Ladle 59 Vote: CLOSED

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

sinewav
Graphic Artist

Ladle 59 Vote: CLOSED

Post by sinewav »

Voting closes on 28 June at 18:00 GMT. Only Team Leaders (or an authorized representative) of a team listed on the Challenge Board may vote, one vote per team.

The Choices:
Play Ladle 59 on July 1st (traditional, default)
Play Ladle 59 on July 8th (moved for soccer)

Achtung!
Remember, only teams signed up on the Challenge Board may vote. Be smart about how you sign up. Do not sign up aliased teams/players to sway the vote. Do not take a clan of 12 players and split them into 3 teams instead of 2 for more votes. Do not sign up if you have no intention to play either date. Don't do anything that might make people uncomfortable because that will surely cause a disruption and the vote will fall into chaos, nullifying the result, leaving us with the default date of July 1st.

If the Ladle date moves, we can wait and fill the brackets the following week so more teams can sign up without problems.
Last edited by sinewav on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ritsuka
Round Winner

Re: Ladle 59 Vote: OPEN

Post by Ritsuka »

Pure Luck: We vote that the ladle date be moved to July 8, 2012

Edit: Vote changed due to clan participation. (Ironically, US players.)
Last edited by Ritsuka on Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Loki
Average Program

Post by ~Loki »

Team Elite votes to Play Ladle 59 on July 8th, 2012.
lonewolf
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by lonewolf »

Xenocide votes for Ladle 59 to remain played on its original date (July 1st, 2012).
I didn't choose the thug life, thug life chose me - Abraham Lincoln
Core Dumper

Post by 0000 »

rZ votes to play ladle on the 1st as several members cannot play the 8th, as they specifically planned to be free the 1st.
Ritsuka
Round Winner

Post by Ritsuka »

Notice how concerned the European teams were about this, and yet only Americans have voted so far.
þsy
Match Winner

Post by þsy »

Cripes, you're right, we might as well have it on the 1st then

SP is currently voting on the issue, we'll have an answer in the next couple of days
Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Mkay1 »

Vote retracted. ......
Last edited by Mkay1 on Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
þsy
Match Winner

Post by þsy »

Problem! If we are supposed to put down the teams we usually would for an ordinary ladle (like Poke said when I asked), then mkay would usually be in SP... But he is already in another team (which he's never played with before). What do I do?

PokeMaster wrote:Signup as if it were any other ladle that your usual amount of people could attend. So yes, 2 teams for you guys.
Kijutsu
Match Winner

Post by Kijutsu »

þsy wrote:Problem! If we are supposed to put down the teams we usually would for an ordinary ladle (like Poke said when I asked), then mkay would usually be in SP... But he is already in another team (which he's never played with before). What do I do?

PokeMaster wrote:Signup as if it were any other ladle that your usual amount of people could attend. So yes, 2 teams for you guys.
Oh god, another dumbo. Sign the team up without Mkay and vote.
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

þsy
Match Winner

Post by þsy »

Dumbo was drawing attention to the flawed system of voting. Essentially most methods of voting on here are flawed, as they can usually be manipulated (but rarely are). In this case I guess Dumbo was just trying to point out that this voting method was being manipulated to serve personal interests

Anyway, I have exhausted way too much energy on this, it really isn't worth it any more. Like most consensus making decisions on here, it tends to be a battle of attrition more so than anything else. Thus I conclude; I am worn out and cannot be bothered - have a good ladle, gl hf

(EDIT: On a rather cynical note, I think most people are perfectly aware that the results are being manipulated. But the people who'd usually be vocal against such a move are in favour of the incentives behind it, and are actually being compliant in its execution)
Kijutsu
Match Winner

Post by Kijutsu »

Translation of Psy's post: Boohoo, I'm missing one ladle and people aren't giving me my way!!!!!!!!
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Hey guys, it would probably be better to use the discussion thread for discussion and leave this one for votes. I think the outcome could go either way, so let's just stay focused and see what happens over the next 5 days. That's a long time. Get a team on the Challenge Board and make yourself heard.

:wink: Thanks.
Kijutsu
Match Winner

Post by Kijutsu »

Twixted Xats votes for: Play Ladle 59 on July 1st (traditional, default)