Ladle 57

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

freako
Core Dumper

Re: Ladle 57

Post by freako »

ppotter wrote:GGs, for those interested that hadn't worked it out:

We = insa
Are = wap
Going = vov
To = x
Win = FoFo
Ladle = slash
Real = moi
Well played, deserved win.

Also.

http://wiki.armagetronad.org/index.php? ... ldid=38828

1. People that are signed up twice, are to be found on this page.
- Potter, Slash and VoV

2. Editing other teams...
Crazy Tron Addict since : October 2002 <--- Beat that :)
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

The current duplicate names are there to reflect actual events. Team Baylife successfully followed the rules as close as possible to make their appearance. However, it should be clear that this kind of behavior is really in poor taste. Trying to be deceptive in such a small community (any community) is really a bad idea and causes resentment -- whether you win or lose. I'm sure everyone here would be more excited about the outcome of this Ladle had the participants simply been honest. People love to see a good all-star team play. People don't like shifty behavior. Aliases don't create any advantage or "mystery" since you are usually uncovered by the time Lade starts anyway (the community is very small and secrets travel at lightcycle speed). It's really quite stupid, like wearing a funny hat and telling people it makes you invisible.

After 50+ Ladles, no one really cares who wins. They care about having fun. There is definitely some small drama around this situation, drama that is completely and utterly unnecessary. I hope lessons have been learned by this bitter victory.
-*inS*-
Round Winner

Post by -*inS*- »

freako wrote:
ppotter wrote:GGs, for those interested that hadn't worked it out:

We = insa
Are = wap
Going = vov
To = x
Win = FoFo
Ladle = slash
Real = moi
Well played, deserved win.

Also.

http://wiki.armagetronad.org/index.php? ... ldid=38828

1. People that are signed up twice, are to be found on this page.
- Potter, Slash and VoV

2. Editing other teams...
@freako
LETS BAN THEM ALL 20 LADELS

lul

1. Revolver (Dreadlord, Olive). Wait didn't olive play for tx? WAT IS GOING ON HERE ?!?!

2. Latest revision as of 03:48, 7 May 2012 (view source) aka after the ladle, nice try tho :lol: .

@the intelligent

ggs wp, was fun
dreadlord
Match Winner

Post by dreadlord »

-*inS*- wrote:1. Revolver (Dreadlord, Olive). Wait didn't olive play for tx? WAT IS GOING ON HERE ?!?!
Yes he did, but freako did not know so don't blame that on him.

-*inS*- wrote:@the intelligent

ggs wp, was fun
Kind of arrogant, isn't it?
-*inS*-
Round Winner

Post by -*inS*- »

dreadlord wrote:
-*inS*- wrote:1. Revolver (Dreadlord, Olive). Wait didn't olive play for tx? WAT IS GOING ON HERE ?!?!
Yes he did, but freako did not know so don't blame that on him.

-*inS*- wrote:@the intelligent

ggs wp, was fun
Kind of arrogant, isn't it?
So you plead ignorance for him, then try to tell me he's intelligent?
dreadlord
Match Winner

Post by dreadlord »

Where did I try to tell you that he's intelligent? I told you that he did not know Olive was playing yesterday, that's it. Calling somebody stupid only because he did not know one thing in a video game is arrogant in my opinion. Okay, freako could have been less aggressive in his post. Therefore, I apologize for his behaviour in the name of Revolver.
-*inS*-
Round Winner

Post by -*inS*- »

dreadlord wrote:Where did I try to tell you that he's intelligent? I told you that he did not know Olive was playing yesterday, that's it. Calling somebody stupid only because he did not know one thing in a video game is arrogant in my opinion. Okay, freako could have been less aggressive in his post. Therefore, I apologize for his behaviour in the name of Revolver.
Thanks, I don't want to start any feud - but really I'm sick of his attitude in game and on these boards. My opinion of him isn't based off of one post dread. But yeah I wasn't implying anything about revolver, as I actually do get along well with most of you.
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

dreadlord wrote:Therefore, I apologize for his behaviour in the name of Revolver.
Not in the name of Revolver, but I would also like to apologize on behalf of myself and R as a whole. I was really upset and vented off my anger pretty heavily towards insa and FoFo especially. I know I annoyed plenty of people, including wap (who was on that team as well). It wasn't my intentions to make it as bad and drawn out as it was. I just believed in honesty and wanted everyone who played to be known of how much it effected not only people within their respective clans but also outside of it. I overreacted (pun!) because I felt offended from my moral standpoint. So from that standpoint, I am sorry. I wouldn't change, and I'm not going to say I would change what I did, I just want it to be known I know that what I did was wrong and that I'm sorry.

<3,
ovaries
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
freako
Core Dumper

Post by freako »

-*inS*- wrote:
dreadlord wrote:Where did I try to tell you that he's intelligent? I told you that he did not know Olive was playing yesterday, that's it. Calling somebody stupid only because he did not know one thing in a video game is arrogant in my opinion. Okay, freako could have been less aggressive in his post. Therefore, I apologize for his behaviour in the name of Revolver.
Thanks, I don't want to start any feud - but really I'm sick of his attitude in game and on these boards. My opinion of him isn't based off of one post dread. But yeah I wasn't implying anything about revolver, as I actually do get along well with most of you.

I don't consider my post agressive in any way.

I also may not know all facts, but I do know you changed other teams players and also swapped team members after the ladle.
Crazy Tron Addict since : October 2002 <--- Beat that :)
Olive
Match Winner

Post by Olive »

I played with tx because my team had lost by the time I got here, which is totally legal and different from playing on a team while youre signed up originally for a team which is still around. But I guess thats an unintelligent statement.

Congratulations, although being fair about your intentions prior to the ladle wouldve made it a much more charming win imo.
Olive a.k.a ZeMu, MoonFlower & chicken.
Kijutsu
Match Winner

Post by Kijutsu »

lol

ggs
vov
Match Winner

Post by vov »

gg everyone, was fun to play with someone else than usually :)
fu wap for ruining the smurf right away (jk ^^)

Servers:
uNk: 0, it went turtle mode once and some people disconnected but was ok overall
CT USA: 0, some slides there but not too bad
CT LIV: +1, stable server
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

Reading these ladle topics is painful, so many people bitching at one another.

Congratulations to Baylife :)
Boxed
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

Clutch wrote:Reading these forums is painful, so many people bitching at one another.
fixed ;)

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

I think the rule exists to prevent people from playing on 2 teams. I don't think vov/slash (only further inspection, potter was added to Baylife after ladle had started) had any intention of playing ladle with pL or uNk and just wished for their name to remain anonymous. With the way things are now, saying "I'm playing for another team" and then not seeing your name on the challenge board is like saying "I'm playing for the smurf team". No real harm was done so lets just drop it and move on. It's a game, not some life-altering event.