Ladle 51

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

þsy
Match Winner

Re: Ladle 51

Post by þsy »

Yeah it's great that there are new teams coming, I can see 3 that are relatively new to ladles, so welcome!
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Cody »

hf this Sunday. I work both Saturday and Sunday(over time & double time yay)
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

The authorities config file is up (thanks to kyle)

There was some downtime yesterday on the forums(+authentication)/wiki, and considering Z-man will be absent this Sunday, sinewav and myself were added as admins to the authorities config file (using non-@forums GIDs).

I also have a copy of the Ladle Challenge Board hosted on my website, in case there is more downtime.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Good thinking dlh.

I also swapped out the Temp Server with the TronZero one (Chicago > Vegas). Server admins please update your servers and good luck to everyone. :D
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

I won't play tomorrow. I don't decide this but perhaps it's the best if the players of our team will play together with the remaining DS players - and have pru's slot if nobody minds.
zion
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by zion »

Actually it looks like we have our team together, but it's never bad to have subs in the back. sine, dlh what do you suggest in this case? DS OpenTeam may take PRU's spot if PRU|Ai agrees?

zion...

...needs coffee now!
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

zion wrote:sine, dlh what do you suggest in this case? DS OpenTeam may take PRU's spot if PRU|Ai agrees?
Usually, late teams ask for permission to play starting with the team with the 1st bye. "Alternatively, a team can make a public appeal, but must take the lowest bye offered up."

I think there is some conflict in PRU about their spot. I believe some of them will still play. Because it's so late and so many teams have open slots, I would just take the first one offered to you. Keep watching this thread and ask around during the day to see if a team wants to open Ladle with you. I'm sure your team will play, don't worry. :wink:
zion
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by zion »

K, thx, sine. I already talked to dlh about it yesterday, and also asked Rogue Tronners, if they would accept us as first opponent.
In the lineup ~R~ has CT A in sweet sixteen, only Speeders have noone to that time- is that correct or should I go ask bye~3 (Team Elite) next?
Damn this will be a lesson to me, next time, I'll take my time for correct signup! :P

zion...

...dumdidum.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

MeetYourMaker will play you. We have bye-14. If a team with a lower bye offers before Ladle you need to take their offer. Otherwise we'll see your team at 18:00 GMT in AoT server.

:star: Good Luck.
zion
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by zion »

Allright, we're up for it. :)
I'll wait for any other offers, but have my team ready for 18gmt.

Good luck to you and your team, too!

-zion
Nightmare
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Nightmare »

So i am a teamleader and i cannot connect to z-man server it says i am banned for 999999 this is ****** ridiculous
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

Nightmare wrote:So i am a teamleader and i cannot connect to z-man server it says i am banned for 999999 this is ****** ridiculous
Send me your IP address. There are several banned on Z-man's server and I'm not going to unban them all. However, I'm only going to unban you for the duration of the Ladle—the ban will be reinstated. I assume it's reason is serious.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Note to all players: The above is a one time only ban-lift. It should be obvious to everyone, if you are banned from a tournament server it's probably for a good reason and Ladle is no excuse to extend the privilege of playing there -- especially in cases where the player has a perm-a-ban.

Ladle operations edited to reflect common sense.
Rules for Players wrote:11. Finally, it goes without saying that all players should be aware of their own preexisting bans on tournament servers. If you were previously banned from a server at any time for any reason, the ban will not be lifted for the tournament.
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Cody »

Nightmare is Codehunters Brother, so I aspect your IP banned because your brother pulled his "I'm going to take down ladle servers on ladle day" stunt & Z-man went ahead and banned his IP.

Just me guessing but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with your brother.
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by INW »

Actually you are 100% correct Cody!

I was going to post that but you beat me :P