effort to sign up soon because brackets are scheduled to be randomized in less that 24 hours.
Slickster
Round Winner

Post by Slickster »

Concord wrote:I'd suspect that if you got hit and won't have power back by sunday playing in the ladle is probably among the least of your concerns
Yeah, this. Subs are allowed because sometimes people can't make it...A hurricane is gonna cause someone to the ladle just as like a family trip would. Same principle, same reasoning for the ladle to continue.
Fate
Average Program

Post by Fate »

I vote we keep it the same day, I had to take work off to make it this sunday.... sooo ya.
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

Is really sad what happened in USA and i hope everyone get powers and all yours things back. Anyway in this case i dont see too many people is missing ladle because of it, most of people i spoke got powers back and players that usually play are playing armagetron right now. I would like keep it on Sunday.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

BRACKETS

All seeded teams got a bye this time, so please relax and enjoy yourself. We are missing one each US/EU server, but might not need them. I think AoT NY is down due to the hurricane. If it comes back online before Sunday I'll update the bracket.

:wink: GL;HF
Zimblunk
Average Program

Post by Zimblunk »

Raw data for the Ladle participation graph attached.
Attachments
LadleParticipationWithAvgs-Ladle63.xls
(42.5 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

-1(or more if more is allowed) CT USA/LIV

+1 RZ 2
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

+1 aot ok, was very good except for the crash

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

-10 to rz 1

gms uNk.
Cronix
Match Winner

Post by Cronix »

Bad luck Zero :P this time your server was not as good as it used to be :/

AOT UK was ok. Crashed once during SP vs uNk tho. For CT vs uNk it was okay... atleast for me: +1

good matches uNk :) finally played you guys again xD
Signature? wtf...