Tronpions League back online, with Dec fixtures released!

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Kijutsu
Match Winner

Re: Tronpions League back online, with Dec fixtures released

Post by Kijutsu »

The times are a bit vague.
.pRu|Nani
Average Program

Post by .pRu|Nani »

All Ladle time, always have been.
Slickster
Round Winner

Post by Slickster »

Aw "RTC" has bye.
.pRu|Nani
Average Program

Post by .pRu|Nani »

Not quite.
Tronpions League Site wrote:Due to Team numbers, not every team will play in every group stage fixture. Fixtures will be staggered to ensure that all teams play their opponents on the 6 Servers we have within existing fixture boundaries.
.pRu|Nani
Average Program

Post by .pRu|Nani »

Don't forget this is tomorrow!
~Loki
Average Program

Post by ~Loki »

IDs DE server isn't up and it's Getting close
.pRu|Nani
Average Program

Post by .pRu|Nani »

Awesome. At the moment, matches can't be filled, as teams are not taking part. There'll be spares. Region to Region server swap if needed.
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Cody »

I didnt see any teams :S
þsy
Match Winner

Post by þsy »

I couldn't see what time it was on when I looked at the website.. And when you said ladle time, I assumed 18:45 (not 18:00)

It seems that all of SP forgot, only kult was there apparently (and I turned up at 18:30). Sorry to CT who managed to turn up on time!

I don't think we'd be able to organise a rematch, so maybe we'll sit out of this league
.pRu|Nani
Average Program

Post by .pRu|Nani »

Yeah, it's always the same time as ladle. Seems that 2 clans who were taking part have died, so I'll need to re-shuffle the pack, so to speak.

We all need to remember that this is a beta competition, it's not finished yet. What I'll likely do is make 2 or 3 leagues from the teams, with the top two teams from each and the 2 best scoring teams going through to the knockout stages. I'm also considering shortening the competition.

Thoughts?
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by INW »

What you need to do is schedule matches more than once every year.*

* Exaggeration I know but still, put the matches closer together.
.pRu|Nani
Average Program

Post by .pRu|Nani »

Yeah, I'd thought of that, but isn't it unreasonable to expect people to play three Sundays of every four?
PokeMaster
Match Winner

Post by PokeMaster »

Note: I don't mean this post in anyway to reflect on the Trompions League itself. I just write this here because it seems to have affected the Trompions League in a major way before any other competition.

It seems that the community may have finally reached the point where there are too many tournaments? It could just be the timing of the year and that it feels like there's a lull in overall activity on tron, but it feels sometimes like there's just something going on every single Sunday, and sometimes back to back Saturdays and Sundays if there's a CTF Brawl. Obviously all participation is completely voluntary, but do we not feel compelled to join in on as many as possible by the fear of missing something important? It just feels as though we may have reached some sort of limit of just how much competing we all can be doing.

I don't really mean this as a persuasive post to urge the community to slow down with competitions (although, admittedly, it was written like one), but just to take a step back and look at the community and competitions as a whole.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

PokeMaster wrote:...but do we not feel compelled to join in on as many as possible by the fear of missing something important?
No. This is not a reflection of some sort of "tournament overload." Take a look back and you'll see it's always been difficult to have a Fortress event other than Ladle. This one in particular has had very low interest from the start, and there still seems to be a lot of confusion of when (or if) it's still going on.

Arma is not over-saturated with tournaments. That's just crazy-talk. If anything, there is a lack of "interesting" tournaments; meaning, something other than Fortress and Sumo. But then again, most people don't want to leave their comfort zone and risk being exposed as a weak player, so whatever.