Ladle 60

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Slickster
Round Winner

Re: Ladle 60

Post by Slickster »

Just to confirm, it's not allowed to add more than 2 people to a roster after brackets are already posted?
PokeMaster
Match Winner

Post by PokeMaster »

No, but once the ladle starts, and before the semi-finals start, you may use as many subs as you'd like who haven't played for another team and without your opponent's consent. After the start of the semis you need your opponent's consent. So basically the limit of only 2 additions really does nothing.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

PokeMaster wrote:So basically the limit of only 2 additions really does nothing.
No, it does everything it needs to do to prevent team switching, which is what it's there for.
PokeMaster
Match Winner

Post by PokeMaster »

Well players could just remove themselves from the challenge board, and then sub for the team they want to play for.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

PokeMaster wrote:Well players could just remove themselves from the challenge board, and then sub for the team they want to play for.
Right. Because if a whole team did that there wouldn't be any repercussions. Oh wait...

Attention Wild West:
You have now added a total of 4 players to your team after the brackets have been filled. In addition to "Ratchet, tRonPaul, Capone, Punish, Magi, Tweezy, Destiny," you have added "Bullet, Ritsuka, Fippmam, and MusicMeg," (apparently "Cronix" will play for you too). If you want to have subs, fine, but please don't make unnecessary edits to the Challenge Board. Also, please remove two of your 4 additions. Remember, the players listed on the Challenge Board will have ramifications next April when we have the next Tronic Bowl. Thank you.
Soul
Match Winner

Post by Soul »

So only players listed on the challenge board are included when it comes down to the bowl? Any subs don't count towards it?
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Soul wrote:So only players listed on the challenge board are included when it comes down to the bowl? Any subs don't count towards it?
Right. A substitute is just that, a substitution to the team (not a part of the team, but a surrogate). It is the team's commitment we want to celebrate. A team that works together for the whole season, a team who's commitment and dedication gives them a chance at the title of "best" for that year.

If you find the same substitutes playing for you month after month, you should consider adding them to your roster. :wink:
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Cody »

sinewav wrote:
PokeMaster wrote:Well players could just remove themselves from the challenge board, and then sub for the team they want to play for.
Right. Because if a whole team did that there wouldn't be any repercussions. Oh wait...

Attention Wild West:
You have now added a total of 4 players to your team after the brackets have been filled. In addition to "Ratchet, tRonPaul, Capone, Punish, Magi, Tweezy, Destiny," you have added "Bullet, Ritsuka, Fippmam, and MusicMeg," (apparently "Cronix" will play for you too). If you want to have subs, fine, but please don't make unnecessary edits to the Challenge Board. Also, please remove two of your 4 additions. Remember, the players listed on the Challenge Board will have ramifications next April when we have the next Tronic Bowl. Thank you.

He doesn't want to change the roster he said. lol
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

I don't understand why you old ***** care enough about this to make up these rules that have no relevance at all. Who cares how many people I added after brackets? You want me to start putting the full ******* 40-man roster each ladle and just start subtracting people? You better bet your hard earned dollar that's exactly what I'm going to do if I seriously have to take two people that asked to play off.

There's no sense it having a limitation, so long as the people are confirmed to play for that team (Which is the leader's responsibility, not anyone else's). There shouldn't be any rules aside from aliases as far as team goes. Anything else is retarded.

It's. simply. nonsense.
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Ratchet wrote:I don't understand why you old ***** care enough about this to make up these rules that have no relevance at all. Who cares how many people I added after brackets? You want me to start putting the full ******* 40-man roster each ladle and just start subtracting people? You better bet your hard earned dollar that's exactly what I'm going to do if I seriously have to take two people that asked to play off.

There's no sense it having a limitation, so long as the people are confirmed to play for that team (Which is the leader's responsibility, not anyone else's). There shouldn't be any rules aside from aliases as far as team goes. Anything else is retarded.

It's. simply. nonsense.
It's not nonsense at all. In fact, adding your whole roster is exactly what you should be doing. If you think these rules are irrelevant, you should educate yourself on why the rules exist in the first place. Start here, then read the subsequent dozen other threads related to it. The wiki also has a page named "voting" and that will tell you what rules exist, when they were created, links to why, and by what majority they were decided. Ladle is srs biz. If you don't want to make the changes, it will be up to your opponents to decide if you have a legal team or not, and we'll be expected to support them.

And watch the ageism... kid. ;)

Attention Everyone.
I edited the servers a bit. I read on IRC that TronZero 1 was listed twice (I'm not sure how) so I changed the name of the appropriate one to TronZero 2. Also, I think we are still missing an EU server.

Good luck and have fun everyone.
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Cody »

sinewav wrote:
Ratchet wrote:I don't understand why you old ***** care enough about this to make up these rules that have no relevance at all. Who cares how many people I added after brackets? You want me to start putting the full ******* 40-man roster each ladle and just start subtracting people? You better bet your hard earned dollar that's exactly what I'm going to do if I seriously have to take two people that asked to play off.

It's. simply. nonsense.
It's not nonsense at all. In fact, adding your whole roster is exactly what you should be doing. If you think these rules are irrelevant, you should educate yourself on why the rules exist in the first place. Start here, then read the subsequent dozen other threads related to it. The wiki also has a page named "voting" and that will tell you what rules exist, when they were created, links to why, and by what majority they were decided. Ladle is srs biz. If you don't want to make the changes, it will be up to your opponents to decide if you have a legal team or not, and we'll be expected to support them.

And watch the ageism... kid. ;)

Attention Everyone.
I edited the servers a bit. I read on IRC that TronZero 1 was listed twice (I'm not sure how) so I changed the name of the appropriate one to TronZero 2. Also, I think we are still missing an EU server.

Good luck and have fun everyone.
So say they beat Elite Reborn(they probably not to keen on Ladle rules to know this in advance) and then vs Pl, Pl can decide if the original roster is playing and if they're not they can choose not to versus them? Do tell more sinewav !
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

That'd be really shitty and pathetic, but sure, go ahead..
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Cody wrote:Do tell more sinewav!
Hush you. This all proceeds in the name of good sportsmanship. The rules are there to keep everyone in check, to remind us to be "good sports." And similarly, the teams Wild West will play against can exercise their own judgment. If they feel like playing against a Wild West team that's significantly different than that original list isn't fair, they have a right to protest. Or they could say "whatever" and play without a care in the world. We all have these rights.
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

sinewav wrote:
Cody wrote:Do tell more sinewav!
Hush you. This all proceeds in the name of good sportsmanship. The rules are there to keep everyone in check, to remind us to be "good sports." And similarly, the teams Wild West will play against can exercise their own judgment. If they feel like playing against a Wild West team that's significantly different than that original list isn't fair, they have a right to protest. Or they could say "whatever" and play without a care in the world. We all have these rights.
I'll take the names off just out of respect, but I really don't appreciate the rules that shouldn't apply in this situation. Just because I chose to wait until certain players confirmed they could play shouldn't mean we have to take names off. I really don't fancy the idea of having a monstrous roster until people tell me they can't make it. I think it's rather ridiculous to have issues with "Team switching" 2 days before the ladle. Perhaps if all of this was done today, or on ladle day, it would be a horrible thing, but that's still several days in advance.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

:o Holy crap. Warning: multi-quote on the way...
Ratchet wrote:I'll take the names off just out of respect, but I really don't appreciate the rules that shouldn't apply in this situation.
The rules apply to everyone. The situation is this: The brackets have been chosen, the Challenge Board is locked down. And bitching about following the rules everyone else does is not "respectful" in the least. And no one gives a rat's ass if you don't appreciate it.
Ratchet wrote:Just because I chose to wait until certain players confirmed they could play shouldn't mean we have to take names off.
Have you read the rules at all? And there has been a whole month to confirm your players. I'm sorry your team isn't dedicated. Don't take your misfortune out on the rest of us.
Ratchet wrote:I really don't fancy the idea of having a monstrous roster until people tell me they can't make it.
Why do you care if someone listed can't make it? What difference does it make? Just put up everyone that might play and be done with it. If people want to join your team after sign-ups close, just pick them up as subs on Ladle day. These rules are a simple courtesy and we are all expected to be courteous to each other. Some teams just copy/paste their whole roster month to month. Again, it's not for us to accommodate your team's lack of commitment.
Ratchet wrote:I think it's rather ridiculous to have issues with "Team switching" 2 days before the ladle. Perhaps if all of this was done today, or on ladle day, it would be a horrible thing, but that's still several days in advance.
But it's precisely because team switching happened on Ladle day that this rule exist in the first place. I can see you haven't done your homework like I asked (see links above... again). It was a horrible thing. If you want to be ignorant and complain and show everyone your arrogance, that's fine with me. I've got the free time to keep pointing it out. And seriously, do you have any idea what day it is? Ladle isn't several days away. It's in a few hours. ........ Wake. Up.