PM Vote Trial for Ladle 57

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

ElmosWorld
Match Winner

PM Vote Trial for Ladle 57

Post by ElmosWorld »

Instead of just talking about it for weeks, lets get started on the trial.
Did the accused player, <name>, violate Rule #<n> or commit an offense? No, Yes and they should receive (1 warning, 2 warnings, 3 warnings)
Did the accused player, weed, violate Rule #3 for players (Only Team Leaders may add, edit or remove their team from the Challenge Board)? No, Yes and they should receive (1 warning, 2 warnings, 3 warnings)

Did the accused player, insa, violate Rule #2 for players(Players can not be signed up under multiple teams.)? No, Yes and they should receive (1 warning, 2 warnings, 3 warnings)

Did the accused player, vov, violate Rule #2 for players(Players can not be signed up under multiple teams.)? No, Yes and they should receive (1 warning, 2 warnings, 3 warnings)

Did the accused player, FoFo, violate Rule #2 for players(Players can not be signed up under multiple teams.)? No, Yes and they should receive (1 warning, 2 warnings, 3 warnings)

Did the accused player, slash, violate Rule #2 for players(Players can not be signed up under multiple teams.)? No, Yes and they -should receive (1 warning, 2 warnings, 3 warnings)

Did the accused player, Eckz, violate Rule #2 for players(Players can not be signed up under multiple teams.)? No, Yes and they should receive (1 warning, 2 warnings, 3 warnings)

Did the accused player, wap, violate Rule #2 for players(Players can not be signed up under multiple teams.)? No, Yes and they should receive (1 warning, 2 warnings, 3 warnings)

Did the accused player, ppotter, violate Rule #2 for players(Players can not be signed up under multiple teams.)? No, Yes and they should receive (1 warning, 2 warnings, 3 warnings)

According to this,
How a PM Vote Trial works wrote: A Ladle enthusiast creates a new forums thread about the PM Vote Trial.
The enthusiast sends PMs to the Team Leaders and server admins of the Ladle in which the incident occured. All Team Leaders must be included, even if one of them is accused of committing an offense.
Ensure the voter names are in the BCC field and not the TO field.
The voting period should be open for one week.
Team Leaders discuss the vote with their team.
Team Leaders and server admins, send their vote back to the Ladle enthusiast. Teams with more than one Team Leader should only send one vote.
The Ladle enthusiast tallies the votes.
The Ladle enthusiast posts the results.
This is the forums thread. I will send the PM shortly. Voting period will close one week from now. Saturday May 19 22:24 UTC
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Re: PM Vote Trial for Ladle 57

Post by ElmosWorld »

I was following what was posted on the wiki here for the warnings.
Last edited by ElmosWorld on Sun May 13, 2012 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

Will the results be anonymous, and verifiable like the last voting trial?
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

dlh wrote:Will the results be anonymous, and verifiable like the last voting trial?
I was planning on that yes. I can make them known if that is preferred though
-*inS*-
Round Winner

Post by -*inS*- »

I think you should post a list of the people who have been PM'd.
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

-*inS*- wrote:I think you should post a list of the people who have been PM'd.
I'm not sure if I agree with this entirely. The point of anonymity is to avoid certain issues with certain people. Although it might be best so as not to have any confusion, but it could result in a lot more backlash than necessary.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
-*inS*-
Round Winner

Post by -*inS*- »

Overrated wrote:
-*inS*- wrote:I think you should post a list of the people who have been PM'd.
I'm not sure if I agree with this entirely. The point of anonymity is to avoid certain issues with certain people. Although it might be best so as not to have any confusion, but it could result in a lot more backlash than necessary.
1200 (old thread) wrote:For the poll to be fair i think the criteria that chooses who votes should be fair as well.
Agreed with that ^

Also in order for the poll to be verifiable it's easiest to just post the list (but not who had each voter key).

Oh and also there was some backlash last time due to people getting left off/forgotten.
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

I followed what it said on the wiki, which I said in the first post. Team leaders and server admins got a pm.
ElmosWorld wrote:...

According to this,
How a PM Vote Trial works wrote: ...
The enthusiast sends PMs to the Team Leaders and server admins of the Ladle in which the incident occured. All Team Leaders must be included, even if one of them is accused of committing an offense.
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

And an emphasis for clarification.

While all team leaders were pm'd, only one vote will count per team.
PokeMaster
Match Winner

Post by PokeMaster »

Before we vote, howabout we give each player a chance to explain themselves? I'm going to wait at least a few days to vote so that I can hear each individual's side of the story. (Although to be fair, they have had plenty of time to clear their name in the ladle topic if they cared to do so.)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

I believe all involved have said one thing or another in the other thread but sure take the whole week if you want.
-*inS*-
Round Winner

Post by -*inS*- »

PokeMaster wrote:Before we vote, howabout we give each player a chance to explain themselves? I'm going to wait at least a few days to vote so that I can hear each individual's side of the story. (Although to be fair, they have had plenty of time to clear their name in the ladle topic if they cared to do so.)
If you want to ask me anything in specific, you know where to find me, I'll answer anything. I don't feel like I have anything left to say on these boards however.

(This applies to everyone else as well)
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

A voter has raised a valid point
Unnamed Voter wrote: What penatly gets decided if
7 voters
3 for 1 warning
2 for 2 warnings
2 for 3 warnings

How many warnings should that player recieve?
In this case I would believe that the correct winning vote would be 2 warnings. Here is my reasoning.
By voting for 3 votes, you would rather have the person receive more warnings than fewer so you would rather the person receive 2 warnings than just 1. Am I wrong to assume this?
Flex
Round Winner

Post by Flex »

First off, if you followed the rules on the wiki, why is insa, fofo and eckz involved in this vote?
Team Leaders must list their Global ID on the Challenge board. Players can not be signed up under multiple teams. You may only play for one team each Ladle.
They did not violate rule #2... Can you be clear on what rule they broke or how you're reading it?

Also just to be clear.. who's vote are you going to favour if only "one vote per team" if you PM'ed both team leaders?

These kind of sloppy polls should not be done. If you can't be proper about it, just don't do it.
Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Concord »

we still don't know exactly what happened. And even if we do, it hasn't been stated clearly and confirmed by multiple sources. Before people vote on what to do, it's critical we collect all the details.