Ladle 54

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: Ladle 54

Post by sinewav »

:!: SP1 has been replaced with CT LIV.

Jip wrote:For server rating: extend the player rater on playfortress for server rating.
Let's try our best to keep everything on this domain. The rating system outlined above makes vote fraud hard since you have to login here to comment and it's easy enough to check if posters actually played in the server. If this forum/wiki system fails, then we will definitely try a different one. Also, I don't think we need everyone to vote on every server. I see this more as collecting and recording post-Ladle feedback. Server selection still requires some judgment, and that judgment might occasionally override data collected on a server.

But if someone wants to have a concurrent system for data collection, that's fine. We can use all the data in aggregate.
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

If it means anything, SP2 was the terrible server we played in last ladle, not SP1.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
Core Dumper

Post by 0000 »

Can someone do auths please?
PokeMaster
Match Winner

Post by PokeMaster »

Done. Thanks for your authorities generator sine!

http://adventuresoftron.com/aa/resource ... rities.cfg
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Let's hope everyone spelled their name right and didn't make simple mistakes like getting the date wrong. :P
PokeMaster
Match Winner

Post by PokeMaster »

Just counted the number of players and if I didn't make any mistakes it's 157. Then discount the players that don't exist on Cody's team and it's 150! Pretty cool! I know we've likely already passed this milestone but hell, I'd say that it's pretty damn cool that you can gather over 100 people on one day to play in a friggin tron tournament. Just a big wd and thank you to all the organizers, past, present, and future. You know who you are ;)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Core Dumper

Post by 0000 »

PokeMaster wrote:Just counted the number of players and if I didn't make any mistakes it's 157. Then discount the players that don't exist on Cody's team and it's 150! Pretty cool! I know we've likely already passed this milestone but hell, I'd say that it's pretty damn cool that you can gather over 100 people on one day to play in a friggin tron tournament. Just a big wd and thank you to all the organizers, past, present, and future. You know who you are ;)
I want to add to this by saying that several of us newer players has noticed a big shift in the past month or two from being mostly rejected in low rubber servers to being regularly encouraged and helped. And for our particular clan, some of you have even led practices for us. For those of you that have been kind to us, we can't thank you enough! From what I've read about the history of this competition, continually growing the size of the tournament was a big part of the vision.
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

so we're rankig servers? everyone in tx vs cta will agree that Id VA1 deserves a -100000

Gz tx, you played very well! Win it all!
Core Dumper

Post by 0000 »

A +1 for CT LIV for me. Only one real slide the whole match, and I'm in southern US. A much much better experience than last month's SP server. We could actually play tron. :mrgreen:

I'd appreciate feedback for TronZero DAL, good or bad.

And gz 3t, really enjoyed the match. Was very competitive once we got into our groove. I think the last match went 100-98? Hope to see you again soon.

Also, big thanks to cap for helping us out as a couple of our guys couldn't make it.
Last edited by 0000 on Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-az95-
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by -az95- »

Good job pL, i thought we might be able to pull a match off there. Had fun gl
Cronix
Match Winner

Post by Cronix »

yes gz tx.

@comp:

I really appreciate that you offer servers for us to play on, but somehow ID VA 1 was not stable once again.
Maybe you have a solution for that :)
Signature? wtf...
sunny
Core Dumper

Post by sunny »

sry, but i just like to say: Cody sucks.
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

Z-man's server -1

It's great to have a server like Z-man's available, which always seems to work and has a devoted administrator present. However in its current condition (hosting the wiki on the side if I'm correctly informed) it can't really be used for semis and beyond imo, hence the -1 vote.

gm's uNk, I had a blast
-*inS*-
Round Winner

Post by -*inS*- »

+ 1 to CT USA and +1 to Unk's server, didn't die unintentionally at all in either.
Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Desolate »

+1 to CT Mbx only occasional normal slides