Sumo Bar Feedback & Suggestions

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Post Reply
Cody
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 959
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:43 am

Re: Sumo Bar Tournament 2

Post by Cody »

Gonzap wrote:just don't destroy this tourney, kk? yeah? grown up? yeah? ok.
Zomg gonzap im going to destroy this tournament with my evil bracket making ways!!!

Seriously, you're only 17, I actually don't talk with people under the age of 18 in a day to day basis cause I believe they're still stuck in high school drama ways. Hell i don't even talk with some 18 year olds cause they still act like they're in high school. You don't know me so how about you keep your little snot nose teeny boppin opinions to yourself. If you wanted to make sure I didn't "destroy" this tournament and you had opinions that you wanted to be made seen, then you should of worded it a bit nicer. Yeah OKAY? All I'm doing is trying to put on a tournament for the community.

User avatar
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder
Posts: 2333
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:09 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Sumo Bar Tournament 2

Post by compguygene »

Just so you know, Cody. The ID Virginia servers are hosted on 4 different hosting servers in Virginia. So, I can donate 4 US servers, and 1 German Server.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm

Cody
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 959
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:43 am

Re: Sumo Bar Tournament 2

Post by Cody »

compguygene wrote:Just so you know, Cody. The ID Virginia servers are hosted on 4 different hosting servers in Virginia. So, I can donate 4 US servers, and 1 German Server.
thanks compguy! for this tournament i'll need a total of 8 servers. So glad to hear you can donate 5 :)

Hoax
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 892
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:24 pm
Location: UK

Re: Sumo Bar Tournament 2

Post by Hoax »

Cody wrote:2. I'm using Emphas 8 person sumo circle, those are HIS starting positions, I'm just making it clear to everyone because hoax said something about shitty starting positions and Im checking to see if he was talking about THOSES or the ones in current Sumo Bar Servers.
Well those ones then I guess. So how come the current servers use different starting positions to the tourney? emph?

User avatar
Nelhybel
Round Winner
Posts: 231
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:51 pm

Re: Sumo Bar Tournament 2

Post by Nelhybel »

Cody wrote:
Gonzap wrote:just don't destroy this tourney, kk? yeah? grown up? yeah? ok.
Zomg gonzap im going to destroy this tournament with my evil bracket making ways!!!

Seriously, you're only 17, I actually don't talk with people under the age of 18 in a day to day basis cause I believe they're still stuck in high school drama ways. Hell i don't even talk with some 18 year olds cause they still act like they're in high school. You don't know me so how about you keep your little snot nose teeny boppin opinions to yourself. If you wanted to make sure I didn't "destroy" this tournament and you had opinions that you wanted to be made seen, then you should of worded it a bit nicer. Yeah OKAY? All I'm doing is trying to put on a tournament for the community.
Because I, as well as others, have brought this up in the past, and we were responded to with condescending language attempting to change the subject and direct the negative attention towards others.

Thank you for guaranteeing, though, that this tournament will be run in a fair and respectable manner.
Feel free to contact me here or on the grid if you would like assistance or support in beginning a relationship with Jesus Christ.
---
uNa| United Noobs of Armagetron Forums
-=}ID< Immortal Dynasty Forums
_~`Ww_ Wild West Forums

Cody
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 959
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:43 am

Re: Sumo Bar Tournament 2

Post by Cody »

Hoax wrote:
Cody wrote:2. I'm using Emphas 8 person sumo circle, those are HIS starting positions, I'm just making it clear to everyone because hoax said something about shitty starting positions and Im checking to see if he was talking about THOSES or the ones in current Sumo Bar Servers.
Well those ones then I guess. So how come the current servers use different starting positions to the tourney? emph?
they're using his 12 person zone map. Empha has different versions of sumo bar

User avatar
Cronix
Match Winner
Posts: 467
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:25 pm
Location: behind you!

Re: Sumo Bar Tournament 2

Post by Cronix »

His sumobar is limited to 10 players atm o.o
Signature? wtf...

Cody
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 959
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:43 am

Re: Sumo Bar Tournament 2

Post by Cody »

Cronix wrote:His sumobar is limited to 10 players atm o.o
you sure?

4 people start in the middle and 8 people start on the sides? i thought thats how it was o.o

Goodygumdrops
Round Winner
Posts: 243
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:39 am

Re: Sumo Bar Tournament 2

Post by Goodygumdrops »

Cody wrote:
Gonzap wrote:just don't destroy this tourney, kk? yeah? grown up? yeah? ok.
Zomg gonzap im going to destroy this tournament with my evil bracket making ways!!!

Seriously, you're only 17, I actually don't talk with people under the age of 18 in a day to day basis cause I believe they're still stuck in high school drama ways. Hell i don't even talk with some 18 year olds cause they still act like they're in high school. You don't know me so how about you keep your little snot nose teeny boppin opinions to yourself. If you wanted to make sure I didn't "destroy" this tournament and you had opinions that you wanted to be made seen, then you should of worded it a bit nicer. Yeah OKAY? All I'm doing is trying to put on a tournament for the community.
[x] Thread delivers.
[ ] Cody should run more tournies.

Cody
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 959
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:43 am

Re: Sumo Bar Tournament 2

Post by Cody »

Goodygumdrops wrote:
Cody wrote:
Gonzap wrote:just don't destroy this tourney, kk? yeah? grown up? yeah? ok.
Zomg gonzap im going to destroy this tournament with my evil bracket making ways!!!

Seriously, you're only 17, I actually don't talk with people under the age of 18 in a day to day basis cause I believe they're still stuck in high school drama ways. Hell i don't even talk with some 18 year olds cause they still act like they're in high school. You don't know me so how about you keep your little snot nose teeny boppin opinions to yourself. If you wanted to make sure I didn't "destroy" this tournament and you had opinions that you wanted to be made seen, then you should of worded it a bit nicer. Yeah OKAY? All I'm doing is trying to put on a tournament for the community.
[x] Thread delivers.
[ ] Cody should run more tournies.
[x] Goody Is an old man who dwells on drama & loves to start stuff that was finished and solved.
[ ] Goody should run tournaments

User avatar
vov
Match Winner
Posts: 561
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:40 pm

Re: Sumo Bar Tournament 2

Post by vov »

Gonzap wrote:just don't destroy this tourney, kk? yeah? grown up? yeah? ok.
+1
Cody wrote:*several flaming texts above*
Zap, it's a "no".
Cody wrote:If you wanted to make sure I didn't "destroy" this tournament and you had opinions that you wanted to be made seen, then you should have worded it a bit nicer. Yeah OKAY? All I'm doing is trying to put on a tournament for the community.
I'm sure I'll NOT sign up for a tournament that is hosted by a very aggressive guy (you, Cody) who doesn't really care about people's opinions (except the map, WD there). It won't help the community in any way.
I hope I've said that friendly enough...

User avatar
Kijutsu
Match Winner
Posts: 676
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:37 pm

Re: Sumo Bar Tournament 2

Post by Kijutsu »

The map won't be different from Emphas Sumo Bar server and Cody is randomizing the brackets live on IRC. So what exactly is the issue here?

User avatar
dreadlord
Match Winner
Posts: 585
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:26 am
Location: Germany

Re: Sumo Bar Tournament 2

Post by dreadlord »

vogue wrote:The map won't be different from Emphas Sumo Bar server and Cody is randomizing the brackets live on IRC. So what exactly is the issue here?
Wounded pride.

Cody actually supplies all your requirements, so why are you still complaining?

Cody
Shutout Match Winner
Posts: 959
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:43 am

Re: Sumo Bar Tournament 2

Post by Cody »

hey guys guess what vov isn't signing up, guess we should all be devastated.


I'm doing everything right & a few are still moaning and complaining.

vov like i told gonzap, whether or not you sign up, the tournament is still going to go on. Only person you'll be hurting here is yourself.

I'm randomizing the teams via IRC(already had this planned since i wanted to run this tournament like TIT)
I fixed the score bug from the last tournament
I'm using emphas sumo bar map with his starting positions.

What else you guys want? You guys act like I don't care or give two cents what happens to these tournaments and thats a lie, I spend time fixing configs , keeping my ftp up to date, making sure everything is neatly organized, just to think all these biased opinions started forming only because the way I seeded my bracket. How about we all chill and sign-up and have fun, Unless you don't have enough drama going on in your real life where you HAVE to start something on the forums, mountains out of mole hills my friend.

I will state this, I will be randomizing players with IRC only for this tournament, the other tournaments that I made will still use my method.

Nightmare
On Lightcycle Grid
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:36 pm

Re: Sumo Bar Tournament 2

Post by Nightmare »

Cody wrote:hey guys guess what vov isn't signing up, guess we should all be devastated.
now he difinately wont sign up lol :pacman: :sdot: :sdot: :sdot:
Image

Post Reply