Ladle 54 Predictions

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

raph
Average Program

Re: Ladle 54 Predictions

Post by raph »

Soul wrote:
dreadlord wrote:
Pr3 wrote:Keep going Deso 8)
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

You may embed only 3 quotes within each other.
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

Soul wrote:
dreadlord wrote:
Pr3 wrote:Keep going Deso 8)
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

Sweet Sixteen:

Crazy Tronners A(2) vs. Twi¦×¦ted ¦×¦ats(0) - Tx always seems to have a problem having a full team, but this ladle they have added Amy, appleseed, and SageLord. Even with a full team, Tx is still going to have their hands full with CTa. CTa has had trouble in American servers before (see ladle 52) but they should be able to beat Tx. Wouldn't be surprised to see Tx get a match however.

Crazy Tronners B(2) vs. Patrick Star & The Bikini Bottomers (0) - not sure who Cody could get to play with this team since an R team is already signed up and most of the Speedhax he seems to be asking for in the other thread seem to be on the Speeders team. If Cody can get a full team, he has a chance, but most likely CTb will win this.

LegendaryShadow(0) vs. Open-Team(2) - never even seen the Legendary Shadow team and their site is in German so I can't find out about them. Even with 5 open team can win this.

Swift >(0) vs. Team.uNk(2) - uNk won this matchup 2-1 in ladle 52 when Swift was new. Swift has replaced Concord with rogerthat, and should make for an interesting match, but uNk will still be able to win.

Pure Luck(2) vs. United Noobs of Armagetron(0) - uNa is getting better with the addition of Thump and the return of breathe, but pL will have no trouble beating uNa.

TeamElite(2) vs. RoadRunnerZ(0) - TeamElite has a nice group of young players and RoadRunnerZ is still relatively unknown, so the advantage goes to Team Elite.

Speeders(1) vs. Rogue Tronners(2) - I predict this will be the longest and closest first round match. R has the patience to win, but the matchup also depends on who shows up and plays for Speeders.

Velocity(0) vs. \\MeetYourMaker(2) - I've only seen like 4 of the VcL members, so I'm going to go with mYm.

Elite Eight:

Crazy Tronners A(2) vs. Crazy Tronners B(0) - There's a reason they're called A and B teams and it will show in this matchup.

Open-Team(0) vs. Team.uNk(2) - I wonder if uNk will do the no point torp like they did against pRu in ladle 52?

Pure Luck(2) vs. TeamElite(0) - a little more challenge for pL but still not a good matchup

Rogue Tronners(1) vs. \\MeetYourMaker(2) - Not sure what the combined mYm teams actually means. I'll assume it means a bunch of players can't make it, but there's no way to tell exactly who can't make it. R definitely has the ability to win the matchup if they don't make any mistakes, but I think mYm will win as R is unable to minimize the mistakes. The winner of this matchup will lose in the finals.

Final Four:

Crazy Tronners A(2) vs. Team.uNk(1) - I could see uNk winning this if they can be patient and stop dying in the zone while ganking, but CT has the sumo ability too to beat uNk in that portion of the game too, so the advantage goes to CT here. The winner of this will win the ladle.

Pure Luck(0) vs. \\MeetYourMaker(2) - pL has been playing well, but I just don't think they can beat mYm. They got a match against CT last ladle and beat Tx but playing mYm is different.

Championship

Crazy Tronners A(2) vs. \\MeetYourMaker(1) - A rematch of last ladle but in a European server this time, which I believe gives CT an even bigger advantage plus they have already shown they can beat mYm
Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Desolate »

dum dum dum, this took a bit, if I didn't mention you and you want to be added, you want a longer review, or you think something I said about your team is incorrect, I'd be happy to change and edit it around.

1) Crazy Tronners Alpha - CT have rebounded from their dissapointing 2011 ladle performance to taking the first ladle of the new year with a more aggressive style of play. The team includes a large amount of most improved contestants from 2011 including Cronix, Gazelle, and MB53, who have clearly shown in recent months that they deserve to play and perform with the best players in fortress. Backing this onslaught of new talent is the core crew of Woned, Gonzap, and Wap who will surely perform their duties throughout the match. Although CT has definitely fielded a well-rounded team, expect Woned, Gonzap, and MB on the aggressive attack where they will attempt to get rid of the center and sweepers early and going for the crazy cuts. Cronix and Gazelle will make sure that attackers have a very difficult time having any success at all against the already solid Wap playing the defensive position. The more traditional style of play without sweepboxes or tactical early holes seems reminiscent of the way TX took out Ladles 44 and 45, and it has definitely put CT back into the top tier of teams.

2) Speeders - The MYM and SP matchup is really close to call, especially in this set of rankings, and I ended up putting SP slightly higher because if I had to choose between facing MYM and SP, I would have chosen to face MYM (If I wanted to win). The major difference between the two teams is the lack of a consistent defense in the case of MYM. Dreadlord is a decent defender, but he also serves the role of attacker very well, and I assume it is difficult to find a set lineup for the ladle games. In the case of Speeders, they have shown a very consistent performance throughout 2011, easily looking like the dominant team when taking Ladle wins and Ladle final visits into account. SP's lineup throughout the year has varied somewhat the absence of viper, flex, and psyko, but some of the core members are still there such as Insa, the current leader, as well as psy and FoFo. Insa will always remain a near impenetrable defense for the team, but with the leave of Nubi for this ladle, the sweeping team will be slightly weaker compared to the last few months. AI and Kult are more than capable of stepping up to the sweeping job, however, and FoFo can always fall back to his (less preferred) sweeping position. The key for the SP team will be this set of sweepers surviving long enough against aggressive attacking and holing to allow the attackers to get in. Psy and Mkay can both capably manage the center position, with the other joining FoFo in the wing positions. The SP team is much more individual skill reliant than some of the other ladle teams, so the personal performances of some of their members will definitely decide the outcome of the ladle for them.

3) MYM - As I mentioned above, the positions between SP and MYM is really a toss up in some cases, but I moved MYM slightly lower because of the lack of a consistent defense in the past few ladles. They have mainly used the sweepbox to prevent their defense from being attacked at all, and have won their matches through killing the opposing sweep and holing. It is a difficult decision whether to leave dreadlord back on defense to keep it up, or put him on attack since he can play either position with ease. Eckz and Envy, as always, have locked down the sweep/sweepboxing role on the team, often being nearly unkillable, winding down their opponents instead of outright killing them. Liz's skill is unignorable in center, with one of their primary tactics being to utilize a dual attack against the opposing center to try and gain an early player advantage. The main issue this month for the MYM squad seems to be the slight disorganization and morale drop from last month, which Eckz has attested he is concerned about. While they are definitely still in a winning position, it will be hard to overcome some of their difficulties from the last ladle, including the failure to get the sweepbox set up efficiently against CT. Akira and Spin/Hi will most likely be reliable as the other attackers in the match, but MYM seems much more reliant on the startup of each round and the actual tactics employed by/against them.

4) Team.uNk - The members of uNk have definitely been among the most active recently in pickup matches from what I have seen, and this will most likely give them the edge over some of their less active opponents. They may have fallen off a little since their ladle wins last year, but the team has definitely proved they are still capable of winning with their semi-final appearance last ladle. The core team has basically remained the same for a long time now, with Potter, the defending Fort MVP remaining the team's key element back at sweep. Joining him will most likely be slash, who was once again named the top sweeper of 2011, joining Potter to make sure attackers are wanting to hit their screen after facing uNk. DrHouse, pr3, and Jip/tls are all able attackers, although the key to this team in the past has been the holing that their attacking can setup and provide after the amazing sweeper combo gains an advantage. Fingerbib will man the defensive role, probably maintaining a more conservative defense while potter and slash do the heavy lifting when it comes to the opposing attackers. If uNk keeps to their regular approach to the ladle matches, they will definitely be able to pull out some wins against their opposition.

5) Tx - I'm not trying to be biased here, but I would honestly pick Tx over Pure Luck, due to the recent wins against some good teams in the past few ladles. They were also able to gain a 40-60 point advantage over PL in the last ladle, only to lose it because of my disconnection among other problems. If all goes according to plan here, including the roster showing up, Tx will be able to pull out a good performance in the ladle. The roster has expanded quite a bit this month with the addition of appleseed, vein, and SageLord returning, but the key is the actual good players showing up, including consistent sub Xyron. Olive and Xyron together are really an amazing pair, in tsts, and especially in the sweeping position, where they both refuse to die and harass attackers to death quite easily. Raph has had some trouble in the past few ladles with the splits and opposing team's dual attacks, but he remains a solid center and can definitely hold his own against some of the other top contenders. Durka and Roter will most likely man the wing positions, providing a safe and steady attack in the first case, and a more aggressive, risky, but sometimes well rewarded attack in the second case. I will be defending and you can have your own judgements on that. 75 has also become an awesome player recently, and can hold his own against some top forters, and he will be able to jump in at any time at almost any position. Everything I said about the skill reliance of SP applies even more so to Tx, since individual performances are completely what decides the matches, since the example of me disconnecting screwed up the team so hard.

6) Pure Luck - The more recently created Pure Luck has been pretty impressive in its first few appearances, taking matches against some top teams such as MYM and SP, and also displaying their semi-final finish in the last ladle (although I already said my take on that). The team seems less experienced, but their players definitely hold their own against the top forters during matches in the past few months. Vov especially has become a deadly center recently, who can definitely destroy defenses and centers on his own. Syllabear always provides a great defense, although his temper/attitude sometimes gets the better of him in some cases. Dariv has been considered a great player for quite some time now, and can stay alive quite easily on the attacking side, while other players such as zat, koala, fini, kriki, algid, and eber can all fill up the other roles decently well, most likely with zat/kriki/algid on the attacking side, and fini/koala/eber on the defending side. Avoiding dumb mistakes and suicides is key for this team, as that seemed to be the major problem faced by them in the matches last ladle.

7) Rogue Tronners - Rogue Tronners have suffered a decline since the leave of Titanoboa, but they are still a great squad with amazing players such as Poke, who now heads the team. Despite the leave of Slick, they still maintain a decent squad that can pull out some matches easily if they show up and play well enough. The aforementioned team leader, Poke, will remain at sweep, often using some more risky moves to get rid of attackers quickly, but especially refusing to die easily. Luffy, if he ends up playing, which it seems like he will, will definitely maintain an amazing defense, although it is somewhat prone to shrinking. Elmo will probably take up the other sweeping role, and she has definitely improved a lot recently, becoming a great player who refuses to die in a lot of cases. Lacka has always been one of the best forters, who will most likely try to get rid of the defenses on the attacking side, while over mans the center position, in which he has become one of the best in present time. Concord will probably take the other wing position and offer a conservative but consistent attacking performance for the team. This R team definitely seems to be in a position to win some matches as opposed to the ones from the end of 2011.

8 ) Swift - I've never played this team, but all I've heard is of their extremely conservative style. Titan seems to like jumping from clan to clan at some points, and in this case he is fielding a team of somewhat lesser experienced players. In addition to the normal set of players they have had in the past few ladles, they've also added in roger that as a sub from SP, who could potentially offer a little more depth in the attacking position. Titan at center will probably be the key player on the squad. Syre has improved a lot recently because of his high activity in pickups and normal fort, and I see him becoming a key element of the team back at the sweeping position, while Fate, Venom, and bilbo are definitely decent forters who can hold their own in a match. Hopefully Swift will be able to pull out some matches in the ladle, although I do not expect them to end up winning.

The Rest (not in order):

CT B - some of the less active or newer ct members have been placed here, don't expect them to prevail over their superior team in the second round if they make it.

uNa - It's great to see these guys sticking around for so long and being consistent in their appearances even though they do not have a winning record, keep at it since we all want to see you improve.

Team Elite - The relatively new team has definitely improved individually in the past month, and I hope to see them keep at it and keep playing ladles.

Open Team - Yay

Rz - It's great to have a relatively new team of forters that keep entering the ladle consistently, and I hope these guys don't get discouraged at all if they lose a bit at first. They should keep at it as well.

Velocity - Basically the same as uNa, they have some good individual skill, but some of the inactivity and the lack of teamwork will hurt them.

Patrick Star & Bikini Bottom - lol cody

LegendaryShadow - yeah aliases!
.Wit
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by .Wit »

Very Nice Overview Deso was enjoyable to read. :)

I predict R to win this Ladle.
Slickster
Round Winner

Post by Slickster »

Very well done Deso.

I think it was for sure worth it ha; good to see some intellectual predictions.
Pr3
Round Winner

Post by Pr3 »

Has to be one of the best predictions I've ever read, Wd Deso.
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

I had a dream TX won the ladle... Now I have to predict around that...
Sweet Sixteen:

Crazy Tronners A(1) vs. Twi¦×¦ted ¦×¦ats(2) - Well then, this is a pretty interesting predicament I have myself in. I in no way think tx will actually win, but I'm going to try and make this as legitimate as possible. CTA has proven to have slow starts (see pLx last ladle). And I'm wondering if that's going to continue to play in effect. I'm thinking TX has to come through here.

Crazy Tronners B(2) vs. Patrick Star & The Bikini Bottomers (0) - Nothing to see here folks. Apparently Cody made a team with a bunch of his irl friends, but they can't show up. Sounds legit.

LegendaryShadow(0) vs. Open-Team(2) - I don't know who LegendaryShadow is. I respect OT players enough to have them winning.

Swift >(0) vs. Team.uNk(2) - Swift caught other teams off guard in their first ladle because of their super conservative style... Since then, they've only been getting worse.

Pure Luck(2) vs. United Noobs of Armagetron(0) - Nothing much to see here folks... Sorry to say...

TeamElite(2) vs. RoadRunnerZ(0) - Still don't know RoadRunnerZ players...

Speeders(1) vs. Rogue Tronners(2) - Will end up being a really long match for sure. R will definitely have the patience, but we don't know who is on this SP team and who will be playing for them considering there is no second team. Insa is best def of 2011, yet he hides behind a sweepbox most of the time? Random thoughts, continue.

Velocity(0) vs. \\MeetYourMaker(2) - Not much to see here...

Elite Eight:

Twi¦×¦ted ¦×¦ats(2) vs. Crazy Tronners B(0) - An A team (tx) vs a B team (CTB). I think that if tx can get by CTA they can get by CTB... Right?

Open-Team(0) vs. Team.uNk(2) - Easy stretch for uNk overall. Don't expect them to slow down against OT.

Pure Luck(2) vs. TeamElite(0) - pLx gets another easy matchup... Another seed for these guys.

Rogue Tronners(1) vs. \\MeetYourMaker(2) - I'm guessing Superbowl takes part for some people not being able to make it for mym. Whether it be the second team doesn't have enough or the first team, I'm not sure, so this is a hard one to judge on. I'll say this depends on how long the matches are and who R has. This is by no means an easy start, but they've proven they can win. I just don't think they'll be able to.

Final Four:

Twi¦×¦ted ¦×¦ats(2) vs. Team.uNk(1) - Following my forsaken dream. I think uNk will lose the first match, since easier competition can slow you down when everything is easier than the norm. And honestly... I'm only choosing tx because of my dream... LOL!

Pure Luck(0) vs. \\MeetYourMaker(2) - pLx has faced easy competition. Mym just got out of a long match with R, and I find it hard to believe that pLx can beat mym after having been playing against such inferior competition. Mym will start a few rounds slow, but I don't see them losing.

Championship

Twi¦×¦ted ¦×¦ats(2) vs. \\MeetYourMaker(1) - No other reasons than "dream."

Really, most of this was bs'd because of my dream. Might as well have not added comments (didn't bother for finals).

Also, nice work Deso. I agree with power rankings more than predictions.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
Cronix
Match Winner

Post by Cronix »

alright... biased predictions are biased.

Sweet Sixteen:

CTa (2) vs. TX (1) - GOD DAMMIT? Who creates those brackets? Seriously .. :D CT seems to play against TX only on US servers. In Ladles... In WSTs ... just everywhere. But nvm. I guess this will be closer than some would expect. As some stated already CT has difficulties in starting with their skill fully activated. They always need a warmup round... or 2 ... or warmup match. TX has some annoying sweepers such as Xyron and Olive who will make it very difficult for CT's attackers to even get near to their defense, but CT has some good sweepers too. I guess in the end (after a 120 minutes long first round) CT will stay on top of TX.

CTb (2) vs. Cody Allstars (0) - CTb pulled out a miracle last ladle when they won a match against Team.uNk with one man down. I think they will able to take down Cody's team.

LegendaryShadow (0) vs. OT (2) - I really like that LS is putting up a team for this Ladle. New teams are always welcomed. But the mighty swiss will kill them all :(

Swift > (0) vs. Team.uNk (2) - Even though Elmo is not playing for uNk this time, uNk will advance against Swift >.

PL (2) vs. UNA (0) - Your name always reminds me of Tuna ^_^ But that does not help you in winning against the totally lucky team :) <- referring to the team name obv. o.o

TeamElite (2) vs. RoadRunnerZ (0) - 2 newer teams battleing it out in this epic match, but TeamElite has some more experienced fort players. That will give them the edge in this match.

Speeders (2) vs. RogueTronners (1) - It really depends on who shows up for both teams. This is like the most difficult call. On one hand SP has a very good defense and some good sweepers, but losing Nubi hurts much on that part. On the other hand R has a solid line-up, but they might be hungover from Superbowl? and some might not show in time. But I do not wanna copy Elmo in every part, thats why SP wins this.

Velocity (0) vs. \\mYm (2) - Even though Liz already said that \\mYm is going to lose this match and \\mYm is going to disband after that I simply do not think that they will lose this match.

Elite Eight:

CTa (2) vs. CTb (0) - Obviously the clash of titans. ^^ But like Elmo said...there is a reason for CTa and CTb.

OT (0) vs. Team.uNk (2) - Fastest match in Quarterfinal ladle history ever. Open team being 2 man down from the start makes Team.uNk hole more than they ever did before :P

PL (2) vs. TeamElite (0) - There are like 2 Euros on TeamElites roster and like way more on PL's side. I do not say that server "advantage" makes PL win that match. I just need some words to fill it up :D And of course vov is going to destroy some defenses with his outside corner grinds.

SP (1) vs. \\mYm (2) - mYm always won against SP on US servers, right? I think it will not change this time.

Final Four:

CTa (2) vs. Team.uNk (1) - They could switch servers to the backup server. However I think this matchup is a WTFIDONOTWANTTOPREDICTTHEOUTCOMEOFTHISMATCHBUTIHAVETODOITANYWAY-match. No matter on which server they will play. Beer showed he likes to kill uNk. Gaz is just Gazlike. Try to stop those, uNk :P

PL (1) vs. \\mYm (2) - I really want to give this match to PL. I think they are good enough to take down \\mYm, but however I do not know what players will be left for them in the semi-finals.

Championship

CTa (2) vs. \\mYm (1) - I really doubt that \\mYm is going to win one match, but I will predict it anyways. There will be no revenge for last ladle. Not this ladle.

Anyways....

GL HF to all ^_^

And do not forget...this is only one ladle out of 12 a year :P
Signature? wtf...
Kijutsu
Match Winner

Post by Kijutsu »

Wow, everyone thinks we're gonna get to finals? That's more confidence than I have in mYm, we suck.
dreadlord
Match Winner

Post by dreadlord »

vogue wrote:Wow, everyone thinks we're gonna get to finals? That's more confidence than I have in mYm, we suck.
Yeah.

Nice predictions Deso.
sufy
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by sufy »

Well done deso
Cronix wrote:the totally lucky team :) <- referring to the team name obv. o.o
But of course, Cronix :)
Desolate wrote:Open Team - Yay
Desolate wrote:Patrick Star & Bikini Bottom - lol cody
Heh, 'nuff said
Slickster
Round Winner

Post by Slickster »

Cronix wrote: Speeders (2) vs. RogueTronners (1) - It really depends on who shows up for both teams. This is like the most difficult call. On one hand SP has a very good defense and some good sweepers, but losing Nubi hurts much on that part. On the other hand R has a solid line-up, but they might be hungover from Superbowl? and some might not show in time. But I do not wanna copy Elmo in every part, thats why SP wins this.
Ladle will be over before the Superbowl Cronx! Otherwise there'd probly be like 4 teams this ladle :o
Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Desolate »

Not at the rate of last ladle.

Thanks guys!