Ladle 59

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

dreadlord
Match Winner

Re: Ladle 59

Post by dreadlord »

Strange Ladle, perhaps because of the Euro 2012. Congratulations to Spain.
Thanks for the matches Rogue Tronners, we were not as challenging as we wanted to be (I'm the one to blame) but had fun, at least speaking for myself. Sorry for your bad lags and slides.
teen
Round Winner

Post by teen »

gm;s all veryfun gmspain gz!!!!!

gz speeder and gz all
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

Good matches everyone!

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

PokeMaster
Match Winner

Post by PokeMaster »

oh man I think I speak for all Rogues when I say that this was a fun ladle, but maybe that's just because we're finally starting to dig out of our slump. Anyway, I had a lot of fun with the matches, so thanks to everybody for that! See you at the 5 year anniversary!

Also,

DLH's +1
TronZero +1
CT LIV -1

Here's a screenshot of CT LIV from my end, BEFORE the lagspike at the end. I was playing with this or worse basically the entire time. My point isn't that I live so far away blah blah blah, it's that the server was clearly a poor choice to use, as all people outside of Europe had a similar experience with it.
Attachments
phpcltoMrPM.jpg
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

I can say I had a lot of fun once I got to move back to center during this ladle. Defense is definitely not my forte, and once Luffy came it was extremely enjoyable for me to move back to a more comfortable position.

On that, very good matches Xenocide (gave us a run for our money those first two matches), Revolver and TX. Wish I didn't have to work, would have loved to play in the finals against SP. Hopefully next ladle will be more fun than this one was (surprisingly enough, it was more fun even with the euro cup finals going on).

Congrats SP.

CT LIV -1 (server may have needed a restart badly, the lags were awful)
Tronzero #1 +1 (I know this is basically a rotating/not consistent server but this ladle it was the best US server I've ever played in, although I don't know if I can vouch for anyone else)
dlh's USA 0 (a few random lags for me, but otherwise ran fine)
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
garisimo
Average Program

Post by garisimo »

Yes nice ladle. GZ to Speeders again for displaying Superb sKiLLz and great Team Work.
I would like to ask the possibility of changing the rules just a bit.
Spook and team UNK. i feel for you. I know the feeling of showing up to your ladle match and NO ONE SHOWS UP. Which is why i will never ever put up another OPEN TEAM.
I would like to have seen teams like .UNK and SPOOK's team merge. That would have made it more enjoyable for me. In the future it would be nice if we could bend or alter the rules so that TWO teams with a bunch of NO SHOWS could either:
a) draw from a pool of players on a reserve/sub list (which PL did succesfully)
b) merge two teams into one
Either of these choices i think will enhance the enjoyable aspects of the ladle; However, i am sure ppl will try to take advantage of this idea rather than using it for a good purpose.
All i am saying is that if SPOOK and lari were somehow able to merge with UNK. the 1 match would have been more fun for PL than the two we played.
I hope i made my point clear enough...
PokeMaster
Match Winner

Post by PokeMaster »

garisimo wrote:However, i am sure ppl will try to take advantage of this idea rather than using it for a good purpose.
You could make it so that the two teams that merge do a coinflip with an irc bot to decide which of the two bracket spots they play in. That's about as far as I think it should go though. Having some options on the day of, when things might go haywire, is nice, but too much flexibility will subtract from the organization, meaningfulness, and ultimately the fun of the ladle.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
vov
Match Winner

Post by vov »

Spontaneus merging also happens at CTF Brawls. It works there. I'd suggest to have the team the merged one plays against have to agree to let them play to not make people able to abuse merging but then I'd like it. Maybe we won't ever need it anyway since this ladle was special but wouldn't hurt imo ;)

ggs anyone who played and everyone who watched football as well :)
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Global stats attached.

:) Congratulations Xenocide on your first match win! Keep up the good work.
Attachments
ladle_stats_59.xls
(22.5 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
Zimblunk
Average Program

Post by Zimblunk »

On the wiki, sine.wav wrote: * Hey, can you add the raw data [for "LadleParticipationByMonth.png"] to a wiki comment so we have a record of it here?

Something comma separated like...

July 2010,14
August 2010,16
September 2010,16

This way others can use your work and even take over for you if you abandon it. CSV data would be great, or even posting the file you use every month on the forums like the global stats are. Maybe we can even merge the two later. Thanks man. ~~sine.wav
Here's the raw data for the graph found on the ladle statistics page. It is a Microsoft Excel 2004 document.

I have no idea how to merge xls files, but if you know an easy way, go for it. :)
Attachments
LadleParticipationByMonth-Ladle59.xls
(37.5 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Thanks man, I'll get to work on that.