Ladle 59 Date

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

þsy
Match Winner

Re: Ladle 59 Date

Post by þsy »

Total number now at 31... That's about a third of ladle participants right (16 teams of 6)? Not counting those who haven't voted yet, plus those who won't get round to voting but will be missing it for the football

Other than those who can make the 1st, but not the 8th, I still haven't found any reasonable argument for not moving it...

And all those who are against it seem to be American (with a few exceptions)!
Ritsuka
Round Winner

Post by Ritsuka »

þsy wrote:And all those who are against it seem to be American (with a few exceptions)!
>Americans don't matter.
~Loki
Average Program

Post by ~Loki »

This community loves drama you can tell...

Anyways to the point I think this was handled at first politely and professionally and people kind of just ranted. The ladle needs more teams with every month and year we lose Players and teams.
Granted the idea of moving ladle for a event is a little crazy considering it's only euro champ match, but A. We can not let this happen every month and B. This will indeed give us the vantage point if someday down the line there is a huge event we would like to see etc.
Although I must say wolf brings up a perfect point. Record that shit not a big deal.

Either way I'd say move it I can show to either day like alot of others seems we'd prefer to have the majority of teams and quality players than Just another ladle.

(don't judge my spelling :p iPhone)
Last edited by ~Loki on Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

Im Argentinian, i love soccer, and i still prefer play ladle on 1st
Ritsuka
Round Winner

Post by Ritsuka »

Consider this: I can only make the scheduled date. That being said, I am only one person and that will not affect the ladle, right?

Wrong. If I can't make it my team won't have enough players to compete. Most of the euros who won't show belong to clans that have plenty of players that can make it. Please don't screw up our ladle because you don't have dvr. Or maybe decide what's more important?
lonewolf
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by lonewolf »

For all you people using the poll to back up your arguement, did you ever consider that this system is flawed. Some people could, and probably are just voting no because they want the date on the 8th, not because they WON'T attend.
I didn't choose the thug life, thug life chose me - Abraham Lincoln
ppotter
Match Winner

Post by ppotter »

To all those proposing that players torn between the two events record the Euros; would you rather watch the Super Bowl live with all your mates/family, or watch a recording of it, on your own?
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

ppotter wrote:To all those proposing that players torn between the two events record the Euros; would you rather watch the Super Bowl live with all your mates/family, or watch a recording of it, on your own?
Iirc people had to leave early/skip the ladle for the super bowl because that was when the ladles were taking a really long time.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

PokeMaster wrote:As the polls show right now, 22 more people would be attending the ladle if we moved it back a week.
Be sure to subtract the players "we" "are" "going" "to" "win" "ladle" and "real" -- and the dozens of aliases people use on this game which could influence the poll. I think you can see how this polling is completely useless when there is an argument at hand. That's why we came up with the quarterly voting system. In fact, we had a procedure to settle this exact scenario regarding dates.
þsy wrote:Epsy: Well I don't think we're aware of this, and rather than accuse us of ignoring procedure, wouldn't it be far more helpful to tell us what the procedure is, so we can implement it?
The procedure was voting with Team Leaders. But, everyone seemed to think we could just magically solve our differences when they appeared so voting was abandoned due to laziness. Now you can see how being lazy yesterday affects you today. We are back to the good old days of every problem erupting into 3-4 threads of people arguing over trivial shit. This is what you get when you abandon what works for what doesn't.

You want the date to change? Make a voting thread for Team Leaders the way we used to. All the procedures are there for you to open your eyes and see.
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

The EURO final has been scheduled for at least 7 months. Suggesting a date change 2 weeks in advance of the event isn't very considerate.

You should start a poll which uses the Quarterly Voting process right now if you want to change the date…
Pr3
Round Winner

Post by Pr3 »

I suggest you ask the last ladles teams to vote (Team Leaders). Individual votes isn't something we can accurately determine with all these aliases.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Pr3 wrote:I suggest you ask the last ladles teams to vote (Team Leaders).
No, that's not how it works. Past Team Leaders aren't affected. Future ones are. The rules for Ladle votes are clearly outlined. Only teams signed up on the Challenge Board for the next Ladle can vote, one vote per team by designated representative.* Also, the L-59 Challenge Board isn't set up, so someone might want to work on that first.

Sign your team up for Ladle whether you can make it on the 1st or not (because you might play on the 8th). Someone can create a voting thread tomorrow or Thursday using previous threads as an example. Voting will close before the brackets are chosen. Problem solved. Keep in mind that, with the exception of New Years, no Ladle dates have ever been changed through a vote. They weren't changed for the World Cup and I can't see how this would be any different. So don't be surprised if you don't get the results you expect.

* If anyone has ideas about aliased teams to sway the vote, don't do it. The system works because of honesty and transparency. Besides, you would probably need several aliased teams to make a difference and that would make for a clearly bogus vote, nullifying the result.
Pr3
Round Winner

Post by Pr3 »

I'm fine with that. I simply didn't like the individual voting idea.
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

dlh wrote:The EURO final has been scheduled for at least 7 months. Suggesting a date change 2 weeks in advance of the event isn't very considerate.
This and everything about it.

I doubt I'd accept the fact that it's still being taken over for a sporting event, regardless of the popularity of it, but if this was going to be an issue it should have been brought up months before that way some people (insa, ritsuka) could have talked to their employers with more than one or two weeks notice (probably one since we still have to get a clear vote and confirmation).

On the note of the Super Bowl, I would have loved to attend both the ladle and watch the Super Bowl. If I recall, I was able to show up for the opening match against SP (when we had concord and elmo subbing for us?) and then had to leave because of work. At least I was able to play the opening round, I guess, but work forced me to miss the rest of the ladle and the Super Bowl (I don't have dvr), although I was slightly happier knowing I didn't watch it seeing the team who won it... On that note, I'd rather support insa and ritsuka (if they still would attend on June 1st), especially given the circumstances that it is just a sporting event, as is this is JUST a game and missing one ladle (when we have 12 in a year) won't effect you in the long run.

Also, although I'm not a huge fan of football, but I have been watching a lot more recently; if I can attend the ladle, then I will be watching the finals along with a majority of other people and still be playing in the ladle. Obviously it's different given it would be more enjoyable to watch with other people, but...

Ladle should not be moved for a sporting event... Especially if you can't notify us more than two to three weeks in advance... I missed most of the February ladle (didn't actually know until a week and a half before), but I felt like we were playing well when I had to leave, but I had to leave. It happens. Deal with it, ladle shouldn't be moved.

Also, as I said before, If I can make whatever day the ladle is, then it won't stop me from playing. I just don't think a ladle should be moved for a sporting event.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
PokeMaster
Match Winner

Post by PokeMaster »

sinewav wrote:
PokeMaster wrote:As the polls show right now, 22 more people would be attending the ladle if we moved it back a week.
Be sure to subtract the players "we" "are" "going" "to" "win" "ladle" and "real" -- and the dozens of aliases people use on this game which could influence the poll.
Ah, I see. Yeah that makes sense, and it's something to take into consideration. It should be noted that the same thing could have been done to by people who want to keep the ladle on the 1st. Not saying they would magically balance out or even be close numbers (we really have no way of knowing), but it's something to consider.
dlh wrote:The EURO final has been scheduled for at least 7 months. Suggesting a date change 2 weeks in advance of the event isn't very considerate.
Yeah, I have to agree with this. This was poor foresight to say the least. Let's get a move on it then. If I knew how to set the challenge board without fear of screwing it up, I'd do it. That's not the case; can somebody else please do it? :D
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image